Recent content by overedge

1. overedge

Royalty Thread #16: the best of times, the worst of times

They got the police reports from the cops' visits to the Duggar homes, and IIRC they also got copies of the Child Protective Services reports. They were the only media outlet that dared to follow up on the rumours, and despite the Duggars' attempts to discredit them, everything they reported on...
  2. overedge

Kristi Yamaguchi joins Barbie’s “Inspiring Women Series”

Am I remembering correctly that back in the day, when Kristi was world champion and Olympic gold medalist, Mattel/Barbie was one of the companies that was reluctant to hire her as an endorser/spokesperson, because the world apparently wasn't ready for an AAPI Barbie?
  3. overedge

2025 U.S. Nationals in Wichita, KS & Skate America returns to Allen, TX in 2024

Not that US Nationals is located for the benefit of people outside the US, but I took a look at the airfares from Western Canada to Wichita :scream: I could probably go hang out with @Aceon6 in Sheffield for cheaper. No insult to our FSUers in Texas, who are all wonderful people, but I didn't...
  4. overedge

2024 Canadian Stars on Ice

Possibly going to the Vancouver show.
  5. overedge

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

I couldn't believe it when I was reading the news story about the Chinese swimmers. Valieva's Grandpa and/or dessert excuses were ridiculous enough, but that was just one skater (at least, only one skater that got caught). Now this is more than 20 athletes who somehow all managed to ingest the...
  6. overedge

Please consider signing this petition to help Deanna Stellato-Dudek obtain Canadian citizenship sooner rather than later

He gives back to skaters of all ages. He also coaches adults.
  7. overedge

WHAT MOVE DO YOU ENJOY MOST IN EACH DISCIPLINE OF SKATING?

@FSWer the elements in solo ice dance are the same as in partnered ice dance - twizzles, spins, step sequences, pattern dance steps, and choreographic elements like Ina Bauers and spread eagles. Except the skaters are doing them on their own, without a partner.
  8. overedge

Barb Underhill: “The sweet spot [of the blade] is under the ball of the foot. Find it and then you’ll ‘pop’”

It made my morning to see this on the front page of the Globe and Mail! And except for wearing glasses (and hockey skates :lol: ) Barb Underhill looks exactly the same.
  9. overedge

2023/24 Canadian Pairs: News & Updates

I was so impressed with how well Deanna did in speaking French on the show. I think at times she looked more nervous than she was at Worlds :lol: which is understandable, with this being a very popular show that gets a lot of viewers, and where the conversations are very fast and informal. I...
  10. overedge

The Skating Lesson

It's a fundraiser, and the organization putting it on knows way more about skating, and has contributed way more to developing and honoring great skating, than Dave ever has. If he doesn't like who's on the bill, then he can stay home and STFU.
  11. overedge

O.J. Simpson has died

There's a lot of amateur lawyers on that thread..... I don't see why someone would open themselves up to that level of abuse and trolling if the story wasn't true.
  12. overedge

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

This would generate more interest in Nationals that USFS has been able to generate in some years :shuffle: Roll up....roll up for the mystery tour.....
  13. overedge

O.J. Simpson has died

There's some reckoning taking place in some spiritual world.....
  14. overedge

"The Runthrough" podcast with Adam & Ashley

That's what I was referring to, Sylvia, but I meant that the effects of experiencing something like that wouldn't go away quickly.
  15. overedge

"The Runthrough" podcast with Adam & Ashley

I haven't heard the episode, but IIRC Josh's coaching situations also had a lot to do with the end of his career. Basically being forced to compete while injured, by at least one of his coaches, is not a good thing.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information