A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No he doesnt but they think he does which is sad. I really cant talk to them or I would. Ihad thought that Grace talking to him and telling him how long things do take would have helped but Im not sure now. I realize they will get it at some point but hate to think it willl just be discouraging at that stage. He isnt a natural, but does seem to like to perform. ISI is the way most kids here end up, there are only a handful in our state that go outside to regionals. You can do ok here , my kids hold their own at regionals.What they dont get is how long is taken them to get to where they are now.
    The nice thing with ISI is he can do a ton of events. I am hoping they do something in Anchorage in July.Maybe then they will see it gives him joy .
    angel
    Hi,
    Thanks for your message. It's interesting. You know the family and I don't, so I can't comment on their state of mind. What I see is that, after your review of the son's level, he doesn't have a level that can make anyone think wether he will go far or not. Only his physical capacities can be assessed at this stage. And I know nothing about them. What I can tell, though, is that he seems pretty good considering he has been skating for only a year. If he can do almost all the single jumps and some upright spins, it's ok.
    The parents issue, as they said, is to decide wether it is time to spend money for competitions, or not, considering it will cost them a lot more than they can afford without making big financial efforts. And to that question I believe it is too early to send him to competitions if it is such a financial issue. Of course if everything were ok money wise, it is better to compete especially since the son seems to have taste for the challenge, but this is not the case.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Do Not Sell My Personal Information