2011 Grand Prix dates on the ISU website

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Jan 23, 2011.

1. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

21 - 23 Oct Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Skate America TBA, USA
    28 - 30 Oct Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Skate Canada TBA, Canada
    4 - 6 Nov Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Cup of China Beijing, China
    11 - 13 Nov Grand Prix of Figure Skating - NHK Trophy Sapporo, Japan
    18 - 20 Nov Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Trophee Eric Bompard Paris, France
    25 - 27 Nov Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Rostelecom Cup Moscow, Russia
    8 - 11 Dec Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Combined Juniors and Seniors), TBA, Canada

and juniors:
    31 Aug - 4 Sept Riga, Latvia
    7 - 11 Sept Brisbane, Australia
    14 - 18 Sept Gdansk, Poland
    21 - 25 Sept Brasov, Romania
    28 Sept - 2 Oct Innsbruck, Austria
    5 - 9 Oct Milan, Italy
    12 - 16 Oct Tallinn, Estonia

2. lukeanthony

lukeanthony New Member

Can't wait to find out where in Canada GP final is being held so I can start planning my next trip! :p

3. mocha-ice

mocha-ice Active Member

Oooh... GPF in Canada, that's great news!! :) Hopefully we'll find out the location soon (as well as that of Skate Canada too!)

ETA: A bit OT, but the ISU website also states that 2012 4CC will be held in Colorado Springs.

4. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I have already played around with a trip to Paris for TEB. It was fun in 2009 and you get to go to Paris. (US Nationals in San Jose may be over my budget for skating...)

5. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Too much to hope that Montreal will host a JGP event again? Oh well...

6. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

I would love too, but I don't think it will be Montreal, maybe Quebec?? I hope we get Skate Canada or GPF near Montreal.

7. luCN

luCN New Member

many news here said COC will hold in Shanghai,hope we can get a confirmation later...

8. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

9. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

If it is in Quebec, I may seriously consider going. I haven't really thought the GPF was a good deal in previous years because it is only 6 skaters each and there were always a lot of withdrawals but now that it is combined with the JGPF, it seems like a better deal.

10. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

The arena in Quebec City was not very spectator friendly the last time I was there (for Skate Canada International) and although there has been talk about building a new one, it certainly won't be ready for December of this year!

11. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

If Quebec gets it, it won't be at Colisée Pepsi as it was for Skate Canada, but at Pavillon de la Jeunesse which is close to Colisée Pepsi. This is why it's possible. That's what they said in a French article.

12. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Thanks for the clarification, Quebecoise - I noticed the name was different in the article but wasn't sure what they were referring to.

13. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Is CoC definitely in Beijing? There were rumours it would be in Shanghai. I hope it's in Beijing because I have a friend (eliza61) who wants to come and visit for it!!

14. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

OMG, I've got all fingers and toes crossed (and cramping) that either SC or GPF will be somewhere that I can consider going to. Quebec city would be GREAT!! Anywhere in Ontario for one of them...fantastic. Either of them in Atlantic Canada would be even better.

Does anyone know when the announcements of venues will be made?

15. Theatregirl1122

I vote for skate canada in kitchener, hamilton, or fake londen...

you know, driving distance from where I live.

16. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Yes, Hamilton plzzz, that way I don't even need to get a hotel! :cheer2:

17. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

When is the location for SA likely to be announced? I want to know if it's worth saving some holiday for. I'm hoping it will be somewhere east...

18. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Which is good because there aren't that many :D

19. Theatregirl1122

At this point, I'm starting to think it will be announced in September. :drama:

20. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

I recently read in the German skating magazine that ISU will implement some major changes again. Guess we won't know the initial assignments before the end of July.

21. care bear

care bear Active Member

According to the German skating magazine "Pirouette" CoC will be held probably in Shanghai.

22. Aimless

Aimless New Member

Rats, I wish there were a JGP event in the US. I went to the one in Lake Placid in 2009 and it was a great experience. Huge bargain (all even ticket less than $20?) and got to see a lot of up and comers, as well as some who clearly won't progress so far. Scariest pairs programs ever! collective breath holding in the arena during the lifts--those grim faced wobbly young men! It was really thrilling. Christine Musademba was a highlight, and Ross Minor and the Shibutanis.

23. bibi

bibi Member

1 MORE VOTE FOR QUEBEC CITY !! :rollin::rollin::cheer2::cheer2:

and the GPF city is supposed to be announce is a few days according to this article : http://actualites.ca.msn.com/regional/quebec/rc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=27445761

24. stejoho40

stejoho40 Active Member

Aint that the truth. I remember the good old days when you actually knew more than a year ahead of time and they sold tickets for the following year at the current SA....the announcements just get later and later every year.

25. jtpc

jtpc Active Member

Has anyone else heard anything or come across articles mentioning possible locations for Skate Canada or the GP Final? We had an article posted at the end of last month about Quebec City possibly being a location for the GP Final, but just wondered if anyone had heard anything else in the last couple weeks. Hope there's an announcement soon about both events! :)

26. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Sandra -- changes like how invitations or issued? or changes like dropping one of the GP events and letting the GP final go to whichever country does not have have a GP event this year?

27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

That's what I've heard but no concrete details at this time.

Sandra P., is there anything useful you can quote from the German article?

28. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Quebec City for the GPF!!! :cheer: We don't host enough figure skating events in this province! Heck, we don't even get CSOI this year! :angryfire We should receive GPF as compensation! :lol: :D ;) :p

29. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

oki doki lets get into the details
    Singles - down to 10 entries each
    Dance - down to 8 entries each
    Pairs - remains at 8

Top 6 from worlds can do 3 events like in the past

minimum score will be implemented at 2/3 of the previous season top score ... example Pairs S/S currently first with 210.72 so minimum score would be 140.48

minimum score can be achieved in the previous season or at the autumn internationals like Nebelhorn Trophy

massive change to the substitution rules
    the list is updated after each ISU senior event and published on the ISU homepage. if a skater or pair withdraws the first one in the ranking of the substitute list has to be invited. no more replacing with the lowest ranked skaters on the list. it has to be the number 1 on the list of substitutes.

at least thats what my magazine says

30. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member