Recent content by russell30

1. russell30

Chartrand Announces Retirement

OMG!! I suppose it was coming but was hoping for a Olympic Comeback, thanks Alaine!!! I really enjoyed watching you perform, my highlight was 2014 Rostelecom Cup skating a short to Raul Di Blasio and winning that phase of the competition, but enjoyed your Tango D Amour SP from 2018 and your...
  2. russell30

Joanne Conway update article

That was nice to catch up with Joanne, I loved her style of skating, her 91 season was brilliant!!, she should have been behind bonaly and kielmann and took that bronze but Evelyn was the defending champ and 1st after short and her scores along with Patricia neske made jo to just miss out on...
  3. russell30

The 2020 World Championships Begin

The men’s result is in gold shoma uno, silver Kevin aymoz and bronze Daniel grassl, both Nathan chan and yuzuru Hanyu 1st And 2nd after short had to WD after the short program as they both had to self isolate according to the press.
  4. russell30

ISU Cancels 2020 World Figure Skating Championships

The Isu will meet in Congress to discuss the possibility of holding the world championships every two years, alternating with the Europeans and 4cc,s, that way the worlds will be earlier and the main contenders can attend the 4cc, a directive in the pipeline. Obviously a world championship...
  5. russell30

Skate Canada has updated teams for Worlds & Junior Worlds - still some TBD

I wouldn’t be surprised if gabby is considered for the tbd as well considering her pedigree, she scores well in the sp when she is on, i know her season has not been stellar but she has the experience...but yes if Emily gets her minimums then she will be sent considering she is the national champ...
  6. russell30

Does french figure skating have a culture of rape ? FFSG in the storm

This is terrible for the French Federation! However i thought that after the John Coughlin business there would be sadly more to come! I hope Laetitia Hubert was not affected by this in anyway or form..... Glad Surya Bonaly left Gailhaquet when she did!!! Luckily Vanessa Gusmeroli was not...
  7. russell30

2019 Japan Open, October 5 + Carnival on Ice gala

Best Program of the Ladies at the JO her PCS should have been 80, Lori Nicol did the Choreography for her FS!, Lovely program from Lori as always for Satoko
  8. russell30

Korean skating news & updates

I thought Sihyeong Li was fantastic at Riga, IMO should have won the event, I loved his SP this year!! great stuff! very graceful now...but I am worried he might get taller!!
  9. russell30

Korean skating news & updates

Alena Kanysheva is now only at the last JGP at croatia! was she injured? Sorry wrong thread.
  10. russell30

2019/20 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & Alternates thread

I am hoping Gracie Gold gets Skate America! Gracies recent run throughs looked good, jumps were back!
  11. russell30

Han Yan looked quite impressive recently...I think he might get the nod! If Zhang is healthy Yu/Zhang for the pairs Ziquan Zhao maybe for the Ladies? I heard she was back!!
  12. russell30

2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

Always associate this music with Tsurskaya and Miyahara, nice piece of music but maybe overused now!!! but should fit Viveca very well, the only European lady besides Loena that could challenge the Russians at Euro's
  13. russell30

RIP Brian Power

That's so sad to hear!! The "Hindu War God" was quite conventional and original back then, Kurt used it for his SP in 92 and was the favourite for the Men's title in Albertville! and was a good program that matched Kurt's style of skating. Condolences to his family and friends!
  14. russell30

hoping Alaine Chartand gets the SC (TBD) pick!! hoping that she starts at the Autumn Classic, if not maybe Pineault or Mallet might get the pick but hoping for Alaine....
  15. russell30

Aliona Savchenko Pregnant

There cars are given to them (Range Rover!) so it would come with a baby seat so its FREE!!, when Prince Philip had his car accident he was given a NEW Range Rover replacement, most of us have to go through insurance!!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information