2010 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships (Aug. 4-7) webcast subscription information

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Copied from the LPIDC event thread in the Kiss and Cry forum:
    Event schedule (tentative): http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/newsite/competitions/ice_dance/Competition Schedule.pdf

2. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I assume the coverage will be of the 1980 arena..?

3. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

$50 for one event LOL! No thanks!

4. SaSherka

SaSherka Well-Known Member

Much cheaper than actually going to Lake Placid and paying entrance fees, hotels, gas etc.

Considering that Productions East sells individual skater DVDs for at least $20-30, then the WHOLE event for $50 is a bargain from them :)

To each it's own.

5. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

My recollection, from when Productions East did the video for an adult comp I used to compete at, is that the $20-30 is for just 1 skater (yourself) and if you wanted to whole flight/event, it was about $50. Additional events were extra but not as much as the first event.

So yes, this would seem to be cheaper than that, but your own performance is a bit more valuable to you than others' (plus, you get to watch yourself over and over for as many years as you own the DVD, whereas I imagine the on-demand access time for this event will be limited). And you figure with all the money you spent on lessons, comp fees, dress, etc, $50 isn't that much by comparison. ;)

But when you compare this to other comp webcasts (like Broadmoor Open, not to mention Ice Network), this cost seems a bit high.

Productions East tends to charge more than other video companies, I noticed. Which may be why I don't see them at too many area comps anymore.

6. SaSherka

SaSherka Well-Known Member

True, it is high. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the pros and cons ;)

I won't be watching any of the skating live or on-demand due to time constraints, but if time were not an issue, I'd be IN Lake Placid, watching live and helping the IDC crew :summer:

7. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Here's an option I was thinking about - If I could find four other people to put up $10 each, I would think we could all share the login, right? Then we could all take advantage of the OnDemand video.