The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

loopey

Tamara used Swan Lake for all of her top Russian pairs. B&S were the best at it though.
Tamara seems to like: The Swan, Swan Lake, and Valse Sentimental. In her early days she seemed to like Grieg and Moonlight Sonata.

But interestingly enough she has never used Dreams of Love after M/D. Maybe if she ever had skaters that could out-do what M/D did, she might consider it.

In fact I can't think of another pair brave enough to use that music after M/D.

skatesindreams

His channel is wonderful!
He's run afoul of the youtube "copyright police" several times, and is very careful about what he posts, now.
I'm grateful that he still does.

Michael O'C

His channel is wonderful!
He's run afoul of the youtube "copyright police" several times, and is very careful about what he posts, now.
I'm grateful that he still does.

Thank you, I have subscribed to it now. You have to be so careful with copyright. Mind you, what chance do you have of purchasing a video or DVD of any of these? I can't see how it is really hurting anyone -very different to copying a DVD and posting it.

By the way, has anybody found out that YouTube has blocked the sites that stop you downloading videos into your computer. I was disappointed but there is away around it - not sure if I should post the solution here. An administrator might let me know.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Odd youtube thingies.

I noticed on my youtube site, when I brought up my videos, that there was now an option to download an mp4. However, when I brought up 3axel1996 (and so glad to see he is back!!!), that view was not given. But perhaps youtube will enable you to download from someone other than yourself in the future...

The copyright thing has become odd. Getting gigged for copyright is more common, especially for music copyrights. Several things I uploaded got gigged, but with no threats, including Fp/m's 1999 Dracula FD, which apparently is blocked throughout the world (I presume for the music? they didn't tell me. But they didn't threaten to ban me over it). Another common tune is apparently a problem ( so many skaters have skated to it) but it yields a notice it may be blocked in some countries, but in the US you get the video with a download link to buy the Itunes.

indyw

Thanks for that!
What an amazing (slightly belated) birthday present.

Here's another peformance from a different direction.
Sheffield:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqrx-vd-8ps&feature=related

That was absolutely STUNNING Live. They goes so high, and there are no harnesses keeping them on. It also went slightly wrong at Nottingham - Jayne couldn't untangle herself after the first lift and had to go back up.

Another one from the DOI tour - the opener (Promo for the DVD)

http://bit.ly/aGkXfK

vivika1982

That was absolutely STUNNING Live. They goes so high, and there are no harnesses keeping them on. It also went slightly wrong at Nottingham - Jayne couldn't untangle herself after the first lift and had to go back up.

Another one from the DOI tour - the opener (Promo for the DVD)

http://bit.ly/aGkXfK

Amazing spectacle.Thank you for posting the link.

Pratfall

Wait..Wait.. Does anybody know what's up with Rachel Kirkland ? I'd like to know , too..

She looks lovely in that clip..So good to see her skating. :)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Wait..Wait.. Does anybody know what's up with Rachel Kirkland ? I'd like to know , too..

She looks lovely in that clip..So good to see her skating. :)

I think she's skating with ice dancer Sebastien Buron in Quebec now..

Pratfall

:)Thank you, Tony Wheeler ! ( wish there was a hat tip smiley ) I don't know Sebastien.. I'm off to look him up.

Edit ; He looks tall, but she looks tall-ish herself....Do you know if this is a try out , or are they a couple ? If so who is/are their coach(es)? He's 19 now , she will be 18 before the end of the year...would that make the new age requirements potentially bad news for them?
Would they have to go straight to Seniors..( Do not pass go, do not collect valuable experience ) ?

Sorry , if this is a hijacking..I'll try to find a really good YouTube clip to make up for it..:lol:

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member
Is it the same Rachel Kirkland who skate with Eric Radford a couples of years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55llKzYofYQ&feature=related

Thanks for posting - I'm really happy to see Rachel is still skating and switching to ice dance is a great move for her. Her biggest strength as a pairs skater was her ability to sell a performance, which should translate well into dance. Lots of other former pairs skaters have had some success in dance - Tanith Belbin and Shae-Lynn Bourne being the most successful, but Tiffany Stiegler and Terra Findlay have also done reasonably well. I was critical of Rachel as a pairs skater because of her weak jumps, but I hope dance works out for her.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Have any of you taken advantage of youtube's offer to 'revenue share' with ads on any of your youtube vids? How did it work out? I have hesitated to do it, because even when we took the film ourselves, we certainly didn't own the music, and hadn't gotten sign off from the skaters either.

loopey

I had never seen this M&D performance before. Not the great pair they'd become yet, but already amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOY0VpPVO8Q&playnext_from=TL&videos=L4iiyrihIi0&feature=sub

And boy did Natalia have a death spiral for the ages!

The quality of that video is priceless. Most videos from 1988 are kind of blurry, but this is amazing.

I have noticed that this particular person often has the best skating video quality from the late 80's early 90's that I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information