20 questions -- possibly the worst online quiz so far!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

(but of course that's what makes it fun!)

"Can we guess who you are in only 20 questions?"
    http://www.playbuzz.com/gregs/can-we-guess-who-you-are-in-only-20-questions

In a word, no.

"1. You are male.
    2. You are in currently in your mid 30's.
    3. You are married and just became a parent. You are experiencing exciting days, and more are on their way, but through it all you remain strong, loving and deeply caring.
    4. You have short hair - partly gray, brown eyes and a fit body.
    5. You decided long ago that your kids must have a better childhood than the one you had. You know you'll do anything to make sure of that."

The only thing it got right was the short hair! :lol:

2. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Here is our best guess at who you are:
    1. You are female. yes
    2. You are currently in your mid 40's. not even close
    3. You are raising a beautiful family, you have a career you're quite pleased with. no kids, I'm retired
    4. You've recently started volunteering in your community. no (shame on me)
    5. You are taller than average, you have gorgeous dark hair and beautiful brown eyes. the brown eyes are right

3. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

double post

4. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

"1. You are male.
    2. You are currently in your mid fifties, still working hard and enjoying every minute of it.
    3. You are starting to go bald, but you don't care about it as much as you thought you would when you were younger. You still have your good looks, your gray eyes and your sense of humor.
    4. You have a beautiful loving family, great life-long friends, even the doctor is happy with your annual check up!
    5. Things are generally good, and you just wish they'll stay that way for much, much longer."

Only 2 and 5 are pretty much correct.

I find it very sexist that they seem to guess sex based on grooming rituals.

5. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

1. You are male. Nope
    2. You are in currently in your mid 30's. Nope
    3. You are married and just became a parent. You are experiencing exciting days, and more are on their way, but through it all you remain strong, loving and deeply caring. Married yes, parent yes, but not "just became", the rest is just :rolleyes:
    4. You have short hair - partly gray, brown eyes and a fit body. Partly gray is right, the rest is all wrong
    5. You decided long ago that your kids must have a better childhood than the one you had. You know you'll do anything to make sure of that. Nope

BTW, I do enjoy eating corn on the cob. What does that say about me?

6. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

1. You are male. Nope
    2. You are currently in your mid fifties, still working hard and enjoying every minute of it. Nope, about to turn 40. I am a hard worker, though, and attack everything I set out to do with an assertive approach.
    3. You are starting to go bald, but you don't care about it as much as you thought you would when you were younger. You still have your good looks, your gray eyes and your sense of humor. Nope. I have a thin spot over my left temple which does not show, and is not getting worse. My eyes are blue.
    4. You have a beautiful loving family, great life-long friends, even the doctor is happy with your annual check up! My family is great, but I prefer to keep most people out of my close personal airspace.
    5. Things are generally good, and you just wish they'll stay that way for much, much longer. THIS!!!!!

7. satine94

satine94 awaiting the scores

1. You are female. Yes
    2. You are currently in your mid fifties. Couple decades off.
    3. You have a wonderful big family and a deep loving connection with your lifelong partner. I said I was single....
    4. You have Short hair, light colored eyes and stylish glasses. no, yes, yes!
    5. You have long ago decided to live every minute to the fullest. Your life experiences taught you that no moment should be wasted on something or someone you don't love. Eh.

:shuffle:

8. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

They got me 100% wrong. I'm guessing they ruled me out from the beginning as not likely to take the quiz...

9. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Mine is surprisingly accurate
    1. You are female. yes
    2. You are currently in your twenties, you are single, dating at nights and balancing a promising career during the day. not.at.all.
    3. You are smart, calculated, funny and imaginative. well... imaginative, yes, calculated, that depends on how they mean that and funny and smart is relative
    4. You have black hair, dark eyes a cute nose. not quite but very close, yes, don't consider my nose cute (How do they determine that someone has a cute nose anyway? :p)
    5. You own a pet. yes

10. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

Totally awful quiz, they got a zero with me!

1. You are male. (nope)
    2. You are still a teenager, but won't be one for very much longer. (that ship sailed a very long time ago)
    3. You're in college and are already worried about finding the perfect job that will be both fulfilling and will pay well. Your future worries you more than you'd like to admit. (never went to college and not currently in it and have had the same job over 20 years)
    4. You have beautiful, silky brown hair and big eyes. (wrong color, not very silky and I have normal eyes)
    5. You know that if you'd only believe in yourself more, things would be much easier for you. Yet you still doubt your instincts more than you should, instead of trusting them every time. (this is just silly)

I don't get why they thought I was a man, although I do use nail polish, I don't use moisturizer - but how many men use nail polish unless they're transgender? Is this some new male fad I'm missing out on?

11. Artemis@BC

Eddie Izzard does not a trend make. :lol:

I actually thought it would tag me as a 60-something woman because I picked the soup as the most appealing meal, and I do keep a cardi in the office for the blasting AC. :shuffle:

12. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Here's mine:

1. You are female. YES
    2. You are currently in your mid thirties. I WISH....I'M EARLY 40s.
    3. You have a great job that you don't necessarily appreciate as much as you should. You do, however, appreciate the great life partner that you have and your caring friends. I HAVE A CRAPPY JOB THAT PAYS DECENT AND HAS GOOD BENEFITS. I DO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. I DO HAVE A GREAT HUBBY. :)
    4. You have short blonde hair, gray eyes and a naturally tan skin tone. NOPE. I HAVE SHORT BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES AND PALE SKIN.
    5. You have 2 kids. Currently thinking whether or not to have a third one. NOPE. WE ARE ONE AND DONE ON THE KIDDOS. But did spend lots of time contemplating a second child last year...lol!

13. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

1. You are female. CORRECT
    2. You are currently in your mid thirties. I WISH! TRY MID-40S.
    3. You have a great job that you don't necessarily appreciate as much as you should. You do, however, appreciate the great life partner that you have and your caring friends. PROBABLY
    4. You have short blonde hair, gray eyes and a naturally tan skin tone. NO, NO, NO
    5. You have 2 kids. Currently thinking whether or not to have a third one. NO, JUST ONE AND THAT'S IT.

They probably made me younger & with more kids because I like flip flops, the play area with balls all over, the hamburger, and I take very little time getting ready in the morning.

ETA: Why were other people considered smart, calculated, and imaginative, and I wasn't?? :drama:

14. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Not too far off...

1. You are female. Yes
    2. You are currently in your twenties, you are single, dating at nights and balancing a promising career during the day. Yes, except I'm married.
    3. You are smart, calculated, funny and imaginative. If you say so :eek:
    4. You have black hair, dark eyes a cute nose. Dark brown hair and light eyes, but I'll take the cute nose. ;)
    5. You own a pet. Yes

Does someone have the job of online quiz-maker? They must spend all day curating pictures of crayons, animals, and food.

15. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

1. You are male.
    2. You are currently in your mid fifties, still working hard and enjoying every minute of it.
    3. You are starting to go bald, but you don't care about it as much as you thought you would when you were younger. You still have your good looks, your gray eyes and your sense of humor.
    4. You have a beautiful loving family, great life-long friends, even the doctor is happy with your annual check up!
    5. Things are generally good, and you just wish they'll stay that way for much, much longer.

So, how did we do? How many of these did we get right? Tell us in the comments!

Awww, they got my eyes colour almost right! It's grey-green actually. The rest is not even close

16. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

lol, this has to be a deliberate farce on these stupid quizzes, because based on my answers to specific questions, there's no way this would come up:

1. You are male.
    3. You are starting to go bald, but you don't care about it as much as you thought you would when you were younger. [:scream: ]You still have your good looks, your gray eyes and your sense of humor.
    5. Things are generally good, and you just wish they'll stay that way for much, much longer.

yeah...I'm guessing their algorithm is set to "opposite" the standard responses.

17. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

:lol: I got the EXACT same description. Well, I am male and have brown eyes. :p Averaging across all people I'm sure my hair is much shorter than average, but not especially short for a male (and I've never seen any gray).

18. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

I got the exact same as you :lol:. I don't use nail polish, but I know plenty of men (gay and straight) who get manicures and regularly use clear nail polish. Mostly lawyers / consultants / other people whose job involve presenting a very polished (no pun intended) image.

19. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

1. You are male. (no nail polish should NOT equal male, but whatevs :p)
    2. You are currently in your mid twenties. bwahaha, I wish
    3. You have a temporary job while you're still trying to figure out the rest of your life. Erm, same corporate job for the past 5 years
    4. You have blonde hair, blue eyes, and a gorgeous smile (Have you ever tried professional modeling?). light brown/brown/I guess. Too short to model and wrong look anyhoo :D
    5. People often flatter your appearance. You secretly wish they told you how smart you are. Ya rite. I do prefer people to like/talk to me based on personality, but that hasn't been an issue. Evah! :D

20. Artemis@BC

I answered "sometimes" for nail polish (I like pedicures in the summer) and still got male! I put that was down to my less than 10 minutes to get ready in the morning, though.

How on earth does the quiz even try to guess eye colour, though? :confused:

21. quartz

quartz Far beyond these castle walls

Lol.....I am a male in my mid twenties, blonde, blue eyed and gorgeous!!
    In real life I am a not very attractive, frumpy, early 50's woman with greying hair and 3 chins. :p

22. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Here is our best guess at who you are: You are not good guessers
    1. You are female. Yes
    2. You are currently in your twenties, you are single, dating at nights and balancing a promising career during the day. No. I'll just leave it at that.
    3. You are smart, calculated, funny and imaginative. I am?
    4. You have black hair, dark eyes a cute nose. Nope. I used to be a blonde, now I am grey and I have blue eyes.
    5. You own a pet. Sadly, no. I am gone too many hours out of the day to have one.

23. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Was this quiz from the same people who decided that I must be Norwegian?

24. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I think it is from people who have severely underestimated the diversity of human experience.

25. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I don't have all the details in front of me, but it said I was a male teenager. And this is after I picked a picture of a ballerina figurine and answered "yes" to do you use moisturizer. What the...............??????????

But another of one of those quizzes (people post different sites on Facebook) said that I was almost 50. I'll take it. The ones that were amazingly correct were - my old fashioned name is Susan. Isn't that funny? (My cousin got Hilda, which is our aunt's name.) And something about classic rock said that I am The Beatles. Exactly!!!

26. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Well, I replied at the end before I read yours.

27. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

same here - female, get to sign up for medicare soon, went to college but have been retired for years, salt and pepper hair, normal eyes and yes 5 is just plain silly

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

1. You are male. Yes
    2. You are still a teenager, but won't be one for very much longer. I feel like one, does that count?
    3. You're in college and are already worried about finding the perfect job that will be both fulfilling and will pay well. Your future worries you more than you'd like to admit.No longer in college, full time job for almost 10 years, but I'm still worried about finding the perfect job and not that long ago I started a retirement thread here. So, not too far off
    4. You have beautiful, silky brown hair and big eyes. I'm balding and Asian people don't have big eyes unless you get eyelid surgery
    5. You know that if you'd only believe in yourself more, things would be much easier for you. Yet you still doubt your instincts more than you should, instead of trusting them every time.Yeah

Not too bad.

29. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

It determined I was single even though I answered a question saying I was in a relationship...

Oh hey, these are the exact deductions the site gave me. Maybe we're the same person! :rofl:

30. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I got this same description and I have a feeling I would not be taien for a ballerina...or Audrey Tautou... any more....