Recent content by Twizzler

1. T

Keeping Track of Criminal Cases & SafeSport Suspensions in Skating

It would’ve been one thing if they were both just sitting there beside Soerenson, but M-F took it a step further and was openly hugging him, touching him, smiling at him, etc. Definitely not a good look overall for IAM….
  2. T

RIP Todd Reynolds

Looked today and saw this posted: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/richard-reynolds-obituary?id=53386039
  3. T

Alexandra Paul killed in car wreck

Such tragic news. Prayers for the Paul and Islam families 😢 There is a go fund me that has been set up: https://www.gofundme.com/f/supporting-baby-charlie-loss-of-mother-alex-paul?member=29016469&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
  4. T

U.S. Pairs 2021-22 season - News & Updates, Part X

I briefly scrolled through and didn’t see anything posted regarding the fact that Jenni & Todd were not in the K&C for the final. Wondering if one (or both) also tested positive??
  5. T

Missing the Novice, Junvenile and Intermediate Events

But that’s only for singles. Pairs and dance do not advance at all.
  6. T

U.S. Ice Dance 2018-19 season news & updates

Personally, I would have liked to have seen the award go to Manta/Johnson. While they are not a “top tier” team, I thought their program was innovative, crowd pleasing, and skated impeccably!!!
  7. T

John Coughlin has died

John’s obituary: http://www.signaturefunerals.com/john-patrick-coughlin/
  8. T

American Figure Skater Crashes Headfirst Into The Ice, Referee Allows Her To Continue

Dating myself quite a bit, but perhaps you could include stories about Paul Binnebose (injured during practice) and Katie Wood (injured while skating in a Gala in Russia. Became deaf in one ear because head trauma from a fall out of a lift). That these cases happened decades ago and there is...
  9. T

American Figure Skater Crashes Headfirst Into The Ice, Referee Allows Her To Continue

I’m not missing anything. There’s always something more that can be done. Jump over the boards if the monitor won’t open the door, yell, get the monitor to Walkie-talkie the panel, yell some more, have medical run down to ref, yell to Tim to go to referee. To say that nothing could be done is...
  10. T

Yes!!!! So what would’ve happened? Fined by the ISU? Suspended from coaching at International events?? Who cares!!! That’s their daughter out there!!! Nothing is worth risking her health after a fall like that.
  11. T

Aren’t her parents their coaches? I can’t believe that they would let her continue- doesn’t matter if she’s an adult. She’s still their child and no skating performance is worth risking her health or potentially her life!!!! What were they thinking???
  12. T

Gracie Gold set to return

^^^This!! Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed. There seemed to be absolutely no connection between any of them. It was very bizarre and concerning for Gracie’s mental health. She needs a support system and in that moment, it seemed to be severely lacking :(
  13. T

Gracie Gold set to return

This is correct. There is an option to choose if you will compete if there are four or fewer skaters/teams. You are bound by your choice. If you choose yes and get injured, you still have to step on the ice and receive a score. If you don’t/can’t, the option to go to nationals is nullified. If...
  14. T

U.S. Ice Dance 2018-19 season news & updates

I have a feeling they will get a second. A 5th in the RD is quite impressive- especially for a first year team. It wasn’t like they skated clean in the FD and dropped. Looking at the protocol, they had strong elements throughout and unfortunately had one very costly mistake. USFS should’ve...
  15. T

Kate Spade found dead (apparent suicide)

Wow! So young. Very sad news http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/06/05/kate-spade-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide/amp/
Do Not Sell My Personal Information