2010/2011 Program Info

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by LKR, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LKR

LKR Active Member

Last edited: May 28, 2010
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I think Rhapsody in Blue is a good choice for them. I hope working with Wilson will improve all the sloppiness and rough edges in their skating but I think it'll take a few years.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm just glad it's not Peterson doing their choreography.

4. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Toes. You gotta keep 'em separated.

I love to see him in the K&C :grope: but D/B need more polished choreo to make it from the top 10 into the top 5 internationally. :cheer2:

5. LKR

LKR Active Member

Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth's LP will be to Miss Saigon with choreography done by Irina Romanova (thanks Aunt Joyce for the info!).

6. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Deleted because I was mistaken

8. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Info for next season! :cheer2:

9. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I believe the "2010 Season Notes" section on the IN bios refer to the 09-10 season. For example, Kiri Baga's "2010 Season Notes" lists "Carmen" as her FS, which she ditched after Nationals last season in favor of a new program for Junior Worlds.

10. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

The bios always take a long time to update, it's funny when some skaters keep the same picture for forever, like Christina Gao's IN profile picture is from 2 years ago when she still had braces and doesn't really look that much like her anymore, and she's not 5'1" anymore either.

I really like Miss Saigon for Zhang and Toth, that should be lovely, is Felicia going to compete in pairs and singles again next season? What about Amanda Dobbs?

As for 2010 season notes, for most skaters it looks like those are from last season, with the exception of Yasmin I guess. I expect the new programs and such will be listed under 2011 season notes when they come out.

11. Stephanie

Never mind :-/

12. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

But Fantasie Impromptou was her 2008-09 Novice SP, right? So maybe they just them got mixed up?

13. Stephanie

You are right, I just went back and checked the video archives for 2009 nationals and Fantasie Impromptu was her 2008-2009 short. I guess IN got them mixed up/switched. Sorry for the confusion!

14. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/042510.shtml

The only issue for Felicia was what level at which she would skate. I am interviewing Amanda in a few weeks, so I'll let you know as soon as I do!

15. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Keegan and his mother have told me that he will get a new SP for next season but keep The Incredible Hulk for his FS. Nothing has been confirmed or announced though, but this looks like what it will be.

16. screech

screech Well-Known Member

While he didn't mention his music, during his one-on-one with Kurt Browning, Patrick Chan said that in addition to his new 'Don't Worry Be Happy' EX program, his SP this year is going to be a piece that requires him to 'act' a bit more (in the vein of Kurt). He also mentioned fixing up his LP with Lori, so I don't know if that means he's keeping PotO or if they had already choreographed a new one and were still working on fixing it up.

17. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Well, both Felicia and Amanda are listed in the USFSA's International Selection Pool 2010-2011 for singles AND pairs, so I'm assuming this means Amanda Dobbs is planning on continuing in both, at least for the meantime.

18. letsskate

letsskate New Member

Patrick Chan said quite some time ago that he's keeping his POTO LP

19. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

:( One season of it was bad enough. But I guess Patrick has to do what is best for him - and with so much change and trying to get the 2 triple axels consistent and add a quad? - I understand this decision.

I never get tired of Rhapsody in Blue - but although I know he skated to it -- please don't call it Lysacek music!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:) Yep. Rhapsody in Blue is an excellent choice for a couple who is looking to build their connection / emotion on the ice. There's so much character in the music,without being bound to a particular theme or storyline in the audience's mind , it gives them a lot to work with. This could be a gem.

OTOH , PotO is the reverse. Many people have praised the content of the program, and you can see there's some great stuff in it ( and you can understand the reasons for keeping it considering the challenges Patrick faced last season ), but I'm so deathly tired of PotO, I was hoping for a change.

21. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Kiri Baga is skating to "La Strada" per her Twitter, but not sure if it's her SP or LP.

22. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Kiri tweeted back on April 19 about having a new LP choreographed. :)

Felicia Zhang has registered for both Senior Ladies and Pairs at Liberty in July, but she has until the end of August to test if she decides to move up in singles.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  23. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

She has registered for Senior Ladies SP at the Chesapeake Open at the end of June.

24. Ninchen

Ninchen Active Member

Pechalat/Bourzat posted a photo with new costumes on facebook, saying "New Free Dance : Charlie Chaplin" :)

25. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Oh, I love that theme for Pechalat & Bourzat! It's been done before, but I think it will fit them perfectly.

26. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

That's a brilliant choice for them. :) I hope their music cuts differ from B&S's, because I don't think I could not compare the two (apples and oranges, I know, but I couldn't help but compare Nobu's LP with B&S's either ;)).

27. LKR

LKR Active Member

28. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Toes. You gotta keep 'em separated.

Here's a link to the photo. :)

Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  29. nalgene

nalgene New Member

Great choice for them! And it should safely qualify within the "uplifting" rule nonsense.

30. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

They are totally unrecognizable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.