19th Duggar Baby Finally Home

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ilovepaydays, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Yahoo! TV article

Great for them. I saw an episode where Josie went to their Little Rock apartment and then had to return to Arkansas Children's two days later.

I can't imagine how frightening it is to have any premature baby - especially that early. BTW, I was born at 32 weeks and I am also a graduate of Arkansas Children's NICU (Class of 1980 BABY!! :) ).

Though she still only weigh 9 lbs at six months old - but my mom has told me that with premie babies - and with me - it takes a year for them to "catch up" to the growth of what a normal term baby would do.

I also can't believe that the Duggars went through 12 kids having the chicken pox. :eek:

2. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Good for baby Josie! I wonder if there will be a #20 down the road for the Duggars...

3. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Well-Known Member

It's certainly great to hear the baby is healthy and doig well.

However, I still question the judgement of having so many kids. Seems unfair to the kids

4. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Preemies aren't often caught up until two years old. I was a micropreemie (1lb 7oz at 26 weeks) and in the NICU for 8 months, and in and out of the hospital constantly until I was two. Not surprising Josie was back in.

5. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You Betcha!

6. ilovepaydays

I am no medical expert, but I would think that after having 2 babies with a C-sections in that short time period, they should at least take some time to recover before having another. Isn't it dangerous for a woman to have a baby so quickly after a c-section?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duggar_family
    18 Jordyn-Grace Makiya December 18, 2008(2008-12-18) Birth via C-section
    19 Josie Brooklyn December 10, 2009(2009-12-10) Birth via emergency C-section, featured in a TLC special

Plus, they should wait and see how well Josie ends up doing before having another child.

7. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

But they let God decide such things.

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  8. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Before I became vBookie moderator, I was already a premium member so I didn't have to see ads at the top of each page. Now, as moderator of the vBookie forum, I see ads everywhere on FSU. And - lo and behold - what popped up on this page?

A banner of the Duggars, with family portrait (quite a lot of them):
    ;)

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Prancer

Those ads are really amusing sometimes :lol:. I don't see most of them any more, but every now and then, one will kind of stand out.

10. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Didn't she recently say she wanted more children even after all that happened with her last child? You'd think she'd want to devote her time to her child that is having some health problems right now instead of worrying about another baby.

I believe people should be able to have any many kids as they want, it's a human right, but I still think she's crazy. They seem like a nice family though.

11. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

That is the company line - so to speak. However, I think they might be taking some precautions. I doubt Michelle would go on birth control, as she believes that being on the pill caused a miscarriage in her early mother years.

Michelle has been said to be staying home with Josie (and maybe one of the older girls) while the majority of the family is traveling. Yes, it could be because Josie's immune system is compromised and being around that many children would be risky. But you have to note that with Jim Bob on the bus with the kids and Michelle at home, they can't do anything to make another baby.

I think a 20th baby will be in their future (they can't help themselves). But I think it might be a little while before that happens. They are a bit odd and strange, but they aren't stupid about PR and media. They have to know if they got pregnant at this point, the public reaction would hardly be the same as it has been.

12. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

Like "Chubby Gays". :lol:

13. IceKween

IceKween New Member

I don't think that will stop them from having the next baby in the next 12 months. I really think the mother is mentally off. Look for an announcement soon. These kids are taking care of one another while mom goes from one pregnancy to the next all for publicity or her own mental issues. Maybe she likes the attention, either from the media or her husband or what.

I can't believe her uterus, bladder and other organs haven't prolapsed yet.

14. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Well, there are things they could do to make one, but I'm sure those things would also be against their religion.

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Josie will need monitoring for some time to watch for possible complications, as she develops. That may delay any thoughts of another child.

16. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Aren't they well into their forties? And they're still fertile? Michelle still has viable eggs? Jim-Bob isn't shooting blanks yet? :confused:

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:lol: Let me guess, you're in your 20's?

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: "shooting blanks"

19. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Don't listen to everything the media tells you about fertility.

My cousin listened and decided to not worry so much about birth control once she turned 30. But that's okay. We love her sweet baby girl. :lol:

20. Cheylana

I wish! 35.

21. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Media or no media, there is such a thing as a biological clock. Of course it's different for everyone, but there will be a day, sooner or later, when the Duggars can't have any more babies.

22. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Sorry, your post (IMO) didn't reflect that. hell, you're almost over the hill. ;)

And you think that's when they're in their 40's?

23. Cheylana

Ok, I do realize that you can still have a baby well into your forties, but usually you have to try for a while when you get older; they just make it look so darn easy the way they get pregnant at the drop of a hat (or the drop of something).... I would have thought that well would be starting to dry up now. :shuffle:

24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That's when it happens for a lot of women.

25. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I have to ask - Wouldn't sex after 19 kids be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?

26. Prancer

Someone feels impelled to ask that in every Duggar thread.

I have no scientific basis for this, but I wonder if pregnancies stimulate fertility in some way.

Again, no actual evidence, just I know of women who have gotten pregnant when they are perimenopausal and it has set them back years, to so to speak. And I know some women who really struggled to get pregnant for the first time at a relatively advanced age, then had second children right away.

27. ilovepaydays

Well, (and I believe in an episode Jim Bob gave a book of his to Joshua on his wedding day for "instruction" for his wedding night) their guide for Christian sexual behavior is Dr. Ed Wheat. I checked out one of his books ("Intended for Pleasure") at the library and well, there are secular books out there that I think are healthier for marriages.

I never went to a church this fundamentalist, but this kind of stuff is why I started to a more mainline church.

28. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

Some woman in India had a baby at 70...

29. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Thank God they have all those daughters to continue the tradition :p.

I'm surprised non of the girls are married or even engaged yet. Aren't the older girls in their early 20s now?

30. Prancer