Recent content by JamieElena

1. J

Ashley Wagner reveals she was assaulted by John Coughlin

This - it's none of our business - those skaters don't owe us an apology or need to make a public apology. I would hope they'd make apology to any victims they know closely to their FACE - which would be far more genuine and meaningful than a tweet. "Cancelling" skaters because they didn't "come...
  2. J

Coughlin's Former Pairs Partner Alleges He Abused Her

Who the hell cares when the name changed? In the time you checked all that info, you could've contacted some of the skaters on the "trash list" directly and voiced your concerns. Further, the thought that the funds might be used in some fashion to harm survivors hadn't even crossed my mind...
  3. J

THIS. THIS SO MUCH. I haven't seen anyone politely ask a skater on twitter - either in January or since - to come correct on the topic. All I have seen are aggressive attacks and demands for an apology - over and over and over again - which most certainly would feel like harassment to me if...
  4. J

Just a thought here, but if anyone feels strongly about wanting their favorite skater to make an apology and a statement of support for survivors, that a better avenue might be sending a well worded, well thought out letter to the skater/their skate club/agent/however and expressing your...
  5. J

it's the repetitive, incessant nature.
  6. J

I wasn't assuming, that's why i said, "maybe." What was that about assuming again? :shuffle:
  7. J

Great, how do we go about getting that to happen for y'all?
  8. J

You can say you're not making demands, but that's not my take away from your posts. And, unfortunately you agree with people who are demanding and wishing miserable lives on skaters who just donated to a funeral.
  9. J

Did Adam not come correct? Did he not do it good enough for everyone's liking? How, exactly, in your estimation should these skaters who posted tribute posts after the suicide of their friend, make amends for the errors of their ways? What would make it all better?
  10. J

I'm not being obtuse or missing the point, I'm just wondering in what book does it spell out what's reasonable and what's not when it comes to grieving? What you want to label "terrible, rotten, harmful tribute posts", I call part of someone's grieving process. Maybe I've been to more funerals...
  11. J

Perhaps we could consult with Emily Post on the proper way to grieve when you're a public figure? I'm sure there's a guidebook somewhere, so that everyone can grieve in a fashion that is acceptable to everyone. Because telling people how to grieve is never tacky or anything like that. :slinkaway...
  12. J

You're being willfully ignorant. The allegations have been known since December. There are numerous closed threads & articles on google that you can read for yourself to get caught up. Quizzing now and asking if SS has proof....is just proof that you're pot stirring.
  13. J

And this is still the case - the trash list does not distinguish that at all and those associated with the list claim there isn't an easy way to tease it out. Further, they don't think it's right to even remove just that portion from the trash list.
  14. J

Yeah, there's a few posters on Twitter who were attaching all levels of skaters to nasty tweets wishing them evil & worse for just posting an RIP post. In my opinion, there's only a few skaters who actually need to publicly apologize for defending Coughlin....the foremost being Chris...
  15. J

Yes, that is my recollection as well regarding the origin and agree, it's all spite.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information