2010 OWG Performances

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Jenna, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I wanted to watch some of my favorites from the Games, but NBC Olympics has reformatted their website for the 2012 London Games. Does anyone know where else I can access videos?

2. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

3. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I bought the whole NBC TV skating coverage on i-tunes, very cheap ( something like $4.99).
    If you search " figure skating", it'll come up.

4. reut

reut Active Member

Check official channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/olympicvancouver2010

The last videos in "Figure skating" playlist.
    But they don't have men's LP and ladies.

5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I bought mine off of Amazon Video. There were $1.99 or so per discipline and you can downoad them and save them to your computer. It plays through Windows Media Player and works great.

6. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I used iTunes and it works really well! Thanks, though, for all of your help. :)

7. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think it's great they have their own channel but they said the content is blocked in my country :mad:

8. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Hi Jenna. I just sent you a PM regarding the videos. :)

9. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Thank you Simone!! :D

10. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

You are so welcome! :cool: :)

11. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is OWG?

12. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Olympic Winter Games :)

13. bibi

bibi Member

Does it have many videos or just a few of the american skaters?! Thanks a lot :)

14. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Something in- between:)

Pairs Short:
    Shen/ Zhao, Denney/ Barrett, Bazarova/Larionov, Evora/ Ladwig, Langlois/ Hay, Mukhortova/ Trankov, Volosozhar/Morozov, Kavagitu/ Smirnov, Dube/Davison, Pang/Tong, Zhang/ Zhang, Savchenko/Szolkowy

Pairs Long:
    Denney/Barrett, Evora/Ladwig, Langlois/Hay, Zhang/Zhang, Mukhortova/Trankov, Dube/Davison, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Pang/Tong, Shen/Zhao

Men Short:
    Amodio, Pfeifer, Chipeur, Plushenko, Takahashi, Lambiel, Oda, Joubert, Kozuka, Contesti, Chan, Weir, Van der Perren, Verner, Lysacek, Abbott, Brezina

Men Long:
    Abbott, Kozuka, D.Ten, Amodio, Chan, Lysacek, Oda, Lambiel, Takahashi, Weir, Plushenko

ooof... I give up:) you get the idea. If you have a question about anybody in particular in Dance or Ladies, I'll answer right away.

15. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Does skatebuzz have any of the Olympics on it still?

16. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

17. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Did anyone actually record all of the Olympic skating? Because I was there for the whole three weeks, it was impossible to set everything to record while I was gone. I would pay for the DVDs and shipping. I would really prefer Canadian coverage, but it's not necessary. :)

18. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Wow, that's still pretty impressive coverage. I got the CTV box set (all sports not just skating) and their coverage was pitiful. They didn't even show full programs of all the Canadians, never mind skaters from other countries. :wall:

I still have a lot of stuff sitting un-edited on my DVR (since I was waiting for the DVDs to come out) ... but that's a really good price for the downloads so I think I might go that route instead. Thanks for the info! Of course it might be geoblocked ...

19. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I've mentioned this before, but the coverage on that box set pissed me off so much, I fired off a nasty email to CTV. How could you issue a beautiful box-set like that and not bother to show the whole Opening and Closing Ceremonies...including the parade of athletes. :mad: :wall: I really feel like sending it back, except the Men's Gold Medal Hockey Game is on there, and I want to keep that. :p

20. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member