Unpopular Opinions

flyingsit

Most red wine tastes horrible. Especially the "big bold" ones that so many people drink -- to me they taste like drinking dirt.

Susan1

Most red wine tastes horrible. Especially the "big bold" ones that so many people drink -- to me they taste like drinking dirt.

Couldn't drink red wine cause it gave me a headache. White wine tastes like vinegar. There used to be a rose' (cheap) that started with a C (Caneii or something?) that I kind of liked. I really have no occasion or need to drink wine anymore anyway.

mrr50

If someone uses food stamps, it is none of my business. If someone has an abortion, it is none of my business. As long as someone is not committing a crime, it is none of my business.(I am not including breaking recent strange laws in the south as crimes).

screech

Usually when I drink wine it's because I cooked with it. Or because of the flavour that pairs well with steak or certain chicken dishes. I prefer red wine to white, but it stains my lips and teeth something fierce.

leesaleesa

I don't like tv. When I did watch it, I found the Big Bang Theory to be insufferable.

The current obsession with make up and the 2,345,000 million products you MUST have. If you do drag, strip, theater yes, but why does a girl under 25 need all this crap? I watched Dr Sandra Lee extracting milia from a young girl, and she explained it is often caused by the overuse of makeup products. So by using this junk to make your skin look better, you actually may be making it worse.

Shaving. I got a lot of hair. How can I keep up with the arms, legs, and face let alone other locales? Sometimes I just go out with my sideburns and mustache like I'm in the civil war and suches.

skatemommy

I hate Costco, hate standing in line and then being treated like a criminal leaving the store. What are they looking for on your receipt?

screech

And yet...
I meant that to me, wine isn't a leisure drink, or a drink for getting drunk. It's a drink I occasionally pair with food where it compliments the flavour. I don't sit on my couch and drink it when watching TV. I don't drink it at bars, and I don't drink it at house parties.

antmanb

I meant that to me, wine isn't a leisure drink, or a drink for getting drunk. It's a drink I occasionally pair with food where it compliments the flavour. I don't sit on my couch and drink it when watching TV. I don't drink it at bars, and I don't drink it at house parties.

And this is somehow an unpopular opinion :confused: Or it's difficult to "get" that some people do drink wine for a variety of reasons including pairing it with food?

I think I'm just not understanding the point of this thread so should probably just step away :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Well, I thought it was to express an opinion of something that the rest of the world may not agree with.
Especially if you will get sh1t for it if you do express it in a thread on that topic.

Some things people just disagree and there is no cultural consensus-- like what the best book is -- so it's hard to have an "unpopular" opinion on that. But people who don't like chocolate often get a lot of grief over that. (I imagine it's the same thing with Adele. :D) So that might qualify.

Of course, as soon as someone says they hate chocolate, someone else will post that they hate liver and that's when I go :huh:

VGThuy

Speaking of liver, my mom and I got into a small huff once about pate spread on a banh mi. I was on the side that thinks a banh mi with cold cuts and cilantro, pickled carrots, and pickled daikon with creamy butter spread needed pate.

vesperholly

Thank you, how did that make a gazillion dollars will never cease to amaze me. I mean compared to other great Disneys, this one has nothing special. And that song .....
I hate that song - and it's not even the lyrics or melody that's so bad, it's Idina Menzel's version of it. Flat, super nasal and off-key.

She's not a bad singer either, I looked up some of her performances in Wicked and they weren't so bad. I wonder if her voice has changed over the years.

DAngel

But people who don't like chocolate often get a lot of grief over that. (I imagine it's the same thing with Adele. :D) So that might qualify.
Yep. I've received comments that range from "you just haven't tried the good ones yet", all the way to "you suck" or "you have no taste". Nobody in my family luuuuurve chocolate, so we always have lots of chocolate just lying around because it seems to be the choice of gifts when acquaintances come over or something.
Of course, as soon as someone says they hate chocolate, someone else will post that they hate liver and that's when I go :huh:
I like liver.. They are yumm :lol:

Other very unpopular opinions:
I hate coffee.
I hate alcohol. I have never tasted one that taste good.
I dislike cats, almost hate them.
:shuffle:

I have received similar comments to the chocolate ones for these. Nowadays I just tell people I'm allergic to both alcohol and cats (which happens to be true, but really have nothing to do with my dislike).

screech

Yep. I've received comments that range from "you just haven't tried the good ones yet", all the way to "you suck" or "you have no taste". Nobody in my family luuuuurve chocolate, so we always have lots of chocolate just lying around because it seems to be the choice of gifts when acquaintances come over or something.
I have a friend who hated having to defend his dislike of chocolate so much that he eventually just started telling people he was allergic. Of course, that kind of backfired a few years later when we became friends with someone who actually IS allergic to chocolate (and garlic!!!)

DAngel

My cat lurves people who don't like cats. :cat:
Why is that? Some cats follow me around and seem to have taken a liking to me. I'm always shushing them away when their owner is not looking at me :shuffle: I way prefer cats who seem to hate me :lol:

I have a friend who hated having to defend his dislike of chocolate so much that he eventually just started telling people he was allergic. Of course, that kind of backfired a few years later when we became friends with someone who actually IS allergic to chocolate (and garlic!!!)
Sucks for him :rofl:

I usually try to steer away from having to tell people about my dislikes. They usually stare at me like I'm a miserable thing devoid of joy when I tell them I hate all 4 (chocolate, coffee, alcohol and cats) :rofl:

clairecloutier

I have lukewarm feelings towards dogs and whenever I go to someone's house where there are dogs, the dogs are always jumping all over me. I guess they think they will prove to me how awesome they are, when it really just kinda freaks me out. :/

I don't really like dogs much either. Im a bit scared of them, and they don't interest me. I've always been a cat person, not a dog person. But it seems like more people love dogs than cats. And a lot of dog owners are just SO into their dogs, it's crazy. I feel like it's more socially acceptable to be semi-obsessed with dogs than with cats.

JanetB

I don't get "great literature" and think having to read anything by Charles Dickens is a form of torture. I like books that don't have great meaning and are just there to entertain me. If I want to be depressed I will read the news.

I hate carrots and think they are evil.

I don't like cell phone.

I find social media to be kind of weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information