2011/2012 Grand Prix - Online Viewing Options

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Ziggy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

IceNetwork in US, right?

What about the rest of us?

Personally I've found tvteka.tv to be the best of the Russian websites offering online streaming.

NTV is going to be showing all of the Grand Prix again, right?

2. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Erm, no, NTV has nothing to do with the Grand Prix this season. They haven't bought the rights. Eurosport did. While Eurosport can be watched on NTV, their schedule is very hectic and I don't know if I survive the Skate America schedule.... I will have to stay awake day and night:(

Also, the broadcast will be divided between Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 and since there is no way for me to watch Eurosport 2 on my TV I had to go to Eurosport website and pay there to watch these channels online.

Ziggy, what's that TVteka site? I can't find\open it:shuffle:

In Canada, there is CBC Sports and also Radio Canada.

In Italy - Rai Sports may be.

CCTV in China may show some things.

3. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

4. Elka

Elka Active Member

TVteka can be watched only outside of Russia.

5. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

I only have infos about the first wo GPs, but SA will be pre-recorded on Saturday and live on Sunday evening at 22.40.
    For SC there will be a 3 hour synthesis on November 2nd.
    Last year there was a live channel (without commentary) on the RAIsport website, but I doubt you can find a link of it that's not geoblocked.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! :mad:

I can't believe it...

NTV Sport coverage was always so amazing. They would show everything, if not on the main channel, then on the other ones.

And Eurosport is only going to show small bits and not all the events either.

Dammit, we got so screwed. :(

I guess I'll have to find some decent proxy and watch it on Ice Network.

7. FarFarAway

That's a pity, but anyway it's something.
    Could you please give a link to the live channel you mentioned? I am going to try with proxy may be if I am lucky.

Ziggy, I really wish you the best of luck. Last week I was trying to connect to CBC with proxy and I just failed, like last season too:shuffle:

But, actually, yesterday I was planning my time a little bit ahead and I noticed that Cup of Chine will all be live on Eurosport International and Eurosport 2;)

8. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raisport/multimedia/2011/diretta.html
    There are two tv channels (RAIsport1 and RAIsport2) and three web channels (RAIsportweb).
    Let me know if you need a translation of something :)
    I forgot to say that usually RAIsport2 shows the broadcast of the first channel an hour later (if there aren't two important events at the same time).

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  9. FarFarAway

Oh,thanks a lot :) I added the site to my bookmarks and I just only hope that there will be at least something on RAI channels this season.

10. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/event
    Here you can find when RAIsport will broadcast the first two GPs, unfortunately it looks like it won't be live. I'll let you know if RAIsport web will broadcast it, but the link I gave you in the previous post is geoblocked, do you know if there's a way to unblock it (or something like that)?

11. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

Were we looking at the same schedules? Because as far as I can see Eurosport is going to show pretty much the whole events whether live or tape delayed. :confused:

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

NTV+ in past years really show ALL competitions, not like Eurosport will show this season. Hope next year GP will retun on NTV+ again ;)

13. FarFarAway

I wouldn't say pretty much, in fact.
    Skate America and Skate Canada are not live on the most part.

And some better news (rumour stage at the moment, but one of FSOnline users is pretty certain about that, since even the commentator was named :)):
    It seems like GP will be shown live in Russia by Sport 2 channel. So anyone who has access to that channel outside Russia - welcome to try;)

However - I just want to emphasize - I am not very much certain of this fact. The schedule on the website is not updated yet and I will believe all this just when I wake up early Saturday morning and will see Skate America live.

14. care bear

care bear Active Member

Maybe WEB TV has this channel Sport 2.

15. FarFarAway

May be it has, but this Sport 2 channel is very very new, it appeared just in April 2011 and the fact that I have got it in my package from my cable operator is just a mere coincidence - this channel appeared in my package about 3 months ago just from the middle of nowhere.

So I really hope that there are some services like WEB TV that have this channel outside Russia.

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

FarFarAway, thanks for the info. could you tell us how the Sport 2 channel is written in cyrillic?

17. care bear

care bear Active Member

Спорт 2

18. FarFarAway

Yahoo! ah higher, higher, higher (c) :cheer2:

Well, the rumours turned out to be true - Russia is watching the whole GP series this season LIVE.

There are two channels where GP events will be shown:

The first is the online channel Sportbox.ru, which can be found here:
    http://news.sportbox.ru/video?time=1319291726&channel=0
    The problem is that it seems to be geoblocked. Even for the exUSSR countries. :(

The second one (not yet confirmed according to the schedule, but according to the insider there will be a broadcast) is Sport 2, which I mentioned above.

I hope the information helps and FSUers can find the way to watch these channels, if they wish.

19. Hedwig

I just asked the support on WebTV if the channel Sport 2 is among their channels and they confirmed it:
    "(19:43:38) --> Hello - I was wondering if the channel "Sport 2" is among your channels?
    (19:43:46) <David> hi
    (19:43:59) <David> yes
    (19:44:36) --> oh, that is great - thank you!"
    So I will update my WebTV subscription. David better was right. :EVILLE:

20. FarFarAway

21. FarFarAway

You can check anytime if this is the exact channel you need. You can find the logo of the channel in this schedule
    http://news.sportbox.ru/video?channel=all

Sport 2 is the last of all 4 channels in the schedule. The logo should appear in the right top corner of the screen on your computer/TV.

22. Hedwig

hmm, I am having problems - can someone help me out?

At the support they said that the channel was this one:
    http://www.ntvplus.ru/channels/channel.xl?id=3368&day=22.10.2011#tv
    But there isn't skating on the schedule. Any Russian speaking person who can tell me if it is the wrong channel?
    I was told it was this one "&#1053;&#1058;&#1042;-&#1055;&#1051;&#1070;&#1057; &#1060;&#1059;&#1058;&#1041;&#1054;&#1051;" after I couldn't find the "&#1057;&#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090; 2" on the channel list.
    Was that a wrong info?

23. Hedwig

Sorry to be such a pain but I don't understand what you mean. I don't see four channels? And I don't see the logos?

24. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

I don't speak russian but I think that says NTV plus football so I doubt that's it. I can't find the sport 2 channel on webtv but I was hoping I was being stupid since they told you they had it.

25. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that was the wrong info, because the link you posted is for a football channel. Just football games listed - no skating.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Hedwig

Shit - well they DO have the Russia2 channel. There at least the broadcast will be as well if not live.

27. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

I don´t see Channel ´Sport 2´ listed on Webtv right now

they do have Russia 2 (that broadcasts sporting events) and that as FarFarAway mentioned it will give coverage after the gp event

So I would make very sure that the webtv is not thinking that Russia2 is Sport2

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So it's not on WebTV then? :(

I don't see Sport2 or Sportbox online on tvteka.tv either (but I'm using google translate :p so if any Russian speakers had more luck, please let us know).

Shame because I just noticed I have 3 days compensation and 4 days free access so would be enough for two GP events at least.

Oh well, won't be able to watch it live then and will have to hope somebody puts it up on FSVids later. Booooo!

Not live and not all the skaters. :/

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  29. FarFarAway

No, the channel you cited the link to is only for football, no figure skating there.

The logo of the Sport 2 channel (which shows GP events) should look like this:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/9/9a/&#1051;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086;&#1090;&#1080;&#1087;_&#1088;&#1086;&#1089;&#1089;&#1080;&#1081;&#1089;&#1082;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086;_&#1090;&#1077;&#1083;&#1077;&#1082;&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1083;&#1072;_&#1057;&#1087;&#1086;&#1088;&#1090;-2.png

30. Elka

Elka Active Member

I did not find sport2 on TVteka. I sent them e-mail asking about it. They do have other channels from the same company.