alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

manhn

alilou, I'm catching up on your blog posts! Inspiring, to say the least. I'm going to Thailand in October to visit my sister and her husband (they've been living there the past 2-3 years), using your posts as a guide.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
alilou, I'm catching up on your blog posts! Inspiring, to say the least. I'm going to Thailand in October to visit my sister and her husband (they've been living there the past 2-3 years), using your posts as a guide.
Thanks manhn. Have a great time in Thailand! I imagine your sister can give you some ideas of what to see and do too. The hop on hop off boat in Bangkok is a great way to see all the big golden wats and the palace. I really recommend the floating market/khlongs of Thonburi - this is the tour we did http://www.thaicanaltour.com/small_teak_weekend.php
Also recommend that Wat Phra That - a bit outside of Chiang Mai if you're going north. There's a lot more to see there than we got to. Koh Samui was lovely, but there are thousands of beautiful Thai islands to explore if you have the time for that.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Forgot to mention - the puppet show at The Artists House in Thonburi is really really worth seeing - very different and very professional. Well I guess it depends if you're into that kind of thing or not. Anyway if you want to go but don't want to do the tour of the khlongs that I gave you a link for, just phone them and they'll tell you how to get to The Artists House and when the shows are on.

Japanfan

I published a new post nearly a week ago - about most of our road trips in various countries. We've just completed one in Turkey - a bit nerve wracking but we survived :cheer2:

A bit? :eek:

I could not drive in that traffic you describe - am quite sure I'd have a heart attack at the wheel.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
A bit? :eek:

I could not drive in that traffic you describe - am quite sure I'd have a heart attack at the wheel.
I must admit we were both more tense than usual. And I yelled out loud a couple of times. But it was worth it in the end for the freedom it brought us. I can say that it was worth it since we survived without damage to us or the vehicle :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I was on the river cruise in august - I think you were in an airport close to one of our stops a few days before or after. We made a comment - so close but not close enough?
I'm so hopeless, I don't remember - on here or on FB :confused: Have I forgotten your name in RL too? OMG embarrassed :yikes: I'll just put it down to having a senior moment. Actually I'll call that a senior year :)

sk8pics

Wow, ali, just catching up now, wow! A guy I work with is from Turkey and has had 3 car accidents in the year he's been here. He claimed innocence, but I think it's all becoming clearer, LOL. And beautiful pictures. The one of the dove looks just like one that Ron recently posted, and he has also posted some amazing dragonfly pictures too --including one of two dragonflies mating, or "doing a dance of love" as he put it.

Thank you again for sharing, and be careful out there!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Wow, ali, just catching up now, wow! A guy I work with is from Turkey and has had 3 car accidents in the year he's been here. He claimed innocence, but I think it's all becoming clearer, LOL. And beautiful pictures. The one of the dove looks just like one that Ron recently posted, and he has also posted some amazing dragonfly pictures too --including one of two dragonflies mating, or "doing a dance of love" as he put it.

Thank you again for sharing, and be careful out there!
Thanks sk8pics. I'd love to see the dragonfly pics - where do I find them? We're fine, our road trip ended a couple of weeks ago - we survived it :cheer: Only have to survive the shuttle to the airport on Wednesday and that's it for being in a vehicle in Turkey.

sk8pics

Thanks sk8pics. I'd love to see the dragonfly pics - where do I find them? We're fine, our road trip ended a couple of weeks ago - we survived it :cheer: Only have to survive the shuttle to the airport on Wednesday and that's it for being in a vehicle in Turkey.
Well.... you could send him a friend request and tell him you know me and have heard so much about his pictures. Let me PM you his full name and I'll remind you of mine, too. It's worth a shot, because he has something like 1200 friends, so I don't know how closely he looks at the friend requests. Most are people who have taken tour with him.

sk8pics

I am behind on your blog posts, but I wanted to say thanks for the postcard! Enjoy the next leg and be careful!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I am behind on your blog posts, but I wanted to say thanks for the postcard! Enjoy the next leg and be careful!
That's okay - I understand you have a life :)
Glad to hear you got the postcard - from Turkey? Jordan was wonderful, and we're now at the beginning of our tour through Egypt. Didn't make it to Jerusalem :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information