Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

RockTheTassel

What a great final nationals. I'm so happy and proud of him for holding together even with the mistakes. Well-deserved, and I'm elated that we'll see him in Sochi! :encore:

dinakt

I really am rather speechless at the moment. From the outside, the chances of this happening were not that great, Jeremy is 28 for goodness sake. Yet he won. Am so happy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So happy to see Jeremy win his 4th national title! It wasn't his best performance, but good enough to win. I hope he is saving his best for the Olympics.

His reaction after he finished was one for the ages.

fscric

Really?! Jeremy won? Aww ... I'm so happy for him for winning another National crown. I hope he and Jason would be sent to Sochi, they are my 2 favourites of the US men.

Mozartist

Music Maker
I'm so happy for Jeremy and so proud of him! :) Again, he showed the world what an outstanding artist and fine athlete he is! Jeremy's win and fourth National title is well-deserved. When it counted the most, Jeremy delivered! On to Sochi, Jeremy! :)

Cheylana

At Skate Canada, I foolishly wrote these words:
Awww, Jeremy...he just don't "got it" no more (jump-wise).... :(
Pass the salt, I am ready to EAT MY CROW!!!! :eek: :lol:

Congratulations on your fourth US senior title, Jeremy. So well deserved. And thanks for reducing me to tears during your freeskate. Thank you.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
So happy for Jeremy and Jason! I love that program from Jeremy. Such a pleasant surprise. WTG!!! :cheer2:

dinakt

Wishing to Jeremy a very fulfilling Olympics and - dare I hope- Worlds? If he is feeling well, I hope he goes. It's in Japan, they love him there, and it's the last time... sigh... but how great that Jeremy made it possible for himself to go to Olympics and Worlds once again!

aftershocks

Banned Member
There is a God in heaven! Thank you, Jeremy for your beautiful skating, and for fighting so hard to make the Olympic team for the second time. Four U.S. titles! Do yourself proud in Sochi, Jeremy! Soak up every moment of your final season in eligible skating.

rudi

Sooo happy for Jeremy! I've always been a big fan of his skating, but I have to admit that I was one of the people who thought he could benefit by a coaching change. I happily eat my words now.

Last edited:

centerpt1

I think he said his arm tattoo says " Believe"

Hope he gets to enjoy his Olympic experience

Perseverance = Jeremey Abbott

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I'm very happy for him!

His SP showed that in terms of skating skills, choreography, musicality and sheer presence on the ice he's a man among boys in the US. Also, his LP wasn't amazing, but instead of imploding he simply downgraded his jumps and held on, which was encouraging.

The sad thing is that now I'm going to expend emotional energy hoping for two Olympic performances like his Nationals SP and that's never gonna happen. If it did, though! He has the potential to beat anyone on his day. And nothing would make me happier than a fairytale ending to his career (except perhaps Akiko having the same).

Oh Jeremy :drama:

Last edited:

Allskate

I could barely watch Jeremy skate today. I was so nervous. And then so emotional when he was soaking in the crowd, won the title, and made the team.

Paul Wylie is the one who got me obsessed with this sport. And Jeremy often reminds me of being a Wylie fan. He's so talented, but so inconsistent, and I'm always waiting for him to completely fill his potential. If I thought the skategods weren't listening, I'd say that I was holding out hope that Jeremy will have the kind of Olympics Paul Wylie had.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Right now I am so happy with Jeremy's win that I am not even thinking about the Olympics. I just want him to thoroughly enjoy his Olympic experience, and let the chips fall where they may.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Let us just say he has the potential to win a medal in Sochi if he skates well. :)

Blondie12

Don't think the other men are that happy about Jeremy being on the USA team. At his best, he can challenge for a medal plus if he skates well in team, he could help us earn more points. He might really rain on the parade - if he keeps his head ogether and skate like he did a nationals and not do what he did in 2010 (peak at nationals then bomb).

aftershocks

Banned Member
Seriously, Jeremy should have/ could have been trading World titles and medals over the past four years with Patrick Chan and Dai Takahashi, as Jeremy has greater artistic talent than both of them, but in general they all equal out fairly much with talent level in terms of overall strengths and weaknesses. Now though, Dai's age and pummeling of his body is beginning to show wear and tear. Of course Hanyu has the quad weapon and rep with the judges as well as political clout behind him (re his coach and his fed). Still, I think Hanyu needs more maturing artistically. Jeremy's main issue has been competitive muscle when it counts. Hopefully, Jeremy will master that in Sochi and look at it from here on out as "all gravy," or "icing on the cake," and just do what he can do and have a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information