Recent content by mathil

1. M

3 weeks down - 3 to go - what are your thoughts on the GP Series?

I can't speak for other countries but the Italian commentators have always referred to it as 'euler', even in past years ('rittberger' also used to be much more common than 'loop', but they seem to have become more interchangeable now).
  2. M

Hanyu injured

Nothing is official until it comes out of Hanyu's or the Fed's mouths. If they said he's resting one month, then he's resting one month. No need to speculate.
  3. M

Japan's Hanyu fumes at rival for 'intentional' collision

Also, Hanyu approaches the 3A skating backwards, then doing a back counter and turning forwards at the last moment before jumping. What Carroll said in his interview doesn't apply - he had no way of seeing Denis until the last moment.
  4. M

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160331-00000161-sph-spo Japanese press asking Hanyu about the incident. Besides what is already known, he adds that another incident happened at last year's WC in Shanghai, where before the SP (he does not specify if it was in practice or during the 6 min...
  5. M

Hanyu's music was playing for all three instances. He was doing his SP run through. There is no video of the last incident because filming was not allowed in the practice rink (when Hanyu says he 'watched the video' he's probably referring to the ones his trainer took, as he films all of his run...
  6. M

Which is exactly why you'd think Carroll would have warned his student to be more careful as well after that first incident. Or maybe he did, but to no effect. It seems to me that there is an attempt to downplay what happened as if it was nothing - it wasn't. What happened could have been very...
  7. M

Getting into each other way can happen, that's true, but one skater getting into another skater's way as his music is playing for three times on two different days is definitely not as common. Which is not to say that Ten did it intentionally, as I have no way of knowing that (Hanyu is the one...
  8. M

I did post an Icenetwork article above where everything is explained. Ten and Hanyu talked normally after Ten got into his way two times during the second day of practice. The problem is that it happened again the following day and it was more dangerous -- that's when Hanyu got angry.
  9. M

Whether you agree with Hanyu's reaction or not, Ten was in the wrong, and the fact that it happened three times in two days speaks at the very least of carelessness from him. That the third incident happened after the two skaters had talked about it the day before means that Ten was aware of the...
  10. M

No one collided with anyone. The accident is better explained in this article by Icenetwork with quotes from the interested parties. In short, Ten got in Hanyu's way two times during the afternoon session of the second day of practice. Hanyu was having his SP run-through at that time and thus...
  11. M

Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

He is enjoying a great upsurge in popularity, yes :) Hakuhodo (a Japanese advertising company) published a document with athlete's image evaluation in the past few days, and in the overall ranking Yuzuru came in 2nd only to Ichiro, Mao was 3rd, Daisuke was 10th. He's made the cover of many...
  12. M

Or maybe he won't, and people will just have to deal with it :) You're perfectly right, it's not fair to blame Johnny. Yuzuru asked him to design the costume and he knows what his style is. He obviously likes it. Yuzuru gave a lot of input to Johnny on how he wanted the costume to be. He's quite...
  13. M

Yeah, I think as well that there is only a slight chance that he won't be in Sochi, but he's not qualified yet :) so it wouldn't be fair to the other skaters to talk as if he were already. There is so much depth in Japan after all... As of now, considering JSF's criteria of selection, he...
  14. M

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: Rough translation :) Comparing Japanese men: Yuzuru Hanyu the best for now, but the challenge is open [...] Yuzuru HANYU - 180,93 (93,91|87,02) 06/10/2013 - Finlandia Trophy His new free skate, choreographed by David Wilson to the tune of Nino Rota's "Romeo...
  15. M

The Carolina Kostner Thread

Nobody was angry at Carolina at that time (2006 Olympics), but yes, the media hyped her so much that people were really expecting her to medal. She was talented, beautiful, young and the cousin of Isolde Kostner who was Olympic silver medalist in Salt Lake, so she was 'marketable', I guess. You...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information