#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

clarie

Here's hoping she stays injury free from now on. She certainly has had more than her share of drawbacks from this. I just want to see this vibrant joyful skater do well and stay healthy.

hohoho

Congrats to Kaetlyn for getting back on the ice today (FB, Twitter, Instagram). Slow and steady.

After watching the ladies at Autumn Skate Senior B and Skate Canada International, I certainly hope that Kaetlyn is able to return to her previous form quickly.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Cross-posting from GSD:

Video report published today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ecovery-after-figure-skating-injury-1.2842085
She was back in the gym within two weeks of her September 11 fall, and strapped on her figure skates for the first time in early November, sticking to private rinks while she regained her feet and her confidence.
Earlier this week, Osmond hit the ice at Edmonton's Terwillegar Recreation Centre, where she spoke to CBC's Marion Warnica about her terrible tumble and months-long recovery.

shutterbug

Thanks for sharing that Clarie! Good to hear she's aiming to be far enough along in her recovery to go to Canadians in January. It's always helpful to have a specfic goal in mind during the recovery process. She's recently posted videos of herself doing a 3flip & a 2A, so it looks like she just might make it. :) And I love her new dresses. I'm guessing the black one is for her new FP.

clarie

I love her in black again...she is such a striking young women with her "Irish blond coloring" (black hair/fair skin).

clarie

Not too sure about the LP, but will have to see it at Nats.....I will be there. It's really a step away from what she's done in the past, and I'm not to sure about the music for a skating program, but if anyone can sell it, she can. I hope I'm right.

rvi5

Both were about 2 minutes 50 seconds long. Too short to be a long program as performed, but perfect length for a short program. Wasn't her long program choreographed by Camerlengo?

hohoho

Both were about 2 minutes 50 seconds long. Too short to be a long program as performed, but perfect length for a short program. Wasn't her long program choreographed by Camerlengo?
I thas been mentioned that Lance Vipond choreographed her SP and Pasquale Camerlengo choreographed her LP.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Posted on August 22 in this thread (2nd video link in post #190 above is her SP music):
Kaetlyn Osmond has announced her music choices for this year. Interesting choice for the SP:

SP "La Vie En Rose" by Cyndi Lauper. Choreography by Lance Vipond
FS "Danzarin", "Oblivion", "Tanguera". Choreography by Pasquale Camerlengo

shutterbug

Kaetlyn's announcement on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/xe1qX6y1jQ/
Thank you everyone for your support this year and helping me recover from my last injury. It is sad to say that I will not be ready to compete the remainder of this season. It was a hard decision but for the best. I need this time to heal and prepare for what is in the future. I promise to be back full strength and better the ever. I'll be ready to come back next year and fight through an entire season injury free. Thank you all again. It truly means A lot all your support. It is helping me through this difficult time.

Aww, poor kid. :( For a while it almost looked like she was going to make it, but sadly it was not meant to be in the end. I suspect she's going to be very ready to go when next season starts.

Debrah

This was a wise, but tough and very sad decision, She will be missed, but at least she will have a chance to completely recover for next season if she decides she wants to get her title back,,,.

shutterbug

Interview with Ravi: Osmond forced to shelve season
“We’ll try to do some early competitions next year. She is excited about doing some summer competitions like she used to do years ago. It’s been hard for her to get to those the last couple of years because her season ended so late with the worlds and stuff like that. She’ll have more time to prepare for next season and can start a little earlier than usual.

Good plan. :) We'll have to keep an eye out for her name on the summer comps entries lists. I can see her doing Skate Detroit for sure.

coppertop1

She's making the right decision, hard as it is and we'll miss her. With Daleman and Chartrand presumably being the top two, we'll still have two berths at Worlds.

puglover

I assume by not placing in the top 5 at Nationals she forfeits funding for the coming year. Is that correct?

Rock2

What I want to know is if the plates and pins come out. Langlois took them out before Olympic year and I think Weaver did, too. She will risk ongoing issues with discomfort and inflammation with them in, I think, if she doesn't remove the hardware. Just means another 4-6 weeks off the ice but that's no big in the grand scheme of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information