Recent content by MacMadame

1. MacMadame

Ongoing Issues with Doping-Other than Figure Skating

This is what the ISU should have done with the Team Event in '22.
  2. MacMadame

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

The WaPo did an analysis of these long cargo ships losing power and concluded that it happens a lot and often near bridges and ports: ‘We’re a dead ship’: Hundreds of cargo ships lost propulsion in U.S. waters in recent years While the ship that felled the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore...
  3. MacMadame

In Memoriam

Bob Graham, former FL Governor and Senator: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/politics/bob-graham-dies/index.html
  4. MacMadame

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

Yes! I'm looking forward to Season 2 though.
  5. MacMadame

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

We binge-watched Fallout last night. Mr Mac wasn't as enamored of it as I was. I got really invested in some of the characters. However, I spent most of the evening complaining about how stupid some of the characters were. Okay, most of the characters. :lol: How did they survive an apocalypse...
  6. MacMadame

Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

Elite athletes are crazy. :D
  7. MacMadame

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

I haven't seen any evidence they intend to do that though. We don't know why FL fell through but there is more going on in FL than just being a red state so I doubt that was the only reason.
  8. MacMadame

O.J. Simpson has died

An opinion piece on the subject: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/12/oj-simpson-death-nicole-brown-domestic-abuse
  9. MacMadame

Southwest Plane Drops Engine Cover

It kind of sounds like a design flaw to me. Not a major one but if something continually isn't maintained properly over various airlines, there is probably something in the design that makes it easy to improperly maintain it.
  10. MacMadame

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

I disagree. There can be multiple causes. Life is complex.
  11. MacMadame

According to her book, there were issues before that with the pressure she felt. She mentioned how stories about her name put pressure on her, in particular. So I think there was a combination of things going on some of which was under USFS's control.
  12. MacMadame

She kind of was but she didn't have to be. I hope USFS learns a bit from her story in that regard too. I understand that they are kind of in a bind that they have to market the sport and you can't do that without marketing the skaters but I think they need to do it differently. So first of all...
  13. MacMadame

She does mention a therapist so I think she is. Part of me thinks this isn't any of our business but then again, she did write a book about it. I just hope she's okay.
  14. MacMadame

I found the last section of the book concerning. She's still freaking out before competitions, for example. She also talks about how maybe she'll be able to do a 3x or a quad someday while showing up at 2023 Nationals with a hip injury so bad, it impacted her FS so she dropped a couple of...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information