The Carolina Kostner Thread

Sk8swan

She is going to compete at Goden Spin of Zagreb (December 5th-9th). Italian nationals is going to be held in Milan, a week before Christmas.

Well, Golden Spin is Dec.13-16, so doesn't seem possible to me she'll attend that as it's too close to Nationals. Maybe NRW Trophy in Dortmund Dec. 5-9... well, we'll find out later on! :)

Marco

Great to hear Kostner getting new programs, as much as I love her programs from last season, she really perfected them already and is time to move on.

For some reason I have the impression that she does not compete at Italian Nationals. Wikipedia says though, she has only withdrawn twice due to injury.

pingu

Well, Golden Spin is Dec.13-16, so doesn't seem possible to me she'll attend that as it's too close to Nationals. Maybe NRW Trophy in Dortmund Dec. 5-9... well, we'll find out later on! :)

Oops...I wrote the dates that were on the FISG's website...and according to it NRW is at the end of November.

npavel

Oops...I wrote the dates that were on the FISG's website...and according to it NRW is at the end of November.
According to FISG it is 13-16 dec. She can't do any competition in the GP-time. I think it's sort of warm up competition.

pingu

I'll try to translate:
I: Carolina Kostner at the Arena di Verona, you are going to be the sponsor for this event.
C: Wow, now you are making me feel nervous, I feel a lot of pressure now!! :lol: Just kidding, even only the idea (of this event) was so amazing. Now it's its second year and everything is so well prepared, I hope the weather is going to be good as well.
I: What can you tell us abut using (Giuseppe) Verdi's music on the ice?
C: I remember when I was a kid, my mom told me that when she was skating as a kid they were using a lot Verdi's music.
I: The costumes are one of the new details of this show.
C: I am so surprised by how these costumes look beautiful and professional.
I: Kostner is going to interpret Juliet for the first time with the Swiss champion Stéphane Lambiel, that will be Romeo.
I: What do you think about this Romeo?
C: I like him. ;)
I: Does he measure up to Juliet?
C: Absolutely! :D
I: Carolina Kostner is already looking beyond the show at the Arena, she is focused on the European and World Championships in 2013

dinakt

Awwww. Thanks for sharing that!! (Although--isn't that an aria from La Traviata? forgive my operatic ignorance if I'm wrong! Help!)
No, Gounod's "Romeo et Juliette":). It's early in the opera, before she meets Romeo, and Juliette sings how she wants to be joyful and and live in a dream, because once heart learns love, one stops being carefree. Then moments later she meets Romeo... and there you have it.
Lovely skating from both.

sk8ingcoach

Just had a friend in Oberstdorf and he says that Carolina is skating to "Bolero" for what he thought was a short program. He said that the step sequence is amazing

lauravvv

Just had a friend in Oberstdorf and he says that Carolina is skating to "Bolero" for what he thought was a short program. He said that the step sequence is amazing
Thank you for the information. Although 'Bolero' is not an original choice, I would say "great", if Savchenko/Szolkowy were not using 'Bolero' this season as well. Still, if it's true, it will be interesting to see what she and Lori Nichol have done with it.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie

Oooooohhh!!!! She may be the only singles skater to do Bolero justice! I hope it was an LP though... Bolero needs all the time it can get to build the tension

jiggs

Caro has revealed her music choices for 2012/2013:

SHORT PROGRAM: A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & IL TRILLO DEL DIAVOLO
"A Transylvanian Lullaby" (Young Frankenstein)
Composer: John Morris
Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
&
"Il Trillo del Diavolo/The Devil's Trill"
Composer: Tartini
Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pietà

FREE PROGRAM: BOLERO
Composer: M. Ravel
Conductor: Andre Previn

Marco

Caro has revealed her music choices for 2012/2013:

SHORT PROGRAM: A TRANSYLVANIAN LULLABY & IL TRILLO DEL DIAVOLO
"A Transylvanian Lullaby" (Young Frankenstein)
Composer: John Morris
Artist: Gil Shaham & Jonathan Feldman
&
"Il Trillo del Diavolo/The Devil's Trill"
Composer: Tartini
Artist: Angele Dubeau & La Pietà

FREE PROGRAM: BOLERO
Composer: M. Ravel
Conductor: Andre Previn

Did someone skate to "A Transylvanian Lullaby" before? Did she also announce choreographers?

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
I think Caro can rock her choices,but It seems that Lori has no shame and does instant music recycling, lol, Lori Nichol choreographed a SP for Zhang/Zhang last season to A Transylvanian Lullaby.

jiggs

Here is an interview with Carolina that was aired yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpkcRRVg8E&feature=youtu.be

She said she watched her teammates compete at the Grand Prix and sometimes missed not being there but in the end she enjoyed her longer break. She enjoyed watching some skating on TV once ;-)
She got her programs choreographed by Lori Nichol in September only (a couple of months later than usual) and she still has some work to do.
The Bolero has always been on her mind but she never felt that she was "ready" enough and had the courage to skate to it. And even now in practice, it is a very challenging piece to skate to.

lulu

Here is an interview with Carolina that was aired yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXpkcRRVg8E&feature=youtu.be

She said she watched her teammates compete at the Grand Prix and sometimes missed not being there but in the end she enjoyed her longer break. She enjoyed watching some skating on TV once ;-)
She got her programs choreographed by Lori Nichol in September only (a couple of months later than usual) and she still has some work to do.
The Bolero has always been on her mind but she never felt that she was "ready" enough and had the courage to skate to it. And even now in practice, it is a very challenging piece to skate to.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to seeing Caro's interpretation of Bolero.

sk8ingcoach

Carolina is on the entry List for Golden Spin in Zagreb. Other big name skaters on the entry list are Yuna Kim, Adelina Sotnikova, Valentina Marchei and Jenna Mckorkell

jiggs

Carolina is on the entry List for Golden Spin in Zagreb. Other big name skaters on the entry list are Yuna Kim, Adelina Sotnikova, Valentina Marchei and Jenna Mckorkell

Great, thanks for the news! Where did you find the entry list?
This means Carolina will have two competitions before Euros (Golden Spin & Nationals). I hope there will be videos of Golden Spin, I can't wait to see her new programs!

jiggs

The entry list is on the golden spin official website http://www.croskate.hr/zlatna-pirueta/
\

Thank you! I wonder if Yuna will really skate there? Doesn't she debut at NRW Trophy in the beginning of December?
If she competes at Golden Spin as well, the competition would be :watch:

Good luck to Carolina, I hope she can continue her momentum from last season and I can't wait to see what Lori and her came up with!

spikydurian

Happy to hear Caroline is still competing. She 's a beautiful skater. Good luck to Caroline on her competitions.

seabm7

I heard Yuna Kim will compete in Golden Spin just in case she could not go to NRW Trophy.

Last edited:

FunnyBut

LOL, Golden Spin will be the most anticipated competition of the season, more so than GPF :lol:

Macassar88

So funny story - I'm actually going to be learning Mozart Piano Concerto in A Major (the one that Carolina used for her Free Skate) for a competition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information