alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Buzz, and highrisegiraffe (love your user name :lol:)

There's a new post on Tuscany coming in the next day or so.

pingu

Maybe something about raisport will come out later in the week (I know it's already wednesday but sometimes they're broadcasting competitions even if they're not on the schedule). And there's still raisport web on the website, they broadcasted a few hours live last week ;)
I love reading about your adventures in Italy, I hope we'll be able to meet soon and talk about your trip :)

SandraMGfan

I saw some of Skate America on TV in our hotel in Venice :cheer2:
(but will miss Skate Canada as the hotel where we are now only has Raisport 1 and 2 and I don't think they're showing any of it :()

And you are only a short fly away from Paris TEB ;) Scott, Tessa, Patrick... i'm just saying...

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks, yet again.
Your photographs are amazing.

You're welcome, and thanks :)

A new blog post is up, all about VENICE! one of the most magical and special places I've ever been to :swoon: :inavoid:

http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com/view/sidebar

or
http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com for IE users

As usual I managed to keep up with COC somewhat on the net. Right now I'm about to youtube the LP's of the top 4 pairs - missed them. Read the dance thread and gather I don't really need to bother to look at any of them :p
Saw Jeremy's LP :swoon: and the top 3 ladies LP's. Carolina gets better and better.

Last edited:

pingu

It's always great to read your perspective of the cities you visited :)
It's vaporetto btw ;)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
A new blog post is up.

This one is some writing from Mr alilou about what prompted us to begin this long journey. And some photographs from me - beautiful Italian pottery, Venetian Carnivale masks, and my strange fascination with laundry.

or for IE users http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com

We met pingu in Milan :cheer2:

So much fun. Thank you for showing us around! Picture coming soon of me and pingu at the top of the duomo in Milan.

And I am so happy - we will be in a hotel that has Eurosport on TV for both TEB and COR :biggrinbo :cheer: :cheer2: :biggrinbo I will be able to watch it all :biggrinbo

skatesindreams

I've said this before: You have a real gift for bringing your "adventures" to life.

Have you thought about submitting any of your posts/articles and photos to travel magazines?
I'll bet that you could cover at least part of your expenses - and travel more.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks skatesindreams. Yes we have thought of that, and also of writing a book about our adventures. I imagine both will come, but it's early days yet. We'll just let it evolve with time.

pingu

A new blog post is up.

This one is some writing from Mr alilou about what prompted us to begin this long journey. And some photographs from me - beautiful Italian pottery, Venetian Carnivale masks, and my strange fascination with laundry.

or for IE users http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com

We met pingu in Milan :cheer2:

So much fun. Thank you for showing us around! Picture coming soon of me and pingu at the top of the duomo in Milan.

And I am so happy - we will be in a hotel that has Eurosport on TV for both TEB and COR :biggrinbo :cheer: :cheer2: :biggrinbo I will be able to watch it all :biggrinbo

I had a lot of fun with you, and it really has been the last day of indian summer! It has been cold and foggy since you left...can you please come back? :shuffle:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I had a lot of fun with you, and it really has been the last day of indian summer! It has been cold and foggy since you left...can you please come back? :shuffle:

So glad we got a lovely sunny day in Milan. Can't come back - gone to sunny south of Spain :D

Hey thanks Buzz, you're welcome.

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
I'm enjoying your posts... at least when I find time to catch up on them.

Have you ever read "Tales of a Female Nomad" by Rita Golden Gelman? Mr alilou's post kinda reminded me of that book. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it. (that applies to anyone reading this thread, actually)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I'm enjoying your posts... at least when I find time to catch up on them.

Have you ever read "Tales of a Female Nomad" by Rita Golden Gelman? Mr alilou's post kinda reminded me of that book. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it. (that applies to anyone reading this thread, actually)

Thanks Belle. No I haven't read Tales of a Female Nomad but it sure sounds intriguing. Better buy it when I get back to Canada in Dec. It sounds like "required reading" :)

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
Belle I had a quick look at Rita Gelman's website - what an amazing woman. Will def read her book - I bet we get inspired all over again.

:) I am sure you'll love her book.

BTW your blog from Australia last year definitely gave me some ideas for my upcoming trip.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
:) I am sure you'll love her book.

BTW your blog from Australia last year definitely gave me some ideas for my upcoming trip.

You're going to OZ?! When? You must go to the Barrier Reef and Uluru if you haven't already been there. Both are astonishing.

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
You're going to OZ?! When? You must go to the Barrier Reef and Uluru if you haven't already been there. Both are astonishing.

I leave... in just a few days. And yes, I am going to both places. :) Even though it will be hot hot hot in Uluru (and probably Cairns as well... but Cairns is not a desert), I did not want to miss the chance to visit there.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I leave... in just a few days. And yes, I am going to both places. :) Even though it will be hot hot hot in Uluru (and probably Cairns as well... but Cairns is not a desert), I did not want to miss the chance to visit there.

:cheer2: Have a wonderful fabulous trip :cheer2:

And give my love to Australia. I've lived in Canada 27 yrs and at times feel quite Canadian (esp when it comes to FS :lol:) but I'll never stop being an Aussie.

I hope you're blogging about your trip. Will you post in SS? I'll look out for it. I'd put this in SS but I know there are FSUers who read it but don't have SS access.

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
:cheer2: Have a wonderful fabulous trip :cheer2:

And give my love to Australia. I've lived in Canada 27 yrs and at times feel quite Canadian (esp when it comes to FS :lol:) but I'll never stop being an Aussie.

I hope you're blogging about your trip. Will you post in SS? I'll look out for it. I'd put this in SS but I know there are FSUers who read it but don't have SS access.

I didn't know you were Australian. Yes, I'm planning to blog. :) Am not looking forward to the plane ride... (my nieces think 2 hr plane rides are long- HA!) although if the planes had wifi, I could have watched the Cup of Russia from the plane- how cool would that have been?!? *sigh*

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I didn't know you were Australian. Yes, I'm planning to blog. :) Am not looking forward to the plane ride... (my nieces think 2 hr plane rides are long- HA!) although if the planes had wifi, I could have watched the Cup of Russia from the plane- how cool would that have been?!? *sigh*
You'll be surprised how quickly the flight will go - just watch a lot of movies. Admittedly the last couple of hours are hard, but up til then it's all movies, eating, and hopefully sleeping a little, and more movies. Have fun!

Apart from GBR and Uluru where are you going?

ETA In Ayers Rock the flies really are as bad as anything you've read. Don't let them sell you any special creams etc to keep the flies away. They don't work. Just fork over the money for a netting for your hat. You'll need a hat but I imagine you know that. The netting will help you stay sane (no matter how hot it feels) esp if you plan to do any hiking around Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Without the netting (or endless applications of insect repellent) you will literally have flies on you all the time :scream:

ETA : from Mr alilou - re flies - and up your nose. And in your eyes.

Last edited:

pingu

Your pics of Milan are great! I don't think I've ever took photos of the city (just a few maybe), but it's nice to see it from an external [maybe outside is more correct?] point of view.
O course the best moment of the day for me was the hanging panties! :lol:
And the ice cream ;) Since you left it has been quite cold so that has probably been my last 2011 ice cream!! :drama:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information