2010 European Ladies Medal Predikt (Post Nats)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 29, 2010.

Who medals?

1. Carolina Kostner

90.6%
  2. Kiira Korpi

86.3%
  3. Alena Leonova

48.1%
  4. Ksenia Makarova

30.0%
  5. Sonia Lafuente

1.9%
  6. Ira Vannut

1.3%
  7. Viktoria Helgesson

6.3%
  8. Sarah Hecken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mae Berneice Meite

0.6%
  10. Elene Gedevanishvili

9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who will medal? Multiple choice allowed. Sorry, meant to say 2011 Euros.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

What about Sarah Meier?

3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Is she even competing?

4. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I want a podium involving Korpi and Leonova. Whoever else wants to join them, can.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Carolina Kostner ! :swoon:
    And Kiira Korpi, and maybe Ksenia Makarova, or Elene Gedevanishvili.

6. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Since Laura isn't competing, I want Carolina, Kiira and Elene on the podium. I'd also be happy if Sonia medaled. :D

7. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

Oh noo... Sofia Biryukova didn't qualify for Euros? I don't see her name :( I thought Russia can send 3 women ( Adelina, Elizaveta & Julia can't go becasue of age), Sofia was 6th, so I thought she will go.

8. haribobo

Russia only has 2 spots for 2011 Euros. Leonova finished 7th and Makarova 9th. They lost to people like Meier, Sebestyen, and Gedevanishvili last year, as well as Marchei finishing 8th between them. Not their finest hour. We'll see if they can improve on it this year...with Lepisto and Sebestyen out, and Meier having a bad year...

9. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

I said Kostner and Korpi, for the third spot I voted Leonova, but also Gedevanishvili, Meier, Marchei and Makarova could have it IMO...

10. mia joy

mia joy New Member

So Lepisto is out for the season? Not that I wish anyone any injuries and stuff... but I'm relieved I won't be tortured by her at least for a while... :p though I don't know anymore who irritates me more, her or Kiira...

well anyway, I still think Kostner and Korpi will medal -that's almost for sure. I think either one of the Russians, or Gedevanishvili will meet them on the podium.

still, could the ladies field in Europe get more boring? <praying that the wonderbabies grow into wonderladies really soon>

11. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

I actually want Kostner to win :swoon:

12. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

If Leonova could her nationals performance to Euros she could medal easily! She wouldn't have the PCS of judge faves Kostner and Korpi but the tech should be great. Makarova has a lot of votes and she did well at Skate Canada and also won the short program at Russian nationals.

I forgot Gedevanishvili at the NHK trophy- she beat Korpi in the free skate there but she bombed the short.

13. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Gede is also now doing 2 of her :kickass: 3lz in her FS. I think she could podium but she will need 2 solid programs like she had last year, and where she is a headcase it's hard to tell if she will do that. Kostner and Korpi are near locks to medal I would say, so really the rest of the ladies are battling it out for one final spot on the podium. Leonova, Gede, Makarova are all hot and cold skaters. I think Meier is a non-factor at this point, she's been injured for the past several seasons and it's clearly taken a toll on her skating.

14. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

REALLLYYY :eek: When did that happen? I won't be dazzled by beautiful pops, then?

15. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

lol? why is Lafuente on the list and Marchei not.
    I think Meier is going to be there. I heard she's doing the best she can and she's actually training.

16. Kati

Kati Active Member

She is injured. :( Hopes to get ready for World Championships though. :lol:

17. Kati

Kati Active Member

Happy New Year to you.

18. haribobo

I kind of forgot Marchei, oops.

But she's not going to medal anyway :p

19. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

I know, but she will easily place ahead of Lafuente, so it looked a bit weird to me :) We may easily see the same podium as last year with Korpi instead of Lepisto

20. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

1. Kostner, 2. Korpi, 3. Leonova

Kostner doesn't have the full bag of triples right now but realistically, Korpi struggles with jumps also. Leonova could be the surprise based on Russian Nats.

Will Lepisto be at Worlds?

21. Lookingood

Lookingood New Member

G. Carolina Kostner.
    S. Elene Gedevanishvili.
    B. Kiira Korpi.
    4. Alena Leonova.
    5. Ksenia Makarova.

22. pinky166

I don't see Gede being ahead of Korpi unless she has the SOHL and Kiira really tanks. Kiira will likely have a PCS advantage of about 10-15 points over Elene between the SP and FS, and she's attempting 7 triples in her FS while Elene is only attempting 5.

23. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Which is such a pity, Elene is much more graceful and pleasant to watch.

24. pinky166

I agree, but Korpi got huge PCS at TEB and her win there is only going to help her. Elene has been pretty strong in her FS so far this season though, so you never know.

25. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:rofl:

26. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Are you people kidding me? Gedevanshvili has been crap since 2007. Terrible programs, jump layout, hell her JUMPS have been bad.

Korpi is fabulous this year and has two great programs this year and is actually landing stuff. I'm kinda surpised by the amount of backlash she's received.

But it doesn't matter because PERKOVA is gonna take this! :cheer:

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I really want Korpi to take this. She has beautiful programs, a solid 3+3, and if she skates clean, she'll have the full repertoire of jumps. She's improved tremendously over the years.

28. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

:respec:

29. icellist

icellist Member

wow some people are really harsh on gede.
    i'd be happy with any of the five skaters medalling (kostner, korpi, gede, alena, ksenia)
    but i think ksenia>alena and PCS for kostner (and sometimes korpi) is too high and PCS for gede is too low

predicting 1) korpi 2) ksenia 3) kostner after SP tho,
    gede might surprise in FS, dont really know about alena. she's never wowed me before but her consistency has caught my eye now and then

30. icellist

icellist Member

oh yea and in the FS ksenia will probably tank to 3rd or off the podium
    why is her consistency in the FS this year so bad T.T