Recent content by Peaches LaTour

1. Peaches LaTour

What song are you listening to?

"I Can Hear Music" by The Beach Boys. It makes me feel like I am back home again in my beloved California. It is my favorite song from the Ultimate Caifornia beach band. 🎶
  2. Peaches LaTour

Soft Rock Hits (any era)

And then, of course, there is "Wild in the Country" by Elvis.
  3. Peaches LaTour

Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

I am in big trouble: Sephora is opening a store down the street from me. 🙃 Way too easy & I have no self-discipline when it comes to sweets or cosmetics.
  4. Peaches LaTour

Soft Rock Hits (any era)

The last time we saw Seger in concert, he said "We've Got Tonight" was his Mom's favorite song. Another soft-hit song I like is the little-known, countryish tune, "Abilene" by George Hamilton IV.
  5. Peaches LaTour

Soft Rock Hits (any era)

I am a big Holly fan, too & went to several fan get-togethers in Lubbock & Clear Lake. Had the honor of meeting his parents, brothers & widow. Saw The Beatles in concert three times & their song, "This Boy" is really lovely as is John's, "Imagine".
  6. Peaches LaTour

Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

We don't have Netflex, Hulu or any of that but we do have Acorn & we have been binging on Midsomer Murders. All 21 seasons. 😁 We also have a great, local library & we are borrowing all kinds of DVD's from them. When I see a movie on cable that might be interesting, I record it for future...
  7. Peaches LaTour

For God, Country And My Baby by Johnny Burnett on Veteran's Day for all who have served..
  8. Peaches LaTour

RIP Alex Trebek

My father & uncle both died of this bastardly form of cancer within a year of each other. That was 48 years ago. It makes me sad/mad that there still is such a high mortality rate with this type of cancer. May the cure be forthcoming sooner than later. RIP, Mr. Trebeck
  9. Peaches LaTour

Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

As far as hair conditioners go, I really like Shea Moisture & Not Your Mother's Naturals products. Also like Buddha Butter. I do hair conditioning "backward" in that I wet my hair, do the conditioning, rinse it out & then shampoo.
  10. Peaches LaTour

As the Page Turns (the Book Thread)

For some reason which I cannot understand, I love to read in the summer but lose interest in reading during the winter. That said, I have been rereading all my magazines. I hope that counts for something. 😁
  11. Peaches LaTour

Western US is on fire - the 2020 Version

And the fierce windstorm we had in Northwestern Oregon yesterday is now heading toward California 😕
  12. Peaches LaTour

Random Bits Of Trivia

You miss my point. The character of Ashley was a rich, entitled "Southern Gentleman" who could not cope with the realities of his life after the war. Howard did nothing to bring the richness of this character's inability to cope to the screen. It is, IMO, Howard as an actor who failed to bring...
  13. Peaches LaTour

Saw him in concert at the height of his fame; big hair & skin tight pink jumpsuit. Totally fun! Right now, listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
  14. Peaches LaTour

Saw him in concert five times. Always fantastic!
  15. Peaches LaTour

Random Bits Of Trivia

And casting the totally lifeless Howard in such an important role in GWTW, was a huge mistake.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information