2011 Golden Globe Nominees

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AliasJohnDoe, Dec 14, 2010.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

2011 Golden Globe Nominees!!!
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...nations-glee-30-rock-lead-tv-nominations.html

Best Television Series (Comedy or Musical):
    "30 Rock"
    "The Big Bang Theory"
    "The Big C"
    "Glee"
    "Modern Family"
    "Nurse Jackie"

Best Television Series (Drama):
    "Boardwalk Empire"
    "Dexter"
    "The Good Wife"
    "Mad Men"
    "The Walking Dead"

Best Motion Picture (Drama):
    "Black Swan"
    "The Fighter"
    "Inception"
    "The King's Speech"
    "The Social Network"

Best Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical):
    "Alice in Wonderland"
    "Burlesque"
    "The Kids Are All Right"
    "Red"
    "The Tourist"

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all the nominees and glad to see a couple of my favourites got mentioned: The Black Swan and The Walking Dead. No mention for Hawaii 5-0 or Castle. LOL

3. AliasJohnDoe

Best Supporting Actor (Television):
    Scott Caan, "Hawaii Five-0" :cheer:

4. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I'm shocked Burlesque made it into any list of "Best" movie anywhere. :lol:

I love me anything Christina, so I saw it, and her singing was fabulous, of course, but everything else was baaaad. Worst acting (from everyone) I've seen in years, goofy, hokey story too.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Even worse than Whitney "And.....then....I.....exHALED.....girlfriend" Houston or Beyonce "Bitch......Iwillshowyoucrazy" Knowles?

I have a good friend who lurves all things Cher, and he thinks she should be nominated for an Oscar for her role in Burlesque. Shit, I lurve Cher, but I actually think that she should return the Oscar she DID win :shuffle:.

6. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Toy Story 3 failed to get nominated. The Golden Globes always have funny nominations for the big prize since they split the category in genres and the Foreign Press Association really has no transparency and are more worried about schmoozing with the celebrities that they reward.

7. AliasJohnDoe

It did, under best animated movie.

Best Animated Movie:
    "Despicable Me"
    "How to Train Your Dragon"
    "The Illusionist"
    "Tangled"
    "Toy Story 3"

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Burlesque? They must have been hard up for musicals.

In the Best Song category, "Coming Home" isn't a bad song, but I wouldn't say it's the best one on the Country Strong soundtrack. I think I'd have gone with "A Little Bit Stronger" -- but then, I suppose if you're running the Golden Globe ceremony, you'd rather have Gwyneth Paltrow performing than Sara Evans. :shuffle:

9. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Some of the nominations are exactly what I expected and other just seem really bizarre. I don't get the Halle Berry or Michael Douglas nominations at all. I also don't get the nominations for Alice in Wonderland or Burlesque. I'm hoping The Kids Are All Right take the category. The nominations for Drama series were really exciting. I would have liked to have seen True Blood in there since it had its strongest season. I have never watched The Good Wife, but I know the other four series totally deserve their nominations. I'm so excited for Laura Linney and The Big C. I love that show and Laura Linney's acting in general is :swoon:

10. VIETgrlTerifa

I forgot that the Golden Globes have strict rules about their categories. Like foreign films not being eligible for Best Drama or Best Comedy/Musical (which got them into a small controversy when Babel won Best Drama when about 75% of the film was in a foreign language).

11. AliasJohnDoe

That's my only disappoinment about the TV Drama catagory. True Blood had their best season yet, and the actors deserved some recognition, especially Denis O'Hare(Russell). :confused:

12. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Alice In Wonderland, The Tourist, and Burlesque are ranked among some of the worst reviewed movies of the year, and they're nominated? How much money did the Associated Press members pocketed for those nominations, LOL ? I feel bad that The Kids are Alright are included in this group.

ETA: Maybe The Tourist and Burlesque are nominated in the hope that Bradgelina and Cher will show up on award night to add glamour and draw viewers.

Since there's a separate drama and comedy/musical category, how about one just for action movie?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  13. icewalker08

icewalker08 New Member

The Tourist???????Angelina Jolie, "The Tourist"??????Johnny Depp, "The Tourist"??????
    :rolleyes::blah::yikes:

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Wow. No Gwyneth Paltrow. :fragile: :2faced:

15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Glee, The Good Wife & Modern Family! :cheer2:

I really, really hope Sofia Vergara takes the supporting actress category - she's been absolutely outstanding this season, IMO. I'm surprised neither Christine Baranski nor Archie Panjabi got nominations.

Great for Emma Stone, she made Easy A. I'm also happy for Mila Kunis, who I really like and I've heard is an absolutely lovely person in real life.

16. VIETgrlTerifa

I hope you guys don't mind if I turn this into an Oscar preview thread since that's what the Golden Globes really are.

The National Board of Review selected their choices some time ago:

http://www.nbrmp.org/awards/

They chose The Social Network to be the Best Picture of the Year.

as did Los Angeles

http://www.lafca.net/years/2010.html

and Boston

http://www.thebsfc.org/

New York hasn't voted yet, but the New York Online critics also chose The Social Network as the Best Picture of the year. It looks like The Social Network is this year's Hurt Locker.

The National Society of Film Critics are a bit...contrarian when they make their picks but when it's sort of a blow-out like this, they tend to agree with the other organizations.

17. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:cheer: The Kids Are All Right (though hoping that J Moore, much as I love her, is not nominated for an Oscar ... as it might siphon votes from the long overdue Bening)

:cheer: Sophia Vergara (she should -- and will methinks -- win!)

:cheer: Mila Kunis (cool surprise. Gorgeous and a deft comedian ... 'bout time she's hitting the big time)

:cheer: No Paltrow

:rofl: Burlesque (I thought the movie was a hoot, but certainly not award calibre beyond the music ... and Cher's face has been incapable of moving, let alone acting, for years)

:angryfire No Jane Krakowski (BAH!)

18. AliasJohnDoe

19. VIETgrlTerifa

I'm disappointed that Damages failed to garner any nominations for its fantastic (though not its best) third season (this one loosely based on the whole Bernie Madoff fiasco). Glenn Close and Rose Byrne got nominations for the past two seasons and I would have liked the streak to continue.

20. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I recently watched Luther on BBCA and really enjoyed it. So yay for Idris Elba! :cheer:

21. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

:cheer: Chris Colfer

22. AliasJohnDoe

I've loved Mila Kunis since "That 70's Show". But my favorite role of hers is as the voice of "Meg" on "The Family Guy"

23. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen "The King's Speech"? I wonder how good Colin Firth's and Geoffrey Rush's performance are. I tried to look it up but it appears to be shown limited right now. I can't find a theatre near me that is showing it (Virginia Beach).

24. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I haven't, but a couple friends of mine saw it and just raved about it.

25. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I'm most surprised by the nomination for Alice in Wonderland. The category for Comedy/Musical always includes a few WTF nominations, though.

I know I am probably way in the minority but I would vote for How to Train Your Dragon as best animated film over Toy Story 3! I just do not get all the fuss over TS3.

Beefcake likes this.
  26. VIETgrlTerifa

Thank goodness you're a Saints fan and we have a lot in common in gymnastics because that comment killed me inside, :p

It's ok. As long as you didn't say Shrek 4.

27. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

LOL! Well TS3 was still a very good movie, I just absolutely lurved Dragon.

28. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I haven't seen The King's Speech so I don't know if he deserves it, but a big :cheer2: to Colin Firth. I adore him and think he's been rather underappreciated in his career.

I would love for him and Annette Bening to win the Oscars. She's so overdue and was just fantastic in The Kids Are Alright.

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Idris :swoon:

30. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Jennifer Love Hewitt for The Client List? REALLY?