2011 Off-Season - All the Changes

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Ziggy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow Active Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thanks, Rainbow! I like to know the sources of posted info. :)

3. icellist

icellist Member

i think jeremy ten should get an honorable mention in the injured section ;D
    anyone hear any news about him?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Jeremy Ten has been injured for ages now. No ideas about any updates on him though.

Alexis Miart of Zahorski / Miart has suffered a very serious ankle injury, will need surgery and I guess this means they might not be able to compete at all next season. :(
    (source: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3232623&postcount=1)

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  6. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Looks like Daisuke Murakami works with Frank Carroll now. His tweet "Happy Birthday to our coach Mr. Frank Carroll!!!"

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Carroll was listed as one of Murakami's coaches in his ISU bio as of last season: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007654.htm

In addition to having Murakami and Denis Ten (KAZ) among his current non-USA students, Carroll also coaches Misha Ge (UZB): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013128.htm

So, technically speaking, all 3 of these guys started working with Carroll during the 2010-11 season.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  8. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Oh, okay!

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

10. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Canac/Bonheur are officially done. The French fed announced it yesterday.
    She is pursuing her studies, while he is looking for a partner for shows or competiion.

11. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

I have an update on this issue. It seems it wouldn´t come to reality as Bouquet signed some bloody shows contract which enables him to skate next season.

12. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Surpise, cause I have heard that he is moving back to Ukraine from Oberstdorf as the goverment and/or sponsors do not want to spend money abroad but he is continuing till Sochi Games. :shuffle:

13. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Yes, falling in love in every Ukrainian ice dancer in the world of figure skating. :p

14. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

And he did not know about the contracts before the try-outs? :confused:

15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

It's a real shame that Mysliveckova/Bouquet aren't to be. :(

I hope she can find somebody else asap.

16. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Better to earn money then throwing them out of window with many problems to come (citizenships, releases, hard training etc.)

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Unofficial but I heard that Otar Japaridze has retired.

I hope it's just a rumour because he's :psoty: and I really enjoyed his powerful skating.

That would leave Elene G as the only Georgian skater competing at present.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Update 2

Retired

Kristine Musademba

Injured

Alexis Miart of Zahorski/Miart seriously injured his ankle and had surgery. He is going to be off-ice for 3months.

GP Selection Details published

A 2011-2012 GP Announcement has been published:
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/c...-3572-4771-layout160-129918-news-item,00.html

Minimum score for GP entry confirmed as 2/3 of the highest score in each discipline at 2011 Worlds.

The alternate lists are going to be built in the following order (reposting a post originally by Sedge):

• Come back skaters will be placed in the top position of the alternate list.

• Split couples who were previously in the top 12 of a World Championship would be next on the list taking the points of the previous partner. This places them in second top position on the alternate listing.

• Skaters in proper order of top 24 season’s best would be next.

• Skaters from the top 24 who have only one event will be listed in the next order and should be picked in that order (done by points).

• All other Skaters in the top 75 season’s best would be listed next.

• Selected International Competitions’ winners are placed on the bottom of the alternate listing.

19. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Are we saying Rena Inoue is Retired from Pairs? What about Ice-Dance? Were did you get this info. btw. When I put my folders together. I'm always wondering how correct I am with who's still skating/Partnered up.

20. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Is Kristine Mustabumba fully Retired? Or going back on ice? What about Rena?

21. madm

madm Active Member

There was an article somewhere in an FSU thread where Tiffany Vise (partner of Don Baldwin) mentioned that Rena Inoue is pregnant and due in November.

22. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Actually it was Don Baldwin who spilled the beans in the GS article -- link to the GSD thread: Rena Inoue pregnant.

FSWer, you'll just have to trust that the information posted in this thread is reliable and up-to-date. :)

According to information I received earlier this summer, Kristine Musademba is starting college full-time in the fall and will not be competing in the coming season (she hasn't officially announced her retirement but very few skaters do these days).

New Canadian dance team of Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier announced -- GSD thread with article link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79627

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  23. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
    Dear Ziggy, I hope the rumour is wrong. We need to keep at least some :psoty: es there!:drama:

24. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Is Rena returning to Pairs after she has her kid?

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Great to hear about Gilles/Poirer. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  26. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

No she isn't.

She might to shows in a few years but she will not skate competitively again.

27. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I don't think so. She's probably more interested in focusing on her family now. :)

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

And when did age or desire stop Papa Baldwin? ;)

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

I don't think Inoue/Baldwin ever officially announced their retirement from competition (via US Figure Skating anyway), but I think it's safe to assume they're done competing as eligibles.

UPDATE: The news came out during the Liberty Summer Competition earlier this month that the new U.S. Senior pair team of Felicia Zhang and Nate Bartholomay are relocating from the University of Delaware to Ellenton, Florida to train with Jim Peterson, Lyndon Johnston et al.

30. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

No, he is really retiring. :(
    He gave a farewell show at Oberstdorf just a few days ago.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.