PDA

View Full Version : Wa-Po article: Evan Lysacek expects to be in Sochi

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

manleywoman
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Nothing much new here except for his thought on the quad, which seem to have come full circle, but he's still planning on a comeback:

From the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2010-gold-medalist-evan-lysacek-expects-to-go-for-another-olympic-title-in-sochi/2013/04/08/a7b76898-a07f-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html#)

Sylvia
04-08-2013, 09:12 PM
It's an Associated Press article. ;) (author not mentioned)

ETA: The AP article is by Barry Wilner (haven't read any skating-related articles by him lately until this one): http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lysacek-expects-compete-sochi-190729500--spt.html

Sylvia
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
My recent hearsay info is that Lysacek has been training triple-triples.

caseyedwards
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
He didn't outskate plushenko. He outscored him. Big difference. The author is wrong. The system was changed because his outscoring was so atrocious and wrong.

Nothing much new here except for his thought on the quad, which seem to have come full circle, but he's still planning on a comeback:

From the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2010-gold-medalist-evan-lysacek-expects-to-go-for-another-olympic-title-in-sochi/2013/04/08/a7b76898-a07f-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html#)

Lysaceks view on the quad doesn't seem to have changed. He would prefer not to see them and have skaters be clean. Rarely ever skating clean with a quad I could see why he would prefer not to see them but lots of skaters can not only skate clean with 1 quad but 2 or even 3. He really doesn't know what that is like. Not really something he ever did.

caseyedwards
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Lol plushenko sure is known for his mental weakness! Lysacek really unnerved plushenko!! Lol never heard that before ever! If anything it wasn't lysacek it was full realization after the sp that quads had no value.

lala
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Interesting article :)

I really believe, he wants to compete in Sochi.

Triple Axel
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Interesting article :)

I really believe, he wants to compete in Sochi.

I believe he WANTS to skate in Sochi...but I'll believe he's actually planning on giving it a go when I see him actually put blades to competitive Ice...

FSfan107
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
He didn't outskate plushenko.

Wrong. He did in almost everyone's eyes but yours.

I would love to see Lysacek comeback and win Olympic Gold. Seeing the reactions would be so worth it! :EVILLE:

caseyedwards
04-08-2013, 11:44 PM

I would love to see Lysacek comeback and win Olympic Gold. Seeing the reactions would be so worth it! :EVILLE:

It was an All triple program! Who cares?

robinhood
04-09-2013, 12:01 AM

I don't. Nothing against Evan, he's a very worthy OGM, but the young crop of skaters we have had since Vancouver haven't made me missed Evan one bit. I'm much more excited for the young skaters in the US like Brown, Johnson, etc than I have been in a long time.
Of course, if he beats everyone fair and square nothing to say about that but I have serious doubts about his comeback...Anyway, all the best to him and may the best win!

DimaToe
04-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Let me guess, he plans to be in Sochi, then next month he will announce that he will compete in Skate America, then withdraw last minute, then he will "compete" at nationals...Etc.

It just seems that it's been the same story for a couple years now, I have nothing against Evan's skating, I'm also aware he had an injury or two, but if he was serious about returning, he would have been on competitive ice already.

vodkashot
04-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I can't wait to see Lysacek's reaction when Lysacek skates cleanly, but Chan still beats him after falling twice and stumbling out of a couple more jumps in the LP.

overedge
04-09-2013, 01:40 AM
He didn't outskate plushenko. He outscored him. Big difference. The author is wrong. The system was changed because his outscoring was so atrocious and wrong. .

The author is not wrong, and that is not why the system was changed.

KimGOAT
04-09-2013, 01:51 AM

People probably wouldnt even be upset. Right now many think (dread) Chan will win it, and so even those who dont like Evan would think it is the lesser of the two evils if that ever happened, myself included. That said Evan has no chance at the Games, will probably come about 15th. He will be on the team for sure if he shows up at Nationals though. NBC will make sure of htat.

KimGOAT
04-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Lol plushenko sure is known for his mental weakness! Lysacek really unnerved plushenko!! Lol never heard that before ever! If anything it wasn't lysacek it was full realization after the sp that quads had no value.

Quads had value. I like Plushenko but besides his quad his skating in Vancouver was garbage. Without a quad he would have finished below Johnny Weir probably, and with them he very nearly won gold, even if he only had to beat the most generic and forgettable Olympic winner and winning performances in history.