Recent content by Mont

1. M

Skate Canada Refused to Announce Kerry Leitch's Removal from HoF, Declines to Remove Eisler

Any investigation into his conduct would find many similar incidents. There's a reason he wasn't inducted until one of his former skaters left Skate Canada.
  2. M

Path forward for Canadian figure skating

I'm happy for her but that's really concerning at many levels. The lack of support and growth is a huge problem. And I'm all for synchro and dance, they are fantastic disciplines but Canada has a long history in men, women and pairs as well and there is no reason with the number of skaters...
  3. M

Fun fact. My friend who is a coach told me that W Thompson who was Skate Canada's CEO was on the board of gymnastics as a volunteer for 4 years and chair for a year and was instrumental in helping that organization restructure along with the CEO in the right direction and the dividends are...
  4. M

That's just simply untrue and makes absolutely no sense in relation to the "Senior Director, Performance Excellence". Agree that a SC executive doesn't directly and immediately effect a result but they can provide the conditions to foster and allow for excellence in development that leads to...
  5. M

You may be right about not being suited to being a pencil pusher. Its very different from being a great choreographer etc.
  6. M

Sorry, but if the best you can do is a team event medal, it's pretty much empty handed regardless....
  7. M

I would love to understand how Zukiwsky even has a job. Since he's joined, the result have gone down. Given his title, clearly a big salary and cost to SC. What exactly has he contributed? It makes no sense. Just cause a friend of the ex president?
  8. M

Agree but its not just Slipchuk. It's the board and CEO and senior management.
  9. M

2021/2022 Canadian Men: News and Updates

Dead right. Let's see, (checks notes), after women's short, not a single canadian anywhere near a podium finish, something that is unlikely to change. Don't think its Keegan's fault Canada was no where near 3rd. Team event should be scrapped in skating. Its an ISU medal and TV money grab...
  10. M

Skate Canada 2022 Olympics selection criteria

Would be embarrassed to work for such an underperforming organization. Especially in light of the huge base of skaters and amazing coaches and choreographers in the country...
  11. M

2018 - living at the tail end of a very talented group developed between around 2004 and 2012. Absolutely zero credit to management (other than Slipchuk to some extent) and president at the time. Completely ineffectual development from about 2012 on as is evidenced by the results.
  12. M

Problem is that its not really about the President. They can make a bad situation worse but the CEO and management drive the ship and they have proven completely ineffectual for many years.
  13. M

and responsible along with Armstrong and Lavoie for the precipitous decline in development in Canada
  14. M

Should be completely useless. Talks a lot but clearly doesn't understand the sport or would have done something about lack of development.
  15. M

David Wilson Calls for New Leadership at Skate Canada

Well, based on the results from Worlds and WTT so far, it sure looks like David has a point. Canada is in the wilderness. Big change needed to find its way back. Which btw, I think is totally feasible with so many great coaches and young athletes skating
Do Not Sell My Personal Information