2024 Winter Youth Olympic Games, Gangwon KOR, Jan. 26-Feb. 1

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Lovely podium. Am I crazy or does Ambre have a slight facial resemblance to Stepanova?

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I may "crash & burn" at some point during (or even before) the Women FS but here are some links & information for you - the stream should be live in about 25 minutes.

The Olympics YouTube stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTleD5JQfg

The start order:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 STEPCENKO Sofja
LAT.GIF
LAT
2 ZHANG Sherry
USA.GIF
USA
3 KACZMARCZYK Sienna
AUS.GIF
AUS
4 DUBECQ Eve
FRA.GIF
FRA
5 EKKER Lena
HUN.GIF
HUN
Warm-Up Group 2
6 KARHUNEN Iida
FIN.GIF
FIN
7 SHIFRIN Sophia
ISR.GIF
ISR
8 GRADINARU Anthea
SUI.GIF
SUI
9 GURGENIDZE Inga
GEO.GIF
GEO
10 TSAI Yu-Feng
TPE.GIF
TPE
11 KALJUVERE Maria Eliise
EST.GIF
EST
Warm-Up Group 3
12 KIM Yuseong
KOR.GIF
KOR
13 GAO Shiqi
CHN.GIF
CHN
14 RUITER Kaiya
CAN.GIF
CAN
15 SHIN Jia
KOR.GIF
KOR
16 SHIMADA Mao
JPN.GIF
JPN
17 TAKAGI Yo
JPN.GIF
JPN

The Start Order/Results link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/wyog2024/SEG004.htm

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Rewatched the end of dance. Yay USA Ilin/Cain for silver, dynamic French for gold, despite his fall, and the superb earthy Brits for surprising bronze!

Here for final half of women, starting with high-flying Inga of Georgia!

Frau Muller

So great to hear relaxing and mature voices in Graham & Petra!

Inga did well with a 3 axel try. Little style but plows through into lead, above Sherry.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Good last minute for Kaljuvere of Estonia after a Letitia Hubert-style beginning of multiple falls/faults.

Frau Muller

Last group presented…Canada’s Kaiya Ruiter, says Graham, “The only non-Asian in the final group!”

Super last six:
Kim Yuseong (KOR)
Gao Shiqi (Ch)
Ruiter (Can)
Jia Shin (KOR)
Mao Shimada (Jap)
Yo Takagi (Jap)

Thomas Bach, Pres of IOC is here…Gold medal fencer of 197-something!

Frau Muller

Super top 4:

Shimada 🇯🇵
Shin 🇰🇷
Takagi 🇯🇵
Kim 🇰🇷

USA’s Zhang 6th, with 3rd best free skate!

..with South Korea winning my most precious kudo: Best Hair Accessories!!!!!!

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Well, this is interesting. Sherry Zhang had the highest tech score (and probably would've had much higher PCS had she skated later) with a clean program including seven triples and a 3F+2A+2A sequence with only slightly negative GOE. Does the USFS disregard her two-fall short program and still consider her for Junior Worlds? I thought the JW decision was cut and dried after the short program, but now not so much.

On a different note, I'm not sure anyone is going to complain further about Schizas's selection for Worlds after Ruiter's showing here. :lol:

Sarah

Well, this is interesting. Sherry Zhang had the highest tech score (and probably would've had much higher PCS had she skated later) with a clean program including seven triples and a 3F+2A+2A sequence with only slightly negative GOE. Does the USFS disregard her two-fall short program and still consider her for Junior Worlds? I thought the JW decision was cut and dried after the short program, but now not so much.

On a different note, I'm not sure anyone is going to complain further about Schizas's selection for Worlds after Ruiter's showing here. :lol:
This skate is much more in line with how Sherry has skated all season. Her short was the outlier. She’s had falls on her 3-3, but she’s scored very on the JGP despite that. Honestly? I dont know. It could have been a bad skate or the bigness of the event got to her. Who knows?

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Jia has been robbed of more titles in her junior career so far than all Japanese women combined in the last 10 years. How they could do this to her on home ice is beyond me.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Jia has been robbed of more titles in her junior career so far than all Japanese women combined in the last 10 years. How they could do this to her on home ice is beyond me.
A 3+2 combo in the SP here did her in. No robbing necessary.

Desperado

I see that there's a Team Event coming up tomorrow. I'm sure the participants will have tons of fun and I will applaud them from home, but I cannot see "Figure Skating Team Event" without getting a bitter taste in my mouth, considering.

Such a stain on an Olympic sport.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Frau Muller

I see that there's a Team Event coming up tomorrow. I'm sure the participants will have tons of fun and I will applaud them from home, but I cannot see "Figure Skating Team Event" without getting a bitter taste in my mouth, considering.

Such a stain on an Olympic sport.
AND IOC President Thomas Bach - 1976 Olympic gold medalist in fencing - is there!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information