‘Runaway bride’ says she’s found love at last

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ilovepaydays, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Remember Jennifer Wilbanks?

‘Runaway bride’ says she’s found love at last

I am hoping this isn't another train wreck coming, but.....

Something tells me that her ex-fiance is grateful for her "stunt". He has since married himself.
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she still has the crazy eyes
  3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

To be fair, that photo is from 2005...but still. :scream:
  4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Wow, you would have to buy a *lot* of clothes to rack up around that level of debt at Old Navy....
  5. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Lord have mercy-I lived this story. My husband and I had a condo not a mile from this crazy broad's housie with her then-fiancee. When this all occurred, I was in weekly meetings for an arts festival held on the Town Green of Duluth, GA......and the then mayor, a fabulous gal named Shirley Lassiter, was also one of our chairpeople. Every dang meeting, Shirley would be late because there'd have been a daily interview with one of the major networks. Those huge satellite dishes and satellite dish trucks were permanent fixtures outside city hall.

We all knew people-who-knew this girl, and she was trashy and suspect from the word go. I recall some talk of shoplifting in a Gainesville, GA Walmart or K-Mart.......but my memory might not be perfect there. Her then fiancee was the heir to a local family whose menfolk were all doctors-or mostly. Big fish in a small pond. We all figured this girl saw dollar signs. I don't think the young man was any rocket scientist either.

But-we all got a huge laugh out of it and some met some really nice national newspeople.
  6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

That was my first thought! :rofl:

Wonder where she's stashing all of the clothing. :p
  7. Prancer

Prancer Ray Chill Staff Member

8. my little pony

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

If I were a straight guy (and her type whatever that is), I'd tell this woman I was gay if she even expressed the slightest interest in me. She sounds absolutely batshit-I'll-set-your-car-on-fire-kinda crazy.

She should have her own island.
  10. my little pony

if you were a straight guy and she expressed even the slightest interest in you, your private parts would shrivel up and crawl inside as some part of defense mechanism
    Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: Like an armadillo!
  12. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

13. genevieve

To be honest I can barely see her crazy eyes tanks to the blinding orange of her skin....perhaps she's learned some diversionary tactics :p
    Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

You can, but they say that it makes you insane.... :shuffle:.
    LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Definite bunny-boiler, if you ask me :scream: .

When she pulled that stunt, it was all the Atlanta news could focus on for days. Did she ever have to pay the city/county back for the cost of searching for her?

Also, I'm with everyone who's bumfuzzled at how anyone could rack up that much debt at Old Navy :confused: . That's an awful lot of hoodies and capri pants :rofl: .

Think she could pose as one of those damned model-quins they had in their ad campaign? Of course, that might drive business away :shuffle:
  16. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

The original husband-to-be must be thanking his lucky stars that she ran away. He really dodged a bullet.
  17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: Love the crazy eyes!!!
  18. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Those bug eyes would probably make the manequin top heavy and it would tip over.
  19. genevieve

Did anyone else ever squeeze their Barbie Doll's head slightly? The effect was not unlike Ms Wilbanks and her Crazy Eyes (tm)
  20. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

The runaway bride thing, along with the debt, makes me wonder if she has a serious problem with impulse control. Originally I didn't think the runaway bride incident was an impulse decision (nor did I think it wasn't--no clear evidence either way), but combined with this, she definitely has a mental disorder.
  21. Prancer

Prancer Ray Chill Staff Member

PML! I thought the same thing.
    genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

The article said that she had to pay $2200 back to the city in restitution. The city said they spent $60K on the "manhunt". She got off lucky.
  23. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I know she ended up doing quite a bit of community service/labor for a while after the incident. I was living close to her at the time and it used to be a joke around town to see where they had her that day. She was mowing city facility lawns, planting trees, etc. It stinks that she only had to pay that small amount, but they didn't let her off easy on the community service. It wasn't one of those go play cards with the old people at the nursing home kind of deals.
  24. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Good. I guess the work that she put in made up for the costs incurred by the police searching for her.
  25. genevieve

Somehow I doubt that she did $58K worth of community service, but at least it's something.
  26. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I doubt she did either, but I will say it was nice to see them actually making her work.