2010 Eurovision Semi 2 - Smell Likes Teen Lipstick...Again

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allezfred, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fragoletta

fragoletta New Member

:cheer2: Yay for Cyprus and Turkey, one of the few songs I would actually listen to even if it wasn't for Eurosvision :D

Blah for Denmark, Ucraine, Romania, Georgia...bland songs, I can't even remember their melody :yawn:

:( for Bulgaria, Croatia, Switzerland...no way these songs were worse than the above mentioned dullness or the Apricot Stone (what the fcuk is this??? I'll have to ask my Armenian friend)

2. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Good night, lads. I hope tomorrow I'll be luckier than Von Der Heide :)

3. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Forza Jac!

4. shah

shah Shhh...

I must admit I like the results...Georgia had a very strong performance tonight, so did (surprisingly) Ukraine...
    Armenian girl had some other, ekhm, advantages :p. Safura was given one more chance to redeem herself on Saturday (but please don't run too much on stage!). just like Harel (but omg, I was sooooo nervous for him) and Niamh.
    Denmark, Turkey and Romania - they were obvious for me.
    Cyprus :cheer2:(another guy and his guitar :)).

surprised for Croatia (but for me it resembled 'Molitva' a bit too much) and Sweden (but don't forget it didn't qualify to the finals on FSU, as well).
    as for the rest - well :p...

5. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Ukraine was my favourite tonight, so I am much happier than last night! :D

Who won your contest this year?? It's been wierd not being part of it and actually watching Eurovision without knowing the songs. :eek:

6. shah

shah Shhh...

well, the girl from Malta also did her best to conceal her true age ;). btw, fred, thanks for this Irish link, it really saved my life today!

shalali shalala, karaoke on this fake screen in the background...only bottles of vodka were missing :p...

the only redeeming feature of this performance was the female vocalist, quite pretty one!

absolutely agree :scream:. switching to English also partially blew up this performance - the lyrics were not really fitting the music...

people voted out of sheer sympathy...poor Safura went out of breathe to deliver a good performance and voters appreciated her effort :p

7. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Saturday's Final running order (Semi 2 entries in bold):

01 Azerbaijan Safura "Drip Drop"
    02 Spain Daniel Diges "Algo pequeñito"
    03 Norway Didrik Solli-Tangen "My Heart Is Yours"
    04 Moldova SunStroke Project and Olia Tira "Run Away"
    05 Cyprus Jon Lilygreen and The Islanders "Life Looks Better in Spring"
    06 Bosnia and Herzegovina Vukašin Brajić "Thunder and Lightning"
    07 Belgium Tom Dice "Me and My Guitar"
    08 Serbia Milan Stanković "Ovo je Balkan"
    09 Belarus 3+2 feat Robert Wells "Butterflies"
    10 Ireland Niamh Kavanagh "It's for You"
    11 Greece Giorgos Alkaios and Friends "OPA"
    12 United Kingdom Josh Dubovie "That Sounds Good to Me"
    13 Georgia Sofia Nizharadze "Shine"
    14 Turkey maNga "We Could Be the Same"
    15 Albania Juliana Pasha "It's All About You"
    16 Iceland Hera Björk "Je ne sais quoi"
    17 Ukraine Alyosha "Sweet People"
    18 France Jessy Matador "Allez Ola Olé"
    19 Romania Paula Seling and Ovi "Playing with Fire"
    20 Russia Peter Nalitch and Friends "Lost and Forgotten"
    21 Armenia Eva Rivas "Apricot Stone"
    22 Germany Lena "Satellite"
    23 Portugal Filipa Azevedo "Há dias assim"
    24 Israel Harel Skaat "Milim"
    25 Denmark Chanée and N'evergreen "In a Moment Like This"

8. allezfred

As if a bad performance wasn't enough, drawing number 1 has killed off Azerbaijan's chances completely.

Denmark and Armenia are the ones to watch, in my opinion.

9. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Posting without reading the thread so I won't get spoiled - but thank you Irish RTE! It's the only station I found which posted it immediately On Demand. No dice on the Eurovision site, BBC iPlayer or SVT. I wasn't going to have a chance to watch tomorrow so I had to do so now before the Finals on Saturday.

Will follow the thread as I watch. No alcohol on hand like Tuesday, hope I don't miss it. :lol:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

But voting is allowed from the start, from this year. Which means competing as first might be an advantage.

:mad::angryfire:mad: about Denmark performing last. I'll cry (while the rest of FSU celebrates ;)) it it wins. :drama:

Israel got a great draw too.

I am really hoping Lena wins it. It's the only decent song out of all which have a chance of winning.

11. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. They show the drawing number of each country in the beginning of the show, so that people can vote on songs that are in the last spots. But I don't like this voting from the start thing.

:wall:

Plus, Azerbaijan winning would be the end of the world.

:drama:

12. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only person who would be amused by Azerbaijan winning. :)

I do think that going first could be a disadvantage, but since voting is allowed from the start, Safura might benefit from not being compared to anyone else if people begin voting right away. :lol:

Allezfred, thank you so much for the RTE link! It was a lifesaver today and I enjoyed having the Irish commentary. :cheer2:

13. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

I'd be amused. I love this song and all the :glamor: :fragile: :drama: :p

I dunno, if one :skandal: buys the bloc, I'd say the first order of work would be to at least :bribe: rig up a prime spot in the running order :wall: (see Russia, Dima Bilan...) :cold: ;)

14. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

Alyosha is really underrated! :respec: :rockstar:

Here's the official video for :fragile: :inavoid: :fragile: "Sweet People"....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqspWawDgl0

15. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

16. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Well, I was happy with RTE until I realized the feed had jumped from performance #5 (((Switzerland perpetually robbed))) to #15! Ironically skipping over Ireland...

Fortunately I hunted around and Norwegian station NRK came to the rescue. I'd never found the built-in translator in Google Chrome so useful before. :lol: I did get spoiled about Sweden not making it...shame since I did enjoy it a lot (I'm a sucker for penlights). Overall I thought this semi was ridiculously better than group 1. Loved Harel and hope he does better Saturday! Denmark was so 80's, I'd have sworn Cyprus was American, and I'm going to have to start checking out Turkish radio since this is the second Muse-esque entrant they've had. Props to Ukraine and Georgia for great performances, and hopefully Aze can be less messy next time.

Guitars and dual pianos Saturday, wheee. :)

17. MorganaLefay

MorganaLefay Active Member

How could they not have let the Litvaks through, that was DA BEST! (that performance curiously brought back memories of a Mexican restaurant in Vilnius in the mid-90s: porcini enchiladas, yum). Turkey was kinda cool too....even for a person who goes to metal festivals every year. They said that the Armenian girl is 2 meters tall, otherwise she,
    Aze and Geo are all interchangeable (Geo's choreo was the most annoying). The Israeli guy is a hottie.

18. allezfred

(((Lena)))

;)

I thought Denmark was fantastic last night and it'll be a great end to the show.

Azerbaijan have got the presentation of the song all wrong and why on earth is she singing the chorus so softly? :confused:

Ukraine was the biggest surprise for me last night and was absolutely amazing vocally even if the song is a bit of a dirge.

Difficult to say if voting from the first song had an effect. I guess we'll get a better idea in the final.

One thing about Eurovision this year is that I have absolutely no idea who is going to win. :watch:

19. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

The jurors from Sweden and Denmark were revealed last night - I thought they were supposed to be a secret so they wouldn't be pressured. Each country's jury consist of only 5 members. They will decide their points from the final dress rehearsal. I have a bunch of friends going to that rehearsal - they probably can expect a really good show, as all the artists know 50 % of each country's votes is based on their performance there.

Swedish newspapers are shocked and call for heads to roll - it is almost like reading Russian newspapers after the Vancouver Olympics. :lol:

The Danes are just so smug: "To win on Saturday is not the most important - that would be Denmark making it to the final and not Sweden." :D

2 of my friends that are going to the final on Saturday voted like crazy for Holland because they wanted to be in the arena to raise their hands and sing "Shalla la lala la". :rofl:

Last night I thought Romania and Turkey were really great. They stick out in a good way. :cheer2:

I really hope Harel will perform better in the final because he is amazing and the song is wonderful. He needs to hit his notes on pitch like he did in rehearsal. :swoon: My gay friends noticed that he's had his eyebrows plucked. :lol:

20. lithuien

lithuien New Member

Yay Great show from Georgia:wideeyes:

I'll vote #13 again tomorrow. Sofia deserves it!

21. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

The last four is gonna be :kickass: at least IMO. ;)

22. MikiAndoFan#1

That's what's exciting!

:cheer2:

Can't wait for the final!

:drama:

23. MikiAndoFan#1

:respec:

24. allezfred

Israel. I'll try and remember to send you a PM to politik you into taking part in the poll next year. :)

25. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Awww thanx :) I'd like that. I haven't been with it this year, I only realised last week that it was on! :eek:

I assume that the singer from Israel doesn't normally sing like he did last night? :shuffle:

26. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I guess not. I don´t like the song, too cheesy for this rock´n´ roll aunt, but he has a good voice.

I second Allezfred - no idea who is going to win. Well, not Finland or Sweden, anyway:D

27. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

28. shah

shah Shhh...

:rofl: perfect!
    I wish I had given her some points...fortunately, I can compensate for it tomorrow :).
    btw, fantastic draw for Harel :cheer2:. I keep my fingers crossed for the high notes :).

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I can't get over Lithuania not qualifying. :(

30. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.