Recent content by Allskate

1. A

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

I think this is relevant to figure skating and Valieva. I don't for one minute think that Valieva's was an isolated incident or that it wasn't part of a much larger effort by the Russians. And I think it's interesting that the same drug is involved. You know, because TMZ is coincidentally...
  2. A

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

I can't say I have a whole lot of confidence in WADA and it's efforts to put an end to state-run doping. Not only did they not punish or even disclose the Chinese swimmers' positive tests for TMZ, but they are threatening to sue USADA/Tygart for comments about it. It looks like they didn't even...
  3. A

Solo Ice Dance is now an official ISU discipline

They aren't mutually exclusive. You can have both. Apparently, the solo ice dance is bringing in tradition by skating to war horses like Carmen. :D TBH, I was a little disappointed with the solo ice dance I watched. But, I think that's partly because the programs didn't seem to have the...
  4. A

"The Runthrough" podcast with Adam & Ashley

I really enjoyed this episode. It is always fun listening to Ashley and Adam talk about Raf and his role as mentor versus coach. It really also shows that different skaters need different coaches and may need different coaches at different ages and stages. Their flutz discussion also was...
  5. A

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

Yes, I know. That's why I posted it as "Hana (Hanna?)" when I was posting a link to her Instagram. She spells it differently than the ISU, NBC, etc. do. Everybody else is using "Hana." It seems kind of rude not to use her chosen spelling, but she may not have given much thought to the English...
  6. A

Isabeau Levito Fan Thread!

Isabeau has posted some fun photos from last week: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5FflRerhUQ/?img_index=1 https://www.instagram.com/p/C5FiM9fLbBi/?img_index=1 She's going to be skating in the SOI tour in Japan. Here are some photos Piper took of Isabeau with her and some of the other skaters...
  7. A

And then Isabeau can skate to "What Was I Made For." :lol: I seriously would love to see this. Isabeau is performing in the Japanese SOI shows. Isabeau and Hana (Hanna?) Yoshida just posted IG stories of them together with some of the other skaters. Piper took the photos...
  8. A

As an NBC producer, I'm pretty sure that Sarah didn't have to deal with any of that. ;)
  9. A

Knowing the National Anthem is not a requirement. But, I think they were mocking him for mumbling words that were not the correct words. It really was noticeable, and I was surprised nobody had prepared him for how to conduct himself during the National Anthem. I know it doesn't seem like a...
  10. A

Ironically, Paul Wylie was mine. :D
  11. A

Angela was a wonderful skater, but she did not routinely skate clean programs with all the triples. And certainly not with the content Amber has. There is a heck of a lot of revisionist history going on. The idea that there were a bunch of American women routinely skating cleanly simply isn't...
  12. A

Even if you ignore that, there were not "many" American women who routinely skated clean. And they certainly weren't routinely competing with clean triple-triple combos and triple axels. (And Jenny Kirk definitely placed lower than Amber did at Worlds.)
  13. A

I definitely don't remember "many" young American women back then who would "routinely skate their programs cleanly." And that's not my recollection of Jenny Kirk. (How many senior seasons did Sarah even compete?) And I definitely don't remember any American skaters routinely skating clean...
  14. A

I agree that, in general, it seems to be a focus issue. From what I've read, she trains at altitude and lands her jumps. Practice reports were that she looked great. When she landed the triple axel at Skate America, she did seem to have a burst of adrenaline and it was a problem. But, as it...
  15. A

The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

I love his skating so much. So, from a selfish perspective, I hope he continues to compete. He sounds happy with a healthy outlook.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information