PDA

View Full Version : Legendary 2-part Kate Hepburn interview with Dick Cavett on TCM early morning April 3

VALuvsMKwan
04-02-2013, 01:42 AM
This didn't quite fit in the Movies thread. Will be shown after "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" TCM = Turner Classic Movies.

KH came in, rearranged the set furniture and took Dick Cavett along for the ride.

These were shown, according to TCM, in September and October 1973 - her first TV interview related to her first TV production- playing Amanda in Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie" with Sam Waterston, Michael Moriarty and Joanna Miles.

Oh my- this happened at the beginning of my freshman year at William and Mary- 40 years ago nearly? :eek:

VIETgrlTerifa
04-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Other than Hepburn's performance, I always thought that was probably the definitive version of The Glass Menagerie. Michael Moriarty and Joanna Miles's portrayals are the best interpretations I've seen on film.

PRlady
04-02-2013, 03:29 AM
This didn't quite fit in the Movies thread. Will be shown after "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" TCM = Turner Classic Movies.

KH came in, rearranged the set furniture and took Dick Cavett along for the ride.

These were shown, according to TCM, in September and October 1973 - her first TV interview related to her first TV production- playing Amanda in Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie" with Sam Waterston, Michael Moriarty and Joanna Miles.

Oh my- this happened at the beginning of my freshman year at William and Mary- 40 years ago nearly? :eek:

I knew there was a reason I love you. ;) It was the beginning of my freshman year at Sarah Lawrence, yes, almost 40 years ago. I remember Kate blowing Dick right away, and he was my "smart girl crush" for several years in there.