skatingguy

decently

Jonas

I would be shocked if the USFSA DOESN'T outright name Amber, Lindsay, and Ava-Marie to Four Continents. I'd say name an alternate (Elyse Lin-Gracey??) in the likely event one of those three is named to the World team and opts not to travel.

I will say though that if I were Lindsay and Ava, I would compete at Four Continents even if I was named to the World Team. It's halfway through this Olympic cycle and these ladies have to think longer term. It'll give them experience at an ISU Championship. The scheduling is tough, but I can't imagine that they're not aware of it and not have prepped accordingly.

Your thoughts...

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Amber started off really strong in the free program at golden spin, but then she skate Americaed herself.

Another ratified triple axel and then she got the triple triple combo off and the next triple combo off but then had doubles and singles in the second half

I think she’s done all of her triple axels successfully this season, correct? She’s 3 for 3 on triple axels. And I don’t think she’s had a single carrot or double carrot at all yet this season.

She just needs to keep her mind together! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

SkateFanBerlin

Not a great Amber fan but three 3A´s are a major accomplishment. I think Mirai got off one. Now her team needs to shake out what`s going on in her head during the 2nd part of the FS. She has time until nationals. Amber not melting down she`s put in place what she will need to rise to the next level.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I love how ANL is trying to put a positive spin on a GP Espoo-esque SP and a SkAm-esque FS for Amber. She's getting progressively lower total scores as the season progresses. Right now, she's probably the #3 US woman behind Levito & Thorngren, but Ziegler is nipping at her heels.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I love how ANL is trying to put a positive spin on a GP Espoo-esque SP and a SkAm-esque FS for Amber. She's getting progressively lower total scores as the season progresses. Right now, she's probably the #3 US woman behind Levito & Thorngren, but Ziegler is nipping at her heels.

positive spin? I just said she’s skate Americaed herself.

lol I guess completely unlike you I try to end it on something positive so if she were to come to the boards and see any of this, she wouldn’t be down

I didn’t even mention anything about Espoo, what are you taking or drinking up north?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
positive spin? I just said she’s skate Americaed herself.

lol I guess completely unlike you I try to end it on something positive so if she were to come to the boards and see any of this, she wouldn’t be down

I didn’t even mention anything about Espoo, what are you taking or drinking up north?
Hey - I acknowledged that she's still US #3 right now - go check out my latest post in the USFS 4CCs/Jr Worlds/Worlds selection thread. Her average total score over the season is about 5.5 points higher than Ava Marie's. In fact, the margin she has over AMZ is larger than the one Isabeau has over Lindsay (approx 4.75 points).

I will say, she's going to have to skate lights out at Nats to beat Lindsay, who has demonstrated some remarkable consistency this fall despite her injuries. I do think Amber can probably beat AMZ since I'm not entirely sold on the latter's consistency and she's going to be feeling some pressure to replicate her NHK score whereas the pressure might be off Amber a bit due to her struggles late this fall.

mtnskater

Back to Isabeau and the Grand Prix Final. First sooooo happy to see the internet(s) dress feedback was heard and a beautiful new lovely flattering black dress appeared for her White Crow program. Also very relieved the more consistent Isabeau returned in the free with the third highest score. Love her style the most of all the competitors there. She still seems a bit shakier and less confident this year but it was a good redemption performance.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Perhaps there's a physical component to Amber's issues after she lands the 3a. I wonder how frequently she lands it in a practice run through and then has troubles on subsequent jumping passes.

Marco

Back to Isabeau and the Grand Prix Final. First sooooo happy to see the internet(s) dress feedback was heard and a beautiful new lovely flattering black dress appeared for her White Crow program. Also very relieved the more consistent Isabeau returned in the free with the third highest score. Love her style the most of all the competitors there. She still seems a bit shakier and less confident this year but it was a good redemption performance.
The jumps are getting more visibly labourous for her. Reminds me of Kimmie Meissner.

Marco

And I am once agained puzzled by Amber. Did she finally get herself together after shaking off the new 3axel jitters or not. Here she was clean in neither program.

sk9tingfan

And I am once agained puzzled by Amber. Did she finally get herself together after shaking off the new 3axel jitters or not. Here she was clean in neither program.
Doesn't she have ADHD? That may explain some of her ability to focus, especially after successfully landing what is arguably the most important element of her LP? Perhaps her brain short-circuits; maybe her brain chemistry changes after landing a 3A? Just a hypothesis.

ice coverage

2024 ISU Awards ballot for "Most Entertaining Program" includes Amber Glenn (for her SP).

Meaning the ballot with the "long list" of "candidates." The three candidates with the most votes then will be announced as "nominees."

Once the voting closes on Jan 7, 2024, the ISU Skating Awards Selection Commission will take into account the online voting results of the two voting groups (Public / Media) with the following weight: Public 2/3 and Media 1/3. ...
After the voting concludes and the nominees are unveiled, a panel of distinguished Juries featuring six former Figure Skating Champions will deliberate and cast their votes to determine the winners. The grand reveal and presentation of the Awards will take place on Feb 11, 2024.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Is that Zak Lagha carrying Isabeau's plushies for her? We don't get a good closeup, but I think it is. :lol:

RoseRed

Is that Zak Lagha carrying Isabeau's plushies for her? We don't get a good closeup, but I think it is. :lol:

That's definitely Zak

Firedancer

Gracie had surgery to fix an injury (she doesn’t specifically identify):

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information