All Thing PBS

skatesindreams

Twitter:

I always liked the Dave Clark 5! :)

EDIT:

I really enjoyed this documentary...lots of great interviews with the band member (some have since died), Paul McCartney, Elton John, et al. I'd forgotten how many great hit song DC5 had!! :D

The documentary was wonderful!

Latte

I really enjoyed the DC5 documentary. They were a great band. I had a crush on Mike Smith, the lead singer. LOL

A.H.Black

Thank heavens for Bletchley Circle. It premiered tonight on my local station. Sunday has become such a wasteland for me, it is nice to have something to look forward to.

dardar1126

Thank heavens for Bletchley Circle. It premiered tonight on my local station. Sunday has become such a wasteland for me, it is nice to have something to look forward to.

Prepare to be bummed out...via Twitter:

Alan Turing Years ‏@AlanTuringYear 1h
Despite 4.9m viewers: "The Bletchley Circle axed by ITV" http://bit.ly/1hUE924 #BPark via @DigitalSpy

This news sucks! :wuzrobbed

EDIT:

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/bletchley-circle-axed-email/

The Bletchley Circle AXED – By EMAIL!!!!!!

April 16th, 2014 by Anna Howell.

Last edited:

Seerek

For parents and kids at heart, two new episodes from Season 17 of Arthur will air Monday and Tuesday next week.

Artemis@BC

^ :cheer: for new Lewis, I knew they couldn't stay away.

:cheer: for the Bill Nighy drama. I remember really liking Page Eight but don't remember a lot of details -- I hope they repeat it before they show the new ones.

Not quite so sure about Death Comes to Pemberley. The book was somewhat of a disappointment to me, but it might make good fodder for TV. And I really like Anna Maxwell Martin, she'll make a great Elizabeth. Matthew Rhys could be great as Darcy too, he's definitely got the right look about him.

Miss Marple -- meh. Julia McKenzie is ok, but if it isn't Joan Hickson, it isn't Marple imo.

Artemis@BC

Both excellent examples of TV adaptations that were better than their source novels, btw. (IMO at least.)

kedrin

I love Jewel In The Crown. I have the DVDs- and still re-watch it from time to time. I haven't ever seen Brideshead, but I also have that. It's on my list.

A.H.Black

Loved both. Discovered Charles Dance in Jewel in the Crown One of the reasons I watched Brideshead was because of Anthony Andrews.

Artemis@BC

The older version of Brideshead is terrific. The newer shorter version doesn't quite measure up.

I prefer to ignore the existence of the newer, shorter version. The Anthony Andrews / Jeremy Irons version is the alpha and the omega.

Last edited:

Johnny_Fever

I prefer to ignore the existence of the newer, shorter version. The Anthony Andrews / Jeremy Irons version is the alpha and the omega.
I was not aware of a newer, shorter version. I don't intend to watch it. Yup, nothing like Andrews & Irons in their prime.

Last edited:

Artemis@BC

Did anyone watch Van Gogh: Painted with Words last night? Two of my favourite things together, Van Gogh and Benedict Cumberbatch. :swoon:

It repeats on Saturday on the Seattle affiliate.

dardar1126

Did anyone watch Van Gogh: Painted with Words last night? Two of my favourite things together, Van Gogh and Benedict Cumberbatch. :swoon:

It repeats on Saturday on the Seattle affiliate.

I saw it on YouTube...an excellent bio pic/documentary...loved it!

Artemis@BC

^ If you're watching on the Seattle affiliate, it's on Thursday instead. (They're repeating Endeavour on Sunday.) So ... check your local listings.

Last edited:

dardar1126

My Austin PBS affiliate is showing it tomorrow, SUN, 06/15; scheduling may vary by local affiliates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information