Recent content by Stefanie

1. S

"Gold on Ice" April 19, 2024 in Leesburg, VA featuring 3 World champions & a silver medalist!

Have fun to all those going tonight! I can't wait to read your reviews later. :) If I didn't have to work early in the AM and then attend a baby shower, I'd be there (it's about a 1.5/2 hour drive).
  2. S

Anyone here into watching soaps?

My mom always watched Y&R and Bold and the Beautiful so that's what I am most familiar with. I hardly ever watch now, but as @Jenny mentioned, some of those story lines are just so ridiculous even for the soap world. Being an actor/actress in the soap world has to be the best gig--even when a...
  3. S

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Interestingly enough, I've been teleworking full time since March 2020, and we are scheduled to go back into the office twice/week starting the week of April 8th (this has been in the works for months). I am wondering if TPTB will reconsider now with what happened as it's a large government...
  4. S

Transparency comes to MLB: the 2024 baseball thread

Ugh, don't get me started on the ALDS last season. :( But, yes, great game! And an amazing sunset last night, too.
  5. S

Transparency comes to MLB: the 2024 baseball thread

The weather is gloomy and cold here in Bmore for Opening Day. :( Feels like a dark cloud over the whole area the past few days. Hoping the Os win to cheer things up even just a little.
  6. S

I want to know how the two people that were saved managed to survive at all--especially from the impact of being that high up and then hitting the water. IIRC, one declined treatment and one was treated and released from Shock Trauma within a day. Do you know, @Debbie S ?
  7. S

And trucks can't drive through the tunnels if they have propane, hazardous chemicals, etc. so that only leaves the rest of the beltway...Really is a mess.
  8. S

I've lived in Baltimore my whole life and I am in shock. I can't believe I will never see this bridge or drive over it again. Two bodies have been rescued from the water thus far. What a nightmare. It looks like something out of a war movie.
  9. S

Deanna Stellato-Dudek (FOREVER!) & Maxime Deschamps (HOT!) Cheer Thread

Last night was my "March Madness!" I am so happy for her!!! I can't believe she and I are the same age...never did I think when I first started watching skating as an eleven year old in 1994 I would be witnessing someone the same age as me winning the Worlds!!! We went from the "baby ballerinas"...
  10. S

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

I finished A Waiter in Paris by Edward Chisholm last week. Soo good! An expose on working in a restaurant in Paris circa 2008-2009ish. After reading it, I went to bed and couldn't remember a detail (wasn't sure if I missed it or it simply wasn't included in the book). I found the author's...
  11. S

2023-24 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule on NBC & Peacock

Sorry for the dumb question (or if it’s been asked/discussed before), but I am watching the NBC coverage of Grand Prix France, and I am assuming Tara and Johnny were commentating while watching a feed of it while in the US somewhere? I wouldn’t think Tara would want to travel away from the baby...
  12. S

Jutta Muller (coach of Kati Witt) has passed away aged 94

In German: https://www.n-tv.de/sport/Trainer-Legende-Jutta-Mueller-gestorben-Eiserne-Lady-des-Eiskunstlaufs-article24505452.html Trying to find an English source. RIP, Queen! :glamor:
  13. S

Happy Halloween -2023

Ran out of candy around 7:30pm. So many kids despite it being a chillier Halloween, but still better than last year because I know it rained off and on. One of my favorite costumes was a little girl dressed as a Starbucks cup. Very creative.
  14. S

2023-2024 Rhythm dance

I have this on VHS somewhere...oh the drama leading up to it and the fluff piece!! LOL
Do Not Sell My Personal Information