Recent content by PrincessLeppard

1. PrincessLeppard

All things Mary Lou Retton

Some people are speculating it was pneumonia caused by Covid. She's apparently anti-vax? (if true, I had covid after getting the vaccine [two weeks before my booster was due] and my lungs are still a mess)
  2. PrincessLeppard

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Do they hate each other? :watch: Cheap Trick set aside years of antagonism to have the original line up play in 2016, though Rick Nielsen pointedly refused to even acknowledge Bun E Carlos. But they sounded great!
  3. PrincessLeppard

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

Apparently, by using "you," the reader would put him or herself in the protagonist's place. Um, no.
  4. PrincessLeppard

I've been steadily making my way through the list of books that some members of my school want removed from our school library. I just finished Red Blood by Elana K Arnold and while the storyline was interesting, the book is written in second freaking person. Because, and I AM NOT MAKING THIS...
  5. PrincessLeppard

@genevieve I will definitely look for Dead Silence! I just finished Eden West, a YA novel about a teenage boy in a cult. The cult has been doing well, but then some outsiders come in, and he meets a girl who is not in the cult. I liked it, though the ending was unsatisfying.
  6. PrincessLeppard

I recently read Promise Boys, which is described as a mash-up of The Hate you Give and One of us is Lying. I really liked it; the ending is a little too neat, but I liked the three main characters and any of them could have plausibly been the killer. I just finished The Getaway which was kind...
  7. PrincessLeppard

I just finished Dan Festerman's Safe Houses and really enjoyed it and also found out some Cold War info I didn't know and must now do extensive research on. No matter how good the book was, I still think that men should not write lead female characters... Twenty-three-year-old women do not...
  8. PrincessLeppard

The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

If the British military is like the American military, a person can only stay at a certain level for so long. If they are not promoted, they are out of the military. A person is generally a captain (if he or she is an officer) for the longest time, but eventually, they have to make major or get...
  9. PrincessLeppard

Yesterday, I finished Atomic Anna. It's got Chernobyl, time travel, flawed characters (but believably flawed), the somewhat annoying "I can't tell you this big secret" nonsense, a twist I actually didn't see coming, and the potential for the movie to ruin everything, lol. There's a couple of...
  10. PrincessLeppard

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

I am curious if they fixed some of the more glaring issues or just made them worse. :EVILLE:
  11. PrincessLeppard

Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

I use Differin every other day. It's available at Target and similar stores and can be found with the acne care products. It's actual Retin-A, so I'm careful with it, but my skin is super smooth.
  12. PrincessLeppard

Delayed Gratification - The 2022 Baseball Thread

The national commentators always seem to be biased against the National League team. I already heard one of them say that they expected the World Series to go four games to the Astros. Of course, they said that about the Giants in 2012 against the Tigers and well, they were wrong :saint:
  13. PrincessLeppard

Meh, Yankees. Well, at least it won't be Yankees-Dodgers, in which case I would have to root for a meteor.
  14. PrincessLeppard

I read a YA book called Daughters of a Dead Empire, which is about Princess Anastasia and 16 year old avid communist on the run together through war-torn Russia. The plot was interesting and well-executed; I'm curious about how the book is being marketed. I need to look that up.
  15. PrincessLeppard

I'm mainly watching to root against the Dodgers.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information