#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Kaetlyn at worlds.
    Hoping for a top eight finish and two great programs.

geoskate, spikydurian, MR-FAN and 3 others like this.
  2. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'll second that! Best wishes for a great skate at Worlds, Kaetlynn! :cheer2:

MR-FAN and (deleted member) like this.
  3. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

Good luck Kaetlyn! She must be feeling good about her preparation if she's willing to go for the triple flip triple toe! I can't wait to see how she does.

MR-FAN and (deleted member) like this.
  4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I think TheIronLady is saying she has a big bubble butt which is slowing her down. Which is ridiculous.

And if Kaetlyn didn't have tight form in the air, she wouldn't be landing triples at all, ever.

5. Zazy

Zazy Member

Kaetlyn looks much smaller in person than she does on TV. I was at nationals this year and the difference was huge, she's incredibly fit and could not safely lose 10 lbs. I'm not sure why TV is so harsh on her, it might have something to do with her body type.

6. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

How is TV "harsh" on Kaetlyn? I think she looks just beautiful on camera, her body strong & athletic. IMO the posters who brought up the "weight" topic have a hidden agenda -- they're pretending to be KO supporters but they're really here to criticize & bully.

danafan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Thanks Emdee for staring the thread. Timely post Sochi. Hoping a great quad for Kaetlyn, Canada's sweetheart!

8. Zazy

Zazy Member

Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.

9. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Me too!
    That girl is drop dead gorgeous. Her eyes twinkle with fun!

10. quartz

quartz I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me

Can't wait for worlds to start....if Kaetlyn can make top 8, that will be a huge boost and set her up nicely for next season. Hopefully, an injury free season.
    There is just something special about this skater; even with all the amazing Russian and American girls, I still find Kaetlyn by far the most interesting and engaging.
    Not sure if she will ever make the world podium, as she's up against so many strong skaters, but I am sure going to enjoy watching her try!

11. shine

shine Well-Known Member

A lot of triples are landed, with better or worse technique. I'm not saying Kaetlyn has bad technique. But another poster did point out that her bigger bone structure around the shoulders could be contributing to her larger / slower rotations, which is just physics.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  12. overedge

"Bigger bone structure"? Bigger than what, a grasshopper? This is getting more and more absurd. Kaetlyn does not have abnormally sized shoulders, even for a skater. And even if she did it wouldn't make as much difference to her skating as some of you seem to think.

13. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

I hope she pulls off personal bests in both the short and long regardless of where she places! Good luck, Kaetlyn! :cheer:

14. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

I'm just excited to see her short program with extra technical content. She really sells that program and I was a huge fan of it at Skate Canada and then the Olympics further blew that away. She is ultra sexual in the middle part for lack of a better term :cool:

I also hope the extra post-Olympic training has helped with FS stamina. That's a beautiful sets-a-mood program when relatively clean.

15. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Sultry? Sensual?

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  16. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

OOPS yeah those are much better words :slinkaway

Apparently I need a vocab. lesson

17. shine

shine Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what point you are trying to get to by being so confrontational, that her jumps are absolutely perfect? Look, I'm a big fan of hers and I'm obviously not trying to nitpick, but I do think there are improvements she can make with regard to the jumps, which to me appear wild and out of control at times, despite the nice air and ice coverage they get. I was just looking for a way to explain why that is, be it physical condition or technique.

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Are her skirts always that short? Personally, I think she's kind of foxy, but I'm wondering what Skate Canada thinks of her.

19. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

They don't seem to have any issues...

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Her style of skating is full of personality so I dont think she could do the demure rose very well. However I think she would be good at character programs, comic programs and the sultry that she does so well. I think as she grows as a skater her repertoir will expand. I know the bond girl has been done but she could really do well at a program like that. I could really see her doing W&P's Maria de Buenos Aires once vocals are allowed or even Concerto de Aranjuez which could be hauntingly beautiful. Just my 5 cents

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

There's just something different about her. I can't see her skating to weak, soft music. She's so dynamic on the ice so I like her skating to strong music. I can't wait to see her upgraded short program too. She'll probably upgrade her long program (whatever it will be) for next year, providing she stays healthy.

22. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Well, you and I agree. But maybe as she matures she will be able to do the truly haunting bittersweet music well too.

23. overedge

Nobody's jumps are absolutely perfect. And although hers are great, her coach is the one best suited to find out what could be improved and how to go about it - not message board posters who don't see her train every day.

24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Just popping in to wish KO two great skates.

25. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Good. It gives me the giggles that she and Jennifer Robinson have both represented Canada, and they are as different as night and day.

26. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

27. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Exactly my wishes too.

Right now placement is irrelevant for me; selfishly I want two perfectly-skated programs so that they can be added to my personal collection of great programs.

28. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

She sounds confident. :) Good for her.

ITA. It's been a difficult year for her. No better way to finish of the season than with two well-skated programs, and then wherever she places, she places. I just want to enjoy watching her skate.

29. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Totally disagree with this, especially about Tessa.

30. WanderlustTO

WanderlustTO Member

I know what you mean, though. It's not uncommon with Canadian ladies skaters, who tend to have more athletic builds than skinny, waify ones. Even though in person they're very small, on tv they look a bit more "solid". Karen Preston was like that, too...although I think she was shorter than Kaetlyn.