2011 Four Continents TV and Online Schedules

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by HisWeirness, Feb 15, 2011.

1. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

Oooh! That's good... but was *reallllllly* hoping for a TV broadcast... I'm still crossing my fingers for that+++

With Alissa's, D/W's, and the Shibs' terrific placements all season plus the excitement of Bradley and Y/C, I just cannot imagine no TV broadcast

-Bridget

2. John 3 17

SA FD. It was the BESTEST FD I've ever watched...

-Bridget :)

3. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Skate Talker, there is some truth in that old adage that "honey attracts more bees than vinegar", but then lol sometimes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". lol Who knows what to do>

4. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Me too! Doesn't hurt to wish.

5. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

*Sighs* this is so frustrating... 4CC is not an inferior championship anymore.. All the A-Teams are going (Except for US Men and thas because the A-Tean ended up being a bunch of newbies so the actual B-Team here is arguably stronger). The level at the top will be way higher than Euros yet this event is always treated like it doesnt exist..

6. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

Exactly, both the ISU and icenetwork in their articles pointed out that all four world champions will be competing at Four Continents.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

8. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

At this point I don't care. I just want to be able to view it live SOMEHOW from Canada. I'm cool with non-geoblocked-foreign-language internet content!
    Do we have a winner as far as that goes? I need to know if I should start taking my uppers later this evening...:p

9. HisWeirness

^ The first post in this thread lists the live coverage available.

Right now, CCTV 5 is showing pairs SP live 6:30am - 8:30am Eastern NA early Thursday AM.

Hopefully tonight I can work on finding reliable CCTV5 streams. Everyone is welcome to help with this ;).

The only events with potentially live coverage (for those in North America, etc.) are Pairs SP and FS (CCTV5) and Mens FS (Fuji TV).

Hopefully Universal Sports will come through and provide a stream, but nothing is certain at this point.

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if I'm staying home on Friday because I got up in the middle of the night on Thursday. :shuffle:

11. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

I'm still hoping for a justintv-like streaming of CNTV

(Is there a begging emoticon?)

12. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

This website broadcasts different channels live. I don't know if any of these will contain skating, but I figured it would be okay to go ahead and post it in here just in case. Each available channel is listed under the country.

http://tvpc.com/ChannelList.php

13. John 3 17

I've never watched a comp online before (instead i wait for youtube), do I have to watch it live at an unGodly hour (LOL, for me it will be) or can it be watched later? TIA!

-Bridget

14. RD

RD Well-Known Member

^ depends on where in the world you are, right? ;) If in NA, yes. If in Europe or Asia, no

15. John 3 17

Yes, NA for me, and to seems to be scheduled very early in the morning... so, I can watch it later (not live)?

-Bridget

16. HisWeirness

Hopefully Asian fans with NA-geoblocked live coverage will make youtube videos of the SD and Pairs SP that should be available during the day (USA time) tomorrow.

Right now there is no North American coverage (TV or online) with the exception of the 1 hour CBC (Canada) TV program featuring ice dance on Saturday (4-5pm Eastern).

17. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

HisWeirness, have you heard from UniversalSports? I also sent them an inquiry. Probably too late if they decided not to show it, but cannot hurt to let them know that people have a lot of interest in the competition.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  18. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

in exactly 8 hours, Pacific Time, the SD will be airing...

I really hope someone manages to capture a stream from Taipei!!!

19. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'm going to find out tomorrow if I got up for the SD tonight.

I'd like to get up to follow the PBP for the SD even if there is no stream but I was wondering if anyone in Asia who will be getting a stream will be doing PBP?

20. HisWeirness

They have not said anything on twitter, which was the source of the info. I have not seen an update on their website or facebook page either. I am doubtful at this point that there will be a stream for tomorrow, but I still have hope.

I am wondering the same thing. I hope that some of our Chinese/Taiwanese posters (these are the only two areas with live coverage of the SD) will do some Short Dance PBP for us. :)

21. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

22. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I think that Universal sports can internet stream more than one thing at once. Although I don't think they will be getting anything together for 4CC.

23. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

I'm searching for a Chinese VPN to see if I can figure out a way to watch. If I succeed I can do PBP for the SD.

24. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

IDK what VPN is but if you succeed will there be a link you can post so others can watch too?

25. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

please, please, please, Tawainese fans, upload Tessa and Scott's SD tonight :) and maybe the Shibs? :)

26. RD

RD Well-Known Member

+1 !

27. OlieRow

So I'm currently seeing badminton on CNTV, not sure if it's live?? Is there anyone who can check and see what's supposed to be on?

I downloaded FlyVPN and used the free trial code to access a Chinese server. The info says the trial server goes off every 20-30 min when the password changes and you can only access it 3 times per day. Not sure how feasible that is, but if the program works, a subscription is $10/mo. Quality is quite good at the moment.

Hmm... The trial server just timed out, but the feed is still playing!

ETA: Looking to figure out how to stream via justin tv now...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  28. RD

RD Well-Known Member

29. OlieRow

Sweet!! If that doesn't work, I think I've figured out how to set up a justin tv broadcast with the trial VPN stream.

30. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Awesome. I think it would be great if you could go ahead and set that up anyway, just so we have options. :) e.g. if one feed goes down, etc.