2010 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships (Aug. 4-7) webcast subscription information

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Copied from the LPIDC event thread in the Kiss and Cry forum:
    Event schedule (tentative): http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/newsite/competitions/ice_dance/Competition Schedule.pdf

2. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I assume the coverage will be of the 1980 arena..?

3. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

$50 for one event LOL! No thanks!

4. SaSherka

SaSherka Well-Known Member

Much cheaper than actually going to Lake Placid and paying entrance fees, hotels, gas etc.

Considering that Productions East sells individual skater DVDs for at least $20-30, then the WHOLE event for $50 is a bargain from them :)

To each it's own.

5. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

My recollection, from when Productions East did the video for an adult comp I used to compete at, is that the $20-30 is for just 1 skater (yourself) and if you wanted to whole flight/event, it was about $50. Additional events were extra but not as much as the first event.

So yes, this would seem to be cheaper than that, but your own performance is a bit more valuable to you than others' (plus, you get to watch yourself over and over for as many years as you own the DVD, whereas I imagine the on-demand access time for this event will be limited). And you figure with all the money you spent on lessons, comp fees, dress, etc, $50 isn't that much by comparison. ;)

But when you compare this to other comp webcasts (like Broadmoor Open, not to mention Ice Network), this cost seems a bit high.

Productions East tends to charge more than other video companies, I noticed. Which may be why I don't see them at too many area comps anymore.

6. SaSherka

SaSherka Well-Known Member

True, it is high. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the pros and cons ;)

I won't be watching any of the skating live or on-demand due to time constraints, but if time were not an issue, I'd be IN Lake Placid, watching live and helping the IDC crew :summer:

7. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Here's an option I was thinking about - If I could find four other people to put up $10 each, I would think we could all share the login, right? Then we could all take advantage of the OnDemand video.