2010 Holiday On Ice Shows @ Galleria Dallas (Bradley, Evora/Ladwig, Czisny)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ryanbfan, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

It's that time of year again!!!

11/26 and 11/27 - Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig
    12/4 - Ryan Bradley
    12/11 - Jason Brown
    12/18 - Alissa Czisny, Ashley Cain and Joshua Reagan
    Featuring Dan Hollander as Santa (every weekend)

I think Jonathan Cassar may be added. Him and Ashley were talking and apparently he is trying to work something out. Not a for sure though.

----------------------------------

Today was the first show, I went to it since I can't go to the 5 oclock one tomorrow. Todays was at 12 oclock. Not as packed as last year's black Friday show. Tomorrow morning they will practice and sign autographs after. I'm going to that.

Video of Evora/Ladwig skating today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPVb7P5iQE
    ^^^K, my camera randomly went out of focus while filming that. I tried to fix it by gently and lightly pushing the shutter button (apparently that only works when youre focusing to take a pic) and accidentally stopped taking video. So there's like a random half second break in there. Sorry it's so shaky too, I guess I'm a shaky video taker. Please do not reproduce without permission!

I'll upload the pics to webshots tomorrow and update this every Saturday until Christmas!

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Thank you for taking video of Amanda & Mark today! May I post the video on their Facebook page again? Folks really appreciated seeing that last year. I look forward to seeing your photos and I hope you had a great time! :cheer:

3. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Is the group not the only fan page? I posted it on this Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig Fans! page/group. If it's not the same, go ahead and post it, make sure you state it's not yours haha.

Yeah, I'll try to take some good ones of them practicing tomorrow!

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer: ryanbfan! Thanks for the video!

5. HeatherC

No, that's the right one! Thanks for posting it over there all ready! I was going to create a fan page for them after they made the Olympic team but the group got so many new members in a VERY short amount of time that I didn't have the heart to change it. :p

I look forward to seeing your photos and videos from tomorrow! :cheer:

6. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Still so jealous.

7. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

K so I am back now from the practice and stuff this morning - it was a real treat because Mark's family was there and he was skating around with his adorable little boy. Amanda's was too, she took her nephew around a few times. Mark brought his little boy over to us on the side - telling him to wave to us. I waved to him, I was the only person that little boy waved to :lol:. I feel so special, haha. But he is an adorable little boy.

They didn't do much because they basically already did the show yesterday, just skated around and skated with the girl who will skate in the show today. Mark put his little boy on skates and the poor thing couldn't figure it out, haha. It was cute to watch.

I got to spend alot of time with Amanda and Mark, Mark always comes off to me as so shy but really he is very personable and funny! They signed two autographs for me. :)

Uploading pics to webshots now!

ETA: Pics from this weekend :) http://community.webshots.com/album/579145515VLQufJ

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  8. HeatherC

Thanks for the great stories and for sharing your photos! I'm glad you had a great time and that Amanda & Mark also had a fun time! I know I'm way biased and all, but after meeting a ton of skaters at US Nats, they really are two of the nicest people out there. They're very easy to root for and I hope all the other fans who showed up there had a great time too! :cheer:

Please feel free to share some of your photos with the Facebook group too if you want! I think I have it set up for fans to share them too, LOL :lol:

9. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Thanks for the pics!!!!

I think Mark might be the least shy person on the planet. :lol: I hope his family will be in Greensboro. Holden made an appearance at the FOFS breakfast last year, and I'd love to see how big he's gotten!

10. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Today is Ryan Bradley day! Went to the practice this morning. Looks like 2 girls will do the show tonight and Ryan has a really cool Christmas program planned, I'll definitely film it! And I'm going to film Dan's Santa program too.

Ryan did a LOT of quads this morning, in fact I'll even say that's all he did. I got there kinda late this morning, but only like 15 minutes late. After I arrived, he was working on quads, did like a million of them, did a run through of his program (w/ the back flip, the quad, and some other 'tricks'), and that's about it. He came back at 10 to do autographs. We talked for a bit (5th time meeting him!) and I mentioned to him that he had been doing alot of quads this morning and if he felt more comfortable with it than last year. He said no, but to me they seem alot more consistent, fluid, and less shaky/weird looking. He said his 3a is pretty consistent now, though, and he said the 3a is moreso there than the quad at this point. I did not ask him about his intent to compete at Nationals, I felt that question would've been too invasive.

Not alot of pics at all today, I've had a stressful week and this morning waking up late and my hair going completely psycho didn't help. When I got to the Galleria I was so incredibly flustered, so I kinda just watched and tried not to worry about taking pictures. However, I managed to take about 5 this morning, so here they are :). I got two autographs today, I printed one pic out and when I saw what pic he was gonna sign I was like "oh thats one of my favorite ryan pictures!" so he signed it for me too.

The 2nd autographed picture reads "Andrea, Thanks for all the Support! Ryan Bradley"

Oh, and he told me he hated the v neck costume on the first autographed picture. I was like "but I like it.... :shuffle: "

http://community.webshots.com/album/579264877sZZDqy Pictures :)

ETA: Just wanted to add one of the first things I noticed about Ryan is he is looking thinner than ever. Something tells me (if he plans to compete) he really wants that national title this year.

11. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Afternoon news:
    Ryan's family was there, I think he has family in a town about 5 minutes from me. Anyway, he was struggling with the quad during the warmup before the show. Popped it in the show. Tripped on the ice during the show. Despite these mistakes, Ryan didn't let his disappointment show (if he had any). However, I was very sad for him :(. I hope the quad is consistent soon! Everyone was oohing and aahing at his tricks. When he did the backflip during warm up, everyone went nuts.

Afternoon videos:

Dan Hollander being Santa/Missile Toes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7tBFAe7fI
    ^^^K, I forgot to zoom in. I'll take a better, zoomed in video next weekend.

Ryan Bradley
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HdT0GCxBs
    ^^Video still processing as of 11:00 PM CT?

Sorry for the horrible video taking today, it's hard to watch and make video.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the reports and videos ryanbfan!! I'm glad you had a good time. :cheer2:

13. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reports, ryanbfan! Lucky Dallas:))))) Will you go to see Jason and Alissa ( and Jonathan if he comes?)

14. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Of course I am going to see Jason and Alissa! I've only seen Jason live once, and this was at 2010 Nationals, so it'll be cool to see how he's improved. I go to every weekend of these shows. I live like 30 minutes from the Galleria. haha. Oh the things I do for skating...

And you guys are welcome :)

15. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Went to see Jason this morning. Not many pics at all! He didn't skate much, mostly just marked some stuff and placed where he'll do jumps and spins on the ice. Ran through the program half full out/half marking twice. What I will say about Jason is he is probably our strongest junior mens skater right now. He projects well and he's very sharp with his movements/choreography, and his jumps are strong. I will upload his show program after the show this afternoon. Also, Jason ranks high up there on the "Shyest Skaters" list. Barely spoke a word with him!

Pictures
    http://community.webshots.com/album/579299287DSQkEt

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  16. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

K, someone threw pennies today on the ice right before the show started. I was mad. That is NOT funny and SO beyond dangerous. And the poor girl who had to skate and pick them up, had to do it during the first part of the show. So she had a hard time getting chances to skate in and pick them up. :rolleyes:

Some lady behind me and some skating moms was also being a huge bitch. God, why can't these people stay home? Don't even want to talk about it...

Videos.

Jason Brown - Let it Snow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf2uQMOhIeg

Dan Hollander as Santa - zoomed in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQe_H2V1I0c

17. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

Hey guys. Lot's of bad news today! Unfortunately Alissa could not make the practice this morning, so nothing to report on there. She was having some flight scheduling problems.

Ashley and Josh were there though! They looked so happy and so much more polished. Me and Ashley talked and she said they were so excited about finally going to the JGPF. I'm so happy for them myself. :)

Bad news #2 - Not going to the show this afternoon :(. I've come down with a horrible cold, the mall is going to be CRAZY today (last weekend before Christmas), and I have a family party tonight. I feel bad cause I kinda want to go but I don't think it's possible this weekend :(. So sorry to those who wanted a video of Alissa! I think someone else was planning on taking one though, so look on youtube.

They made a special poster for this afternoon's show with Alissa and her Skate Canada medal. It also says 2009 US National Champion and 2010 Grand Prix Final Champion. I took a picture of t :). Will upload that soon.

Since I'm not going this afternoon, I filmed Ashley and Josh's practice to their routine for the show. They're skating to Where Are You Christmas.

ETA: Alissa's poster
    http://i55.tinypic.com/hx5f1j.jpg

Ashley and Josh practicing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WXtXj9FT0

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  18. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member