Congrats to new mom Zenyatta

sk8pics

Zenyatta gave birth to a colt last night. Adorable pics of mom and son up on the Zenyatta.com website. He weighed 130 lbs and looks a lot like Z. Blood horse mentioned a video but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks to Team Zenyatta for being so open to all her fans!

skipaway

Blood horse mentioned a video but I haven't found it yet.

First, :cheer2: So happy for a safe delivery and a healthy foal.

Second: It seems as if the video was taken down for some reason, but someone was quick enough to Youtube a celebratory video and snuck the new video into it. starts at the 43 second mark

Video of Z's Foal

sk8pics

Thanks, skipaway. The colt is TOO CUTE!

BTW, I am going to meet Peppers Pride and HER little baby next month.

sk8pics

Those are cute pictures, especially the one of the little guy lying down with his head down, too. And he definitely has Mom's ears, LOL.

skipaway said:
Jealous!!!
Hey, apparently all you have to do is ask. :cool:

sk8pics

Cutest video ever. :swoon: What a kind person Anne Moss is. And that cute little colt, letting her cradle his head in her hands, kiss him on the forehead, and scratch him under the chin. Too cute and touching.

skipaway

I loved when the foal went under Z's stomach...won't be able to do that for long ;)

sk8pics

Yes, and the poster can be ordered from the Champions gift shop on santaanita.com if you can't be there in person. I already ordered mine.:cool:

Jem X

Pokemon forever
sk8pics, did you order the single "its a boy" poster or the gift with purchase poster?

sk8pics

I actually decided to order the print of Zenyatta dancing, and so the poster is a free gift. They are great in that shop. I got something else from them once, and it came just as ordered and in a timely fashion. What the heck.

skipaway

It was announced today that Zenyatta will be bred next to Tapit. Tapit is the sire of Hansen, last year's Juv. Male Eclipse winner and Breeder's Cup winner. Tapit has also sired many precocious young ones.

Z and T

sk8pics

Wonder if she will have a gray baby.

I think the latest pictures of her and Z12 are just adorable. She is teaching him how to graze, how cute. And he now weighs 191 lbs! Zenyatta is proving to be a good momma.

Jem X

Pokemon forever
Thanks for the link, skipaway. Interesting to read in the postings that Zenyatta will be bred to Tapit in the next couple of weeks, and have her next foal most likely next year in March. Also learned that gray is a dominant gene and her next foal has a 50/50 chance of being gray.

skipaway

I love those gunmetal gray horses that sometimes shows up in horses...I'd love her to have one that color.

sk8pics

He really takes after Mamma Z. Those ears are always up, checking out all the sounds.:cool:

sk8pics

Cute video. I thought the caption for the picture was funny, in that it listed Zenyatta in the left-to-right of who's who. :lol: As if anyone reading that article wouldn't know which one was Zenyatta in the picture.

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
I love those gunmetal gray horses that sometimes shows up in horses...I'd love her to have one that color.

That's an intermediate phase. Grays all eventually turn white (Hansen's just unusually young to be mostly whited out.)

I'm watching the Blue Grass right now and when Dr. Hansen said how everyone loved a white horse me and my brother instantly IM'd each other. Him: "Until you have to clean one." Me: "Until you own one and it rolls in poop." Every time I get bored of every single horse and pony I've had being a solid bay I look at the two piebalds at the barn and the grass and manure stains ground into the white and remind myself bay isn't so bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information