#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

mag

OMG, La Vie En Rose, seriously? I love Kaetlyn's skating but this is so overused. Go to any local comp and you will hear it over and over.

honey

The Cyndi Lauper cover is at least somewhat of a "different" La vie en rose. It's in English for one thing. I like the LP choices musically, and hope Camerlengo's choreo is :kickass:

algonquin

The Cyndi Lauper cover is at least somewhat of a "different" La vie en rose. It's in English for one thing. I like the LP choices musically, and hope Camerlengo's choreo is :kickass:
Lauper's cover is on iTunes. I just previewed it - lovely version. Kaetlyn was wise to choose a female singer's version. (Louis Armstrong recored my favourite English version.).

lauravvv

Kaetlyn Osmond has announced her music choices for this year. Interesting choice for the SP:

SP "La Vie En Rose" by Cyndi Lauper. Choreography by Lance Vipond
FS "Danzarin", "Oblivion", "Tanguera". Choreography by Pasquale Camerlengo

http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/t...gle&strbiocategory=Senior Women&strlanguage=E
Thank you, hohoho.

Lauper's cover is on iTunes. I just previewed it - lovely version.
And on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wud9a8bt_4 (if you can view/hear it)

shutterbug

Lauper's version is actually quite distinctive. Cut properly, I think it could be a great vehicle for Kaetlyn.

Links to her FP music:

Danzarin - http://poiskm.com/song/7153686-Orquesta-del-Tango-de-la-Ciudad-de-Buenos-Aires-Danzarin

Oblivion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxwCtlXoEA

Tanguera - www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGmnucbC114

Very much looking forward to seeing how all of these come together. No doubt, she will totally rock the tango portions. I hope the world is ready for it! :lol:

shine

Awesome! These are some serious tango pieces for Kaetlyn which require a lot of maturity. I can't wait to see what she and Camerlengo have in store for us this season.

Emdee

Beautiful Music. Even the Cindi Lauper one grows on me.
I would love to see Patrick skate Oblivion as well.

OliviaPug

Oh no!!!! Kaetlyn has been plagued with injuries. What an awful bummer. I know nothing about this type of injury, recovery, recovery time, etc., but I certainly wish Kaetlyn the best and send my hopes and wishes for a very speedy and complete recovery.

O-

geoskate

Go to any local comp and you will hear it over and over.

Is it overused at the senior level though? I cannot recall any senior skater using it, other than Sale/Pelletier in a wonderful exhibition program years ago.

Perhaps other senior skaters have used it, but they just weren't very memorable. In any case, it certainly hasn't been used as much as Carmen, or Phantom of the Opera, or The Feeling Begins.

Clef

@geoskate: yes, it has been used many many times, even if I am not sure about Lauper's version. I can't remember who used it last season, but I'm sure it was used at least in a couple of programs. I also remember Brezina skated La vie en rose around 2010-2011.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Skate Canada's press release today confirms that she fractured the fibula in her right leg: http://www.skatecanada.ca/2014/09/injury-will-keep-skater-kaetlyn-osmond-out-of-fall-competitions/
She will not be able to put any weight on the right leg for six weeks, keeping her off the ice for the duration of that time. She will withdraw from the three events she had planned to compete in this fall: Autumn Classic International in Barrie, Ont.; Skate Canada International in Kelowna, B.C.; and Trophée Éric Bompard in Bordeaux, France.

In good spirits, Osmond wanted to thank all her fans and friends for the good wishes. “... I certainly hope to be competing in Kingston at the Canadian Tire National Skating Championships in January.”
Best wishes to Kaetlyn for a speedy & full recovery.

rvi5

I count 7 screws holding her Fibula together re: the x-ray posted on her FB website. :wideeyes:

When Kaitlyn Weaver was injured, they had to pad her skating boot to relieve pressure against the screws. It must have been like skating with a pebble in the boot.

According to Kaetlyn's comments, the healing seems to be going well.

Last edited:

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I saw the FB pic. Gal had her trademark cheerful smile even as she posed with her leg in a cast! Adorable, and I wish her a full recovery.

clarie

A thousand prayers that she makes a full recovery. She's such a breath of fresh air in the skating world. Can you imagine what she could have done without all these injuries? Such a talent.

Jammers

I think Kaetlyn needs to realistic and maybe take the season off. There is no need to defend her Canadian title she will still be number 1 heading into next year but she needs to get healed completely. She gains nothing by hurrying back and getting injured yet again. I understand why she did it last year since it was an Olympic year and that is a once in a lifetime event but there's no need to rush things this season.

shutterbug

I think Kaetlyn needs to realistic and maybe take the season off. There is no need to defend her Canadian title she will still be number 1 heading into next year but she needs to get healed completely. She gains nothing by hurrying back and getting injured yet again. I understand why she did it last year since it was an Olympic year and that is a once in a lifetime event but there's no need to rush things this season.

Her sponsors may care if she falls off the radar for an entire season.....:shuffle: She's very healthy, and still young enough to have some of the remarkable healing abilities of a child, so I wouldn't be so quick to write her off for the whole year. Doubtful that her medical team will give her the go ahead to get back on the ice if she's really not ready. So far it sounds like her recovery is going well.

leapfrogonice

Her sponsors are hopefully more long-term thinking and "get it" enough that all athletes go through peaks and troughs, that injuries are an unavoidable part of the journey, and that they hopefully recognized the identification with both the athlete and the person. Here's to hoping her sponsors are by her side through thick and thin, and can find reason to celebrate the grit and effort of a both a talented athlete and delightful young woman, through thick and thin.

clarie

Also, her injury (as serious as it is) is merely the result of an unfortunate accident and not stress related or over-training related which is encouraging to the sponsors. It could have happened to anyone. She was the unlucky one. I'm betting she is healing quickly and nicely and will be back on the ice when she and her doctors say she will. She missed a lot of training time but here's hoping she can make up enough to get herself in readiness for Nats......I'm going, so she better be there lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information