2011 Canadian National Championships

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Skate Talker, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Hi all thought I would kick this off with good news from Skatebuzz today

Skatebuzz live streaming coverage

Here is an excerpt from the beginning and the schedule from the end of the article -

I am going to guess this will NOT be geo-blocked since it is not an international ISU event.

2. Skate Talker

These are the TV and Internet schedules for CBC as posted at SkateCanada but beware these have been up for months so should be considered preliminary

CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC

2011 BMO Canadian Figure Skating Championships on CBC Television (Main Network)

Friday, January 21
    21:00
    00:30

Saturday, January 22
    16:00 ET LIVE
    01:00 ET LIVE

Sunday, January 23
    20:00

Sunday, January 30
    12:00 ET (Alberta - East)
    16:00 (BC)

2011 BMO Canadian Figure Skating Championships on CBCSports.ca

Friday, January 21
    18:00 ET LIVE
    18:45 ET LIVE
    21:00 ET LIVE

Saturday, January 22
    12:30 ET LIVE
    15:00 ET LIVE
    16:00 ET LIVE
    20:00 ET LIVE
    22:30 ET LIVE
    01:00 ET LIVE

Sunday, January 23
    17:45 ET LIVE
    19:00 ET LIVE
    22:00 ET LIVE

Sunday, January 30
    12:00 ET

2011 BMO Canadian Figure Skating Championships on CBC bold

Friday, January 21
    18:00 ET LIVE
    18:45 ET LIVE
    21:00 ET LIVE

Saturday, January 22
    12:30 ET LIVE
    TBC
    20:00 ET LIVE
    22:30 ET LIVE

Sunday, January 23
    17:45 ET LIVE
    22:00 ET LIVE

Here is a link to the grid currently showing on CBC's website (it gets all mushed up if I try to copy and paste.)
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2010/10/21/spf-cbc-figureskating-schedule.html

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  3. baron

baron Guest

Hi
    Thanks so much for the schedule. Bold as per often has started broadcasting the figure skating now beginning at 4pm and the Bell guide says it is continuing until at least 8pm t0-night
    Baron

4. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Update from south of the border: Radio-Canada.ca transmission works!!!

Unfortunately, however, everytime I click for live skating, I get a news report about Tunisia. :(

5. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

I'm loving the fact that Josee Chouinard has joined PJ Kwong on Bold. She is definitely getting more comfortable as she goes, and it's just so wonderful to listen to her talk. She has had some different and insightful things to say. I've missed her so much...

6. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

PJ seems very supportive and encouraging, too, which is nice. I like how she is prompting Josee with her thoughts.

7. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

Argh, I'm so pisssed that CBC television practically skipped the Men's SP! :mad: The men's event is generally the favourite figure skating discipine in Canada, so I was very disappointed that we only got Patrick's performance (heck, we didn't even have his K&C!) Considering that the hockey game aftewards was a replay, I thought it was ridiculous and insulting that figure skating didn't receive more coverage.

Not that I expect that this will make a difference, but I'm planning to write a complaint to the CBC. http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

8. ugotme

ugotme New Member

Apologizing in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place but just wondering if there's any way to view Patrick's long program with Kurt and Tracy's commentary? Can only seem to find Youtube video with P.J and Josee...which seems odd.

9. Skate Talker

The lack of the version with Kurt and Tracy's commentary could possibly be due to technical problems with the broadcast. I know that at FSVids people from several areas of Canada are reporting that there were several glitches, in the HD version at least. Also, the Pj/Josee version is the one most accessible online as it was the one that was streamed live and is the version that is available on CBCsports.ca website.

10. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Reminder: gala is aired today on CBC at 12pm(ET and Alberta) and 4pm for West(but check your local listings to be sure). It's a one hour coverage so they won't show a lot.