2 years ago today, can you believe it?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cupid, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

It's been two years ago today that Michael Jackson passed away. It seems so long ago, but so recent. My heart is still heavy from his untimely passing.

I remember exactly what I was doing and where when I first heard the news. Unbelievable. I remember feeling "left behind" or "abandoned" after his passing. Maybe because we were from the same time era, I don't know, but it's a scary feeling.

2. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I am watching 'This Is It' and not for the first time. Everytime I watch it I am amazed at his genius, having studied music. But it doesn't take that to recognize it.

If I think about him and his life (not the music) too long I get really sad because it's so tragic. He's proof of what the power of the press and the public can do to you: it takes you to the highest highs and lowest lows. All I can do is pray he's found peace.

And yes, I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard and how long it took to sink in.

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

It's hard to believe it's been 2 years already. Yes, I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news. I was on my computer at work and I overheard someone say in the hallway-" Michael Jackson is dead". I knew he had been taken to the hospital, so I checked the local news on the internet immediately and there it was. I got home as early as I could and turned on the TV. I was glued to it rest of the evening.

I have a collection of MJ's CDs and some DVDs including 'This is it'.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  4. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

5. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Jermaine is a fame-whore, and frankly not a likeable person. After watching pieces of the Jacksons reality show I have a completely new disrespect for him. He's very self-important. Remember, this is the guy that had an affair and two children with his brother's (Randy) wife. He was notably the only brother not participating in the series. I was totally done when I saw Jermaine's current wife putting his shoes on for him. And the fact that he all but said it's his responsibility to fill Michael's shoes. Impossible! On the shoe his brothers and he bumped heads over his delusions and desire to be THE STAR quite regularly.

6. mkats

mkats New Member

I was working in rural Peru when I heard this news... I thought it was really quite incredible that in that area where there were about 5 TVs in town and not everyone had electricity or running water, everyone knew who he was.

7. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I thought it was only one year ...

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Farrah Fawcett's passing was a bigger deal to me than that of MJ. I never felt connected to him as a person.

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I also never ever connected to MJ. I don't know why but his music was never important to me although there are tons of MJ songs that I know most of the words to and dance to at weddings, parties, etc. I've always known who he was but never followed him as an artist. I mostly knew of him as a very odd and eccentric person and I always felt pity for him.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.