1989, 1990, 1991 and 1995 WC Results?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by jlfaust, Mar 13, 2014.

1. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Does anyone have the complete results for 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1995 world championships or know where I can find them? Thanks

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Do you mean complete results with all the marks, or the complete list of finishers in order? Because Wikipedia has the latter for pretty much every year.

3. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Wikipedia has incomplete results

4. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

You need to clarify what information you want. Judges scores for each skater? Country? Names of judges? etc., etc.

5. slipchuk

slipchuk Member

Ito won ladies title in 1989, and I think Gordeeva and Grinkov, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Browning were other winners
    Yamaguchi, Miskutienok and Dmitriev, Usova and Zhulin, Browning won 1991 titles
    Browning, Trenary, Gordeeva & Grinkov, Klimova and Ponomarenko won 1990 titles
    1995 titles were for Chen, Stojko, Gritschuk & Platov, Kovarikova and Novotny

6. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

The complete placements in each discipline (compulsory figures, short program, and long program) for men's, ladies, pairs, and dance (each dance phase).

7. slipchuk

slipchuk Member

8. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

From 1991 www.iceskate.net has results. I have not looked up the other years but shouldn't take you long and slipchuk has given you a terrific source.

9. slipchuk

slipchuk Member

10. slipchuk

slipchuk Member

11. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Does not give results. Bad link. Wikipedia has incomplete results

12. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

13. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

14. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Skatabase does not give complete detailed results.

15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

16. floskate

floskate Vacant

jlfaust if you can wait until the weekend I can email you 89 - 91 from the same source I sent you 1988 Worlds. Don't have 95 but I suspect magazines of the time will have them. Pollyanna can you help with 95?

Sylvia ITA about skatabase. It used to be a great resource but even the search function now is too confusing for me!

17. Nours

Nours Active Member

I have them, the ISU published them until 1991 and I may managed to have all the final standings recorded for 1995. Will come back to put them ASAP.
    edit : did not realize floskate beat me even if I quote his post...

18. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Thanks

19. Nours

Nours Active Member

I just finished the 1995 world dance, had to do some maths for the CDs placements which in fact I don't have, there might be some errors at the bottom but should be more or less right. The numbers matches at least. Also I can't say which CD is CD1 and which is CD2.

But I have a problem : I don't now how to edit the informations, I tried to copy past my excel file but it doesn't fit at all.

20. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Where are you trying to post? I don't think Wikipedia accepts Excel files, but I could be wrong.

21. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Yes, that site was earlier perfect with the historical results, which could be found so easily and quickly. I´m not able to find there anything now...

22. Nours

Nours Active Member

No here I meant. I don't know how to edit a table here actually. I'm not a poster on wikipedia.
    I can send the excel file is somebody if willing to do it.

23. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

floskate I sent you a PM

24. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Oh ok. I sent you a PM

25. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

I filled in some of 1989, 1990 and all of 1991 and will complete the rest when I get a chance.

I can't find 1995, it might be in my attic, but I moved recently and can't find a lot of stuff. Will keep looking.

ETA: Lunchtime at work, so I just finished 1989. 1989 and 1991 should both be complete.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  26. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I should have results from 1995 in a magazine at home. If no one else has them, I'll type them up when I can.

pollyanna and (deleted member) like this.
  27. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Great. That would be perfect gkelly.

28. jlfaust

jlfaust New Member

Anyone have the complete 1990 Worlds results?

29. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

ITA. Skatabase used to be such a useful resource and I can never find anything there anymore.

Firstly, the person who decided not to keep the historical results lists by events is a clueless, lazy idiot. Having the listings in easy reach is a whole other solution than trying to generate lists year by year using the search feature. I can see them deciding not to add newer events, as this information is now maintained by the ISU (if you saved the links as the years went by) but it costs nothing to keep the old ones up.

Generating listings for each event would be an unsatisfactory solution even if the search feature actually worked. For starters, it does not display correctly in my browser (you have to guess where the fill boxes are) and even if I find the hidden spot, it only ever gives me ice dancing results.

I also seems not to have as complete results as it did years ago, only final placements for many events.

It is really a shame, because this used to be a handy resource.

30. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

Demand, reject, demand, reject, demand, demand, demand.