Spanish skating news

Ziggy

Antonio Najarro created some wonderful work for Lambiel so it's great to hear he is working with the Spanish skaters.

Thanks to Hurtado/Diaz's results, Robledo/Fenero will also be able to compete at Euros next year and I hope to see two fiery, kick-ass flamencos. :cheer:

Ziggy

Who are the Canadian skaters also working with Najarro?

The only elite teams that Dubreil/Lauzon are working with at the moment are Hurtado/Diaz and Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen. Maybe they also have some younger skaters I am not aware of.

Sylvia

TBD
The only elite teams that Dubreil/Lauzon are working with at the moment are Hurtado/Diaz and Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen. Maybe they also have some younger skaters I am not aware of.
Élisabeth Paradis/François-Xavier Ouelette (CAN), 5th in their senior international debut at 2013 Coupe de Nice and 8th at 2014 Canadians.

Their FB fan page confirms they were headed to Madrid (post dated May 3rd): https://www.facebook.com/paradisouellettedance

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Paradis/Ouelette were beautiful at Can Nats. I look forward to seeing what they come up with this season, alongside Hurtado/Diaz. I've never seen the other team from Spain. It should be great Euros.

Ziggy

Paradis/Ouelette were beautiful at Can Nats. I look forward to seeing what they come up with this season, alongside Hurtado/Diaz. I've never seen the other team from Spain. It should be great Euros.

Robledo/Fenero train with Zazoui and Hagenauer in Lyon and they have competed at a few international events this season.

Here are their performances from the NRW Trophy in November 2013:
Celia Robledo/Luis Fenero - Short Dance
Celia Robledo/Luis Fenero - Free Dance

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Looking forward to H/D this season :cheer: I hope they bring the great programs! Loved them last year.

Clef

Does anybody know if Javier Fernandez has already said what will his programs be this year? :)

Josh78

From some Facebook information I found..Javi HAS announced his programs for this season:

SP: Black Betty.
FS: The Barber of Seville by Rossini (Il barbiere di Siviglia)

ioana

Brief interview with Sonia Lafuente after her short program at the Winter Universiade, talking about trying to make the World min. Also giving props to the Granada crowds, saying it is amazing, an honor for them to skate at home in a city like Granda. And that it means a lot to have the crowd giving such a good response to the sport, while coming to cheer them on. http://www.avancedeportivo.es/ad/sonia-lafuente-sentido-bien-y-luchado-cada-elemento/

AnaBM

That schedule totally needs another GP. I hope they'll get a TBD/replacement slot.
Completely agree :(. Does anyone know when the Souvenir Georges-Éthier is? I really can't wait to see their programs.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
More details (in spanish) on the document released by the spanish fed: https://t.co/k1bcvQFZlm
as a reminder, the original criteria was the highest TES score in the SD.
S/D: 35.60 (Bavarian Open)
H/K: 35.70 (Mentor Torun Cup)

They decided to consider that an equal result (difference of 0.10), as just one different GOE given by one judge on one element would be enough to create a 0.20 difference (in other words, 0.20 would be the minimum gap to say that the two scores are different enough).

Given the FD results (huge score by S/D at Bavarian Open), they decided to use that to tip their decision over for S/D.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information