2011 Four Continents-Taipei

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by beebee, Sep 3, 2010.

1. beebee

beebee Active Member

Picked up tickets today and it turns out that the free seats are on Levels 2 and 3.

2. newfsfan

newfsfan New Member

I am in R2A, I also got some extra tickets the other day on Y2C.

3. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I am not going to 4CC, but I am visiting Taipei in October (my brother lives there). Thank you so much for all the information in this thread....I will copy and paste it into a document for reference when the trip gets closer!

4. anony

anony New Member

I am so delighted to hear that! :) I think I'm getting more excited about what people will think of Taipei than the actual competition itself. :lol:

Another place that I feel might be worth going to, but is a bit further away, is Wulai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wulai_District

It isn't the most stunning display of nature that Taiwan has to offer, but at least it's reachable with public transportation from Taipei City and is a nice one-day/half-day trip if you just want to see some pretty lush trees. :)

Here are some other natural park places (Yehliu and Yangmingshan) that are also a bit further from the city, but nice if you have some extra time for sightseeing. :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293913-i9546-k2405533-Taipei_Dansui_MRT_to_yehliu-Taipei.html

5. Sonata

Sonata Member

Just wanted to add to some of the Taipei love. I was there 10 years ago. Shilin night market was my favourite among the night markets - it is the biggest and there is a lot of variety (clothes, food, etc.) I would also recommend the jade market for souvenirs. It is not that big (at least not 10 years ago) but they make fun trinkets out of jade. I bought a small jade keychain trinket shaped like a roller blade when I was there. There were no ice skates - I checked - but maybe some people will make some now that 4CC is there....

Restaurants I find intriguing but haven't tried are the Yonghe Soy Milk King (where you can drink hot soy milk 24 hours a day) and the Modern Toilet restaurant (where seats are in the shape of urinals). There is certainly a lot of variety in Taipei!

6. AKISIN

AKISIN New Member