PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir on Chopped: All Stars

Pages : [1] 2

Fridge_Break
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/chopped-all-stars-season-3-meet-the-chefs/pictures/index.html

Johnny has been cast as one of 4 "celebrities" to compete on the 3rd season of Chopped: All Stars (other celebs are Laila Ali, Joey Fatone, and Judy Gold). The other groups of contestants are "Food Network vs. Cooking Channel," "Chopped Judges," and "Mega Chefs."

The winner from each group will face-off for the title of Chopped: All Stars Champion.

The series begins Sunday, April 7. Johnny's episode will air on Sunday, April 28th.

operagirl
04-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Why isn't Brian Boitano doing this?

momnatur
04-04-2013, 05:07 AM
Why isn't Brian Boitano doing this?

because he CAN cook! (that is to say, he has a known quality, kinda liken cheating.)

:EVILLE:

Lanie
04-04-2013, 06:00 AM
I thought I saw Johnny on a promo. This will be, um, interesting

IceAlisa
04-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Love Chopped!

momnatur
04-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Fridge_Break,

I'm sorry... I forgot to thank you for posting this info.

Lanie is right, this should be really interesting.

Sylvia
04-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Bump - show is tonight at 9 pm Eastern.

judiz
04-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Johnny has to realize that not everyone is on a low fat figure skater's diet

skateboy
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh damn... I was going to watch it tonight and then got sidetracked. How did Johnny do?

judiz
04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Johnny was eliminated in the second round, one of the reasons was his portions were too small, another was he wasn't creative enough with the use of one of the ingredients.

This is the second cooking program that Johnny has been on and his cooking was praised both times but he was also criticized for making his meals too bland because he does cook fat free.

rfisher
04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
And, he acted like a total prat when he was eliminated. He threw his apron over his head and left the stage sobbing. It was pathetic.

Justathoughtabl
04-29-2013, 01:06 PM
And, he acted like a total prat when he was eliminated. He threw his apron over his head and left the stage sobbing. It was pathetic.

I think the sobbing was a joke.

aftershocks
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
:lol: I missed the show, and I do enjoy watching Chopped. Really creative what these cooks come up with on the fly, and really brave of them to take on the time-limited, ingredient-limited challenges. Maybe Johnny should flex his cooking chops and offer to cater for celebrations at Sochi! Johnny is definitely a diva of many talents. :)

On the Chopped website, the second and third videos show highlights of the Round 4 match in which Johnny was a contestant:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-network-chopped-2012-video-library/videos/index.html

Nomad
04-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Fat-free doesn't have to be bland. I'm pretty sure that herbs and spices have little or no fat content.

Re his exit, I thought that was just kind of a lame joke on his part.

jeffisjeff
04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Johnny had the same issues when he was on Rachel vs. Guy earlier this year. Who won that anyway? I stopped watching after Johnny was eliminated.

I like Chopped, but I hate the episodes when the contestants aren't actually chefs, like last night. I want to see what cool things real chefs can do with crazy ingredients. I don't want to see what celebrities (or lunch ladies) would make out of chicken tenders and avocado! Maybe if they gave the celebrities a whole cow's head...