View Full Version : The Skating Lesson: Interview w/ Jason Brown

Fabrichnova
04-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Didn't see a thread for this one yet. Jenny and Dave interviewed Jason Brown:

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/jason-brown-interview/

Enjoy!

dinakt
04-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Loved it. What a delightful human being he is.

misskarne
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Phew! Jason sure can talk! :lol:

He's such an adorable guy. I love how fondly he talks of Kori and I was laughing all through his description of himself as a "bad kid" because seriously, I can't be the only one having issues imagining that, right?

I am really, really impressed when he says that he was never flexible naturally. I knew he'd done a lot of work on it after seeing Josh (he mentioned the Juvenile incident in the Sarah and Drew interview last year), but I didn't realise that he'd come from scratch to do it. That is bloody AMAZING.

kwanette
04-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Loved it. What a delightful human being he is.

This^

Marco
04-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Dave and Jenny barely spoke. :P

BittyBug
04-13-2013, 06:50 PM
LOL - Jason is quite the chatterbox. He also appears to have a level of emotional maturity that is far beyond his years.

Very enjoyable interview.

Mayra
04-13-2013, 07:08 PM
I think I smiled throughout the entire interview. He just lights up when he talks. :)

Thanks to Jenny and David for bringing these interviews to us. Awesome! :respec:

Sylvia
04-14-2013, 02:45 AM
I left the following comment on TSL's site earlier today:

“Exuberant” is the first adjective that comes to mind to describe Jason’s personality – he comes across as a genuinely happy and positive young man in your interview. My only real “nitpick” with your interview is that I was really looking forward to Jason answering the question about his collaboration over the years with Rohene Ward, but he got sidetracked by another question and never got around to replying.

I received this prompt response:

Dave Lease
April 13, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Hi Sylvia,

I totally would love to here about their collaboration as well. Given that we are somewhat limited in our budget and can’t interview everyone in person, we have to rely on the whims of the three-way internet connection. It was starting to fail at the end of the interview, which Jenny did a beautiful job editing. We are actually planning on having Jason and Rohene on together this summer, which will lead to a potentially fascinating discussion about working and skating together. Stay tuned!

And I totally can’t get enough of Jason Brown’s personality. He has such a freshness and a purity to his personality that is really wonderful to see in a person in the often-cycnical reality that we live in.