Recent content by coppertop1

1. coppertop1

Jeffrey Buttle's Ararat free skate

It's really nice to see Jeffrey Buttle get recognized. He's overlooked and underrated. No, he wasn't the dominant skater of his time like Elvis or Patrick but that doesn't make him less woryhy. I loved his beautiful skating. I was thrilled when he won Worlds, and now he's an amazing choreographer.
  2. coppertop1

What if Russia were at 2024 Worlds

Russia has a weird combination of both a superiority complex and a victim complex. Claiming they're better than anyone a crying about how everyone hates them all while cheating and then gaslighting people about the doping.
  3. coppertop1

News and updates à la Française, part quatre

Yep! Amazing comeback and single handedly saving France two spots!
  4. coppertop1

News and updates à la Française, part quatre

19th to likely 4th! Wow!
  5. coppertop1

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

The Russian trolls are now insulting Deanna and Max. Jealous much? Can't stand seeing adults win?
  6. coppertop1

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

Best for Russia. Fixed it for him. Ted Barton is such a Russian apologist and it's not a good look at all, especially now
  7. coppertop1

2023/24 Canadian Pairs: News & Updates

It's crazy to think that Deanna made her senior debut as a single skater back in 2000, when Michelle Kwan was at her peak. Twenty some years later, she's back and on top of the world. What a legend!
  8. coppertop1

2023-24 Canadian Men: News and Updates

Maybe we can still get two spots after all? Overall, not a bad showy for our men.
  9. coppertop1

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

What will Russian figure skating even look like when they're allowed back? Down to one slot. The Russian haven't been that strong. Russian Ice Dance has been hit and miss. The other countries have caught up in Pairs, and I don't see Russians being able to keep up its factory with the new age...
  10. coppertop1

Exactly this. The Eteri monopoly wasn't interests or exciting. It was boring and predictable, and even worse, abusive and it all came to a head in Beijing. No thanks. I much prefer what we have now. And knowing Russia had 12/13 year olds doing insane quad combos just shows they're not going to...
  11. coppertop1

If the Russians were allowed back for Milano, they would have to qualify at Nebelhorn. Considering they would be "neutral athletes", how would that even work? And would that effect Belarus if they're also allowed back? It sounds like a mess. Just keep Russia out
  12. coppertop1

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

Having a conveyor belt of interchangeable teenage girls was boring and predictable. It's beause people have bought into the Russian illusion of dominance
  13. coppertop1

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

I much prefer the longevity and maturity that the woman bring. Why rush the young skaters? Give them time to develop.
  14. coppertop1

Japanese figure skating 2023-24 season news & updates

And twenty years after 2006. Freaky
  15. coppertop1

Japanese figure skating 2023-24 season news & updates

The fact that 17 is considered unreasonable says quite a lot about how normalized it has become to have fifteen-year-old girls dominating figure skating. Most women are 17 when they make their senior debut any way. Mao will be 21 in 2030. Twenty-one isn't old at all. Akiko Suzuki made her...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information