Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

The Accordion

As I wrote in one of the other threads - I am soooooo sad I don't get to see his 2 terrific programs at Worlds. :( And that we don't get to see that lovely Bring Him Home program skated to its potential is breaking my heart. Double :( :(

Skating678

I've been looking forward to seeing Bring Him Home live at Worlds in London all season... it's heartbreaking.

Maybe he's not going to 4cc because of the injury? But he's still 1st alternate for Worlds so idk

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Jeremy will be a wonderful addition to SOI. He is so artistic, so expressive in his skating. I hope he will make the 2014 Olympic team though, and I am still hoping that he will become the next Paul Wylie- great Olympic performances and then a long pro career that's even better.

tut88

:(
so sad he will not be at 4CC !
do you think it's a federation choice or because of his injury.
I love his FP, like I loved the last year SP !
Be back soon Jeremy !
Hope the two men that will compete at Worlds will do a good work to have 3 men next year !!

dinakt

The middle of his program was so good. I really thought he had it. The double salchow will haunt him for a long time. (((Jeremy))). Oh heck. It's his programs I'll be rewatching in 10, 20 years ( fate willing), whether he won a World medal or not. Won't pretend I'm not heartbroken for him though.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Maybe I've been selfish with Abbott. You see a talent like that with the skills of an artist and pure skater and you want him to be the representation of what this sport truly rewards. I guess I have to take solace in the fact that he did give us some masterpieces (although I still hold my opinion that Bring Him Home is dreck, both the program and the song).

aftershocks

Banned Member
Maybe I've been selfish with Abbott. You see a talent like that with the skills of an artist and pure skater and you want him to be the representation of what this sport truly rewards. I guess I have to take solace in the fact that he did give us some masterpieces (although I still hold my opinion that Bring Him Home is dreck, both the program and the song).

As to your highlighted comment, truer words were never spoken, and I think that's the bottom line in regard to Jeremy Abbott. Re Jeremy's Bring Him Home, maybe your personal dislike of the music influences your opinion. For me this season, Jeremy Abbott's performances are some of the most memorable, especially his performances to Bring Him Home on the GP circuit.

Even if you don't like the music and even with some of the technical mistakes Jeremy had (he never skated the fp completely clean, partly due to his back problems), the emotion Jeremy expresses with his blades and his body across the ice truly extracts the soulful essence of what the music is about. I think Jeremy can skate to anything, and I so wish things would turn out better for him in his skating career. If that doesn't happen, Jeremy will still have had an important and lasting impact on the sport by virtue of his extraordinary talent and his many outstanding and memorable performances on the ice.

PDilemma

My mom and I got to chat briefly with Jeremy during the "victory lap" yesterday. He was sweet, gracious and funny in the midst of what had to be a gut-wrenching afternoon for him. And it meant the world to my mom, really lifted her up to have that moment in the midst of so much stress in her life right now because my father is ill.

I loved Jeremy before...but I became an "uber fan" right then and there! :)

shine

How I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. I'm so saddened by the fact that a skater with his talent (both artistically and technically) will never be a world champion. And yes, I'm beyond thankful that we still have all those transcendatal programs from him over the past several years.

Mozartist

Music Maker
I loved Jeremy's shout-out to Alissa Czisny in the Truth Booth before his exhibition performance that (paraphrased) "Alissa is not giving up, and neither am I" - and his dedicating his performance to her.
It was a beautiful, lyrical performance, as only Jeremy can skate.

I wish that Jeremy would have chosen to go to the 4CC.
His reason for not skating there was that he has to train - since he is the first alternate for Worlds.
But Max Aaron and Ross Miner are young and healthy; they are almost certain to skate at Worlds.
As a huge Jeremy fan, I would have loved to see Jeremy skate at least one more time this season.:)

I'm very glad that Jeremy will be going full steam ahead to prepare for his last probable season, going into the Olympic year.
If his back injury is what is causing his jumps problems this season, and if it is not good for his back to do the quad, he should just forget about the quad, and skate as only he can. :)

I hope that Jeremy can get his back healthy again.
I know that he will - after his eligible career is over.
I'm sure that Jeremy will put everything he has into next season, and I'm so looking forward to seeing him skate!
I'm hoping for a miracle for Jeremy - and one more Olympics! Go, Jeremy! :)

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Still love his skating. Will always love his skating, regardless of results. Reminds me of Lambiel, although the two are very different in personality. Both just full of style, musicality, variety, but making technical mistakes at crucial moments (although yes, Lambiel at least won 2 world titles). It's frustrating to see him mess up and miss medals. . . but he's been nothing but a class act all around, has tried out so many different styles, clearly has a great ear for music (and he ought to take up an instrument!--YES, it can be done at this "late stage" in life). Wishing his back lots of happiness and health. And him too.

jlai

Question everything
It doesn't bother me that Jeremy may never be world champ. Many skaters even more talented don't become world champs (just think the number of US ladies with potential for instance but never even get to worlds).

But I think all skaters want to skate a good short and long at the biggest stage they can get to, at least once. Skaters like Flatt, Nagasu, Wagner, Rippon, and Dornbush all get to do that once or more at worlds or Olympics. For Jeremy's sake I hope it can happen at an international championship some time before he retires

Last edited:

Mozartist

Music Maker
Jeremy's skating reminds me of Lambiel's as well.
When Jeremy is on, he has the technical skills to go along with his masterful interpretive talent.
Yes, that's a great idea for Jeremy to take up a musical instrument later on, when he has more time.
He'd do wonderfully at it and IMO would find it fulfilling! :)

"For Jeremy's sake I hope it can happen at an international championship some time before he retires."

I hope so too!

shine

It doesn't bother me that Jeremy may never be world champ. Many skaters even more talented don't become world champs (just think the number of US ladies with potential for instance but never even get to worlds).
Really? Like who? The only one I can think of right now is Rohene Ward. I actually can't think of many skaters who has had his combination of technical and aristic talents, past or present. It takes incredible talent alone to do the programs that he has been skating, let alone skating them beautifully.

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
Are you thinking US men? I was thinking of US ladies and the non-US men who might not get to worlds for lack of ice conditions or coaching and so on. And the number of early injuries and burnouts :(

Anyway, I believe Jeremy may make everything look easy, but I think most of that is hard work. I Just think of the amount of time he spent changing the 3a entry, and his willingness to go back and relearn his outside eight

spikydurian

How I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. I'm so saddened by the fact that a skater with his talent (both artistically and technically) will never be a world champion. And yes, I'm beyond thankful that we still have all those transcendatal programs from him over the past several years.
Hiya, you are writing him off so soon? He can take his opportunity to rest his injuries now and time to fully prepare for 2014. Would love to continue to see him skate so long he still want to skate.

DarrellH

Take this time, get physically well. Find the focus and the drive to do your best this next year.

When some skaters compete, you hold your breath. When others compete, they take your breath away. Jeremy can do both.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Jeremy tweeted today:
"Not going to lie this made me cry! thank you SO SO much!!! This has been a CRAZY journey that I never want to end!!!"

His tweet included the link to this fan video montage of his skating clips set to "Bring Him Home": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qP_woVMwJQ
(I admit, I chuckled when the "And I am old..." song lyric flashed on the screen. ;))

shine

Take this time, get physically well. Find the focus and the drive to do your best this next year.

When some skaters compete, you hold your breath. When others compete, they take your breath away. Jeremy can do both.

:respec:
Happy Birthday Jeremy!

os168

A belated Happy Birthday!!!!

Huge fan of your FS programs especially your own choreographed Exogenesis by MUSE. You always makes a bit weepy with your beautiful FS, and sometimes unfortunate competition results.

I will never forget meeting you in LA a few years back. Nice clear blue eyes, big smile, and really long eye lashes hehe...

Go Jeremy!!!! I can't wait to see what you and Robin come up with. I am a huge fan of his choreographed work, 6.0 programs for COP.

Take them all down, let it be the year of the Abbott.

spikydurian

Good luck to Jeremy. I think he has an equal chance of making it to the national team for Olympics.

(miskarne will surely commit hara-kiri then):p

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
From Tony Wheeler's review of the "Skate for Hope" show this past Saturday: http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/06/skate-for-hope-10th-anniversary-show.html
Jeremy Abbott skated to 'Bring Him Home' from Les Miserables and landed a perfect triple Axel. Jeremy's skating skills are remarkable, and he listens to every single note of the music with his entire body.
"Bring Him Home": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3lKHhbV3o

Minori (@JeremysJPfans) has uploaded her photos of Jeremy from "Skate for Hope": https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.466875783396259.1073741830.203149803102193
ETA Jeremy's tweet: "@Jeremys_JPfans thank you Minori! This picture is one of my favorites ever!!!" http://instagram.com/p/avzYUZG8AN/

More photos, etc. are posted in the event thread in GSD, starting from: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...olumbus-Ohio&p=3939489&viewfull=1#post3939489

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information